ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   GRETZ: The Conservative Approach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=175040)

Hammock Parties 11-21-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Interesting, Mr. GoChiefs. Teicher (sp?) voiced the exact opposite opinion in his radio interview yesterday. He said that Solari is definitely constrained by Herm. He underlined this point by saying that Saunders would fare no better under Herm.

Teicher says a lot of stuff. He's always pretty anti-Chiefs.

People gave Vermeil a free pass when Robinson was here, and pretty much thought Robinson was the big problem with the defense. For all purposes, Herm appears to know as much about offense as Dick did about defense. I think Herm deserves the same chance Vermeil got with his coordinators.

Unless, of course, Herm shows the same reeruned vote of confidence in Solari that Dick did in Robinson.

petegz28 11-21-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE

People gave Vermeil a free pass when Robinson was here, and pretty much thought Robinson was the big problem with the defense. For all purposes, Herm appears to know as much about offense as Dick did about defense. I think Herm deserves the same chance Vermeil got with his coordinators.

Unless, of course, Herm shows the same reeruned vote of confidence in Solari that Dick did in Robinson.

Teicher is a dumb ass. He is the same guy who one week said we need to start Croyle and the next week said it was a bad move cause we were starting Croyle.

He knows dick about football.

FAX 11-21-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Teicher (sp?) may well be "anti-Chiefs" (you would know better than I), but he appears both knowledgeable and frank, to me.

I agree with what you're saying about Herms coordinators, though. Any coach deserves to make improvements in the coaching staff wherever he sees fit. Personally, I think this is more of a "philosophy" issue than and "xs and os" issue, however. You can hire the most intelligent and innovative OC of all times, but if the HC's philosophy is to let your defense win the games, you're wasting time and talent in that position.

FAX

FAX 11-21-2007 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28
Teicher is a dumb ass. He is the same guy who one week said we need to start Croyle and the next week said it was a bad move cause we were starting Croyle.

He echoed my feelings yesterday, Mr. petegz28.

So, I like him.

FAX

Tribal Warfare 11-21-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

What do you expect? The guy probably hasn't ever played a down of football.

Mr. Laz 11-21-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

not even ...... he's the guy that fully supported the company line when the chiefs put Bennett at running back and sign Tony Richardson for to a starting RB.

unless he's changed lately he's pretty much always been a company man.

petegz28 11-21-2007 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
What do you expect? The guy probably hasn't ever played a down of football.

So? You don't have to of had to play football to be knowledgable.

I mean griping one day that we need to start Croyle then griping one week later when people do what you said needed to be done really takes your credibility down several hundred notches.

Teicher is a drama queen.

FAX 11-21-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

I mean griping one day that we need to start Croyle then griping one week later when people do what you said needed to be done really takes your credibility down several hundred notches.

Teicher is a drama queen.

I respect your views on the guy, Mr. petegz28. I am not at all familiar with Teicher (sp?) and his past articles or remarks and not to drag out the point, but he said yesterday that his gripe was with the "timing" associated with Croyle's start. He thought they should have started him sooner.

FAX

Tribal Warfare 11-21-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

To common onlooker, one will generalize certain plays without diagnosing/recognizing routes/quick reads ect... I use to play QB, and thus I know what to look for in that aspect.

petegz28 11-21-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I respect your views on the guy, Mr. petegz28. I am not at all familiar with Teicher (sp?) and his past articles or remarks and not to drag out the point, but he said yesterday that his gripe was with the "timing" associated with Croyle's start. He thought they should have started him sooner.

FAX

Yes he did say that. Then he said we are hurting Croyle by starting him now.

So as I said we did what he said he thought we should do one week after he said it and he griped cause we did it.