ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416562)
It's a double-edged statement: past performance is no guarantee of future results.

No, it's a pretty clear statement.

You can't treat football like it's alchemy. It's been proven over and over again.

nychief 01-06-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 6416563)
This would be kick ass if it happens. Crennel has 5 SB rings as DC. Giants and NE.

crennel was not the DC on the gmen teams. he was a position coach.

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416546)
Whether it's original or not is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not it works.

This. There are no longer any original ideas in this league. Its all copycat. It worked before, lets try it again. It may fail. It may work to perfection. Who knows? I'm glad Haley's head isn't to big to the point he wouldn't hire an OC. These guys have been successful as coordinators in the past. I really hope with the CW hire, Haley can concentrate on his job and cut back on his stupid in-game decisions.

Mr. Laz 01-06-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 6416524)
Sweet we'll have two name coordinators...which just means that all the free agents will flock to us!

it sure won't hurt

it will also help the Haley ranting crap that won't be appealing to FA's

now there is a well known buffer between haley and the players

HBKChiefs 01-06-2010 07:28 PM

Wow. What a day if this is true. Which it probably is because it's coming from Shefter. I'm excited!

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416585)
This. There are no longer any original ideas in this league. Its all copycat. It worked before, lets try it again. It may fail. It may work to perfection. Who knows? I'm glad Haley's head isn't to big to the point he wouldn't hire an OC. These guys have been successful as coordinators in the past. I really hope with the CW hire, Haley can concentrate on his job and cut back on his stupid in-game decisions.

Spoken like a true Chiefs fan.

"Let's try the WCO"
"Let's try Air Coryell"
"Let's try the Tampa 2"
"Let try the 3-4".

Thig Lyfe 01-06-2010 07:29 PM

Jeezus. We need a ****in' blue balls smilie.

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416552)
Point me to one case in NFL history where it has.

There is none. Doesn't mean you can't try. Their recipe for success worked. A lot of luck involved in NE though. As I've said before, I really wish the Chiefs could find their own way instead of copying everyone else.

HemiEd 01-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 6416484)
At least we arent dragging our feet.

Crennel and Weis are huge upgrades to what we had in 2009, so we have that going for us.

Those are two huge upgrades, and the subtraction of Krumrie makes this a pretty exciting time. Add that to the fact that in the last year this team got rid of Herm and Gunther, things are really looking up.

keg in kc 01-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416572)
No, it's a pretty clear statement.

You can't treat football like it's alchemy. It's been proven over and over again.

You hire the best guys for the job. Period.

What you're suggesting is that they shouldn't hire a guy, regardless of how successful he's been at his job, because they've worked with him before, because they have a track record. Which is your perogative. But, again, I say you hire the best guy for the job. They've apparently decided that's Crennel. Decided that a year ago, probably.

If your only criteria for hiring a guy is "he can't have worked with NE, or Arizona, or Parcells, or whoever", then I fail to see how that's realistically any different than hiring a guy because he has. You're not looking at his merit as an individual candidate.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 6416612)
There is none. Doesn't mean you can't try. T

What's the definition of insanity again?

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416598)
Spoken like a true Chiefs fan.

"Let's try the WCO"
"Let's try Air Coryell"
"Let's try the Tampa 2"
"Let try the 3-4".

LMAO The entire league does this. The NFL IS a copycat league.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416616)
You hire the best guys for the job. Period.

What you're suggesting is that they shouldn't hire a guy, regardless of how successful he's been at his job, because they've worked with him before, because they have a track record. Which is your perogative. But, again, I say you hire the best guy for the job. They've apparently decided that's Crennel. Decided that a year ago, probably.

If your only criteria for hiring a guy is "he can't have worked with NE, or Arizona, or Parcells, or whoever", then I fail to see how that's realistically any different than hiring a guy because he has.

Because the guys that you've worked with in the past are axiomatically the best guy for the job in every case, and NFL history clearly points this out, based on how well the good ole boy network works when relocated without the exact same talent in place.

BigMeatballDave 01-06-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6416617)
What's the definition of insanity again?

See Schottenheimer, Marty.

HemiEd 01-06-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6416546)
Whether it's original or not is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not it works.

Exactly, if it works, do it.