ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SCHEFTER- Crennel to Chiefs Imminent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221244)

OnTheWarpath15 01-12-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 6438040)
Not sure I can applaud it when everyone (non-4H members included) knew this team wouldn't amount to much in terms of wins and losses.

Yeah, because the final record was the only thing discussed here since January...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 6438038)
In case you haven't noticed, and I've had to try, and explain this to Dane before, I'm not on here 24 fuqin 7 the way you are. You try to say, I am but I'm not. I started reading back there because I was working, and couldn't keep up with the thread. How the hell do you stay on here all the time BTW? What do you do during the day? How do you get anything done.
Don't get me wrong. I can get on here, and be here for a while, but there is never a time that I'm on here for more than 15 min, that you are not.
Actually tell me when you're not here, so I can actually discuss some topics without getting into a verbal altercation.

I teach. No classes on Tuesdays. Shockingly, I wasn't on here yesterday morning and late afternoon.

Donger 01-12-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6438063)
1) GM: Eric DeCosta or Doug Whaley

2) HC: Pete Carmichael.

3) OC: Joe Philbin, Clarence Shelmon, or Hue Jackson

4) DC: Sean McDermott (a 4-3 guy who runs a Johnson/Spagnuolo defense)

Thanks. So, are any of those chaps available right now (or were they last year)?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6438068)
Thanks. So, are any of those chaps available right now (or were they last year)?

I chose all of those b/c they are available now.

Had you asked me last year, I would have had the same GM choices, Shanahan as a HC choice, or a package deal of Schwartz and Chuck Cecil as HC DC.

Micjones 01-12-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6438066)
Yeah, because the final record was the only thing discussed here since January...

Of course it wasn't, but that's ultimately that's how NFL teams are measured.
And it's been a hot topic around here.

Otherwise, what did any of you say that none of the rest of us saw coming? Don't worry...I'll wait.

L.A. Chieffan 01-12-2010 02:29 PM

Crennel is better than Pendergast.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefnj2 01-12-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6438075)

Had you asked me last year, I would have had the same GM choices, Shanahan as a HC choice, or a package deal of Schwartz and Chuck Cecil as HC DC.

DeCosta is available?

kcxiv 01-12-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 6437956)
That assumes I've ever paid attention to that smack.
I haven't, but carry on.

I'm sure I said that somewhere. Now if we could only find it...

Because if you opt to give the new regime time and are slower to form such concrete opinions...it means you haven't engaged in critical thought.
:rolleyes:

I've learned that it's impossible to argue with people who don't use logic as a standard of measurement.

The thing thats funny is that, the NFL is a negative league. Teams and players are losers more then winners, so when you got negative fans always talking shit, they are going to be right more then they are wrong, because NFL teams are set up to fail. At least 75-80 percent of them.

There is no sense in trying to argue with guys like Hamas. He just goes off on crazy anger rants. Just let him go off.

OnTheWarpath15 01-12-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 6438078)
Of course it wasn't, but that's ultimately that's how NFL teams are measured.
And it's been a hot topic around here.

Otherwise, what did any of you say that none of the rest of us saw coming? Don't worry...I'll wait.

Oh, I "think it's pretty obvious."

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6438085)
DeCosta is available?

Everybody's got a price.

Donger 01-12-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6438075)

How do you know that "they are available"? For example, I was just reading about Carmichael. Sounds like he turned down the OC position at Miami twice because he wanted to stay in NOLA. And, he was just promoted to OC of the Saints.

That's "available" in your mind?

I guess Shanahan was "available" last year to be HC of the Chiefs, but do we know that he wanted to coach here? I suppose Pioli should have hit him on the head with a shovel, put him in a burlap sack and forced him to coach in KC?

OnTheWarpath15 01-12-2010 02:38 PM

I have an appointment on campus I need to get to, so Hamas, if you'd like to take care of Mic's question quickly, so he doesn't get his panties in a bunch, feel free.

Otherwise, I'll cover it tonight when I get home and he'll have to wait for the answer he already knows.

dirk digler 01-12-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6438085)
DeCosta is available?

Yes he was in the running for the Seahawks GM gig until they hired Carroll.

Titty Meat 01-12-2010 02:39 PM

I still don't see how 4-12 is such a horrible record for a rookie head coach who took over a mess. There was a few wins left out there too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-12-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6438106)
How do you know that "they are available"? For example, I was just reading about Carmichael. Sounds like he turned down the OC position at Miami twice because he wanted to stay in NOLA. And, he was just promoted to OC of the Saints.

That's "available" in your mind?

I guess Shanahan was "available" last year to be HC of the Chiefs, but do we know that he wanted to coach here? I suppose Pioli should have hit him on the head with a shovel, put him in a burlap sack and forced him to coach in KC?

Considering it's a much more prestigious and high-paying job?

Yes.