ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   mcshay mock 3.0 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281986)

RippedmyFlesh 03-08-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10472850)
:LOL: I'd be alright if we drafted him considering our current OL situation. We could certainly do worse. There will be a good WR available in the 3rd. Not too certain about a good OL player being there though. At least not good enough to be an upgrade over what we already have.

You are wrong there is a better chance of getting an interior starting lineman in the 3rd than a starting yes I said starting quality wr. We have enough pieces to build a decent line but nothing after Bowe at wr. Nothing and you see THIS!!!!!!! NOTHING YOU SAY will justify not drafting a wr this year. This is the same as the year megatron came out and thank god herm realized what a stacked wr class that was coming in to take Bowe. I am through with your sick twisted 1970's football ol fetish.

Chiefnj2 03-08-2014 06:06 AM

IMO, Cooks is a better fit for KC. I also don't think these three QB's are going in the first 5 picks.

planetdoc 03-08-2014 10:09 AM

Chiefs already have a bunch of small receivers in avery and AJ jenkins.

I could see the team drafting Bowe's replacement this yr. Bowe's 2014 salary is guaranteed, and only $1.75 million of his 2015 salary. In 2015 his base salary is $10.75 million.

A guy like Jordan Mathews makes alot of sense in that scenario. I'm excited to see what direction Dorsey goes (i.e. size/speed ratio) based on his comments.

O.city 03-08-2014 10:22 AM

When asked about Moore to KC, here was his response

@NFLosophy: RT @YaBoyKStak: #Chiefs? >>I've been told that the Chiefs have fallen in love with AJ Jenkins and believe he's their answer.

OldSchool 03-08-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10473392)

@NFLosophy: RT @YaBoyKStak: #Chiefs? >>I've been told that the Chiefs have fallen in love with AJ Jenkins and believe he's their answer.

SO in other words . . .

http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploa...e-dame-7th.jpg

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards...c9656f042e.jpg

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10473200)
IMO, Cooks is a better fit for KC. I also don't think these three QB's are going in the first 5 picks.

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Both players are very similar in speed and what they bring to the game.

Both are incredibly elusive with the ball in their hands and possess the capability of being play making game changers.

Beckham is a little thicker and I think he's got a more natural ability to high point the ball while being covered than Cooks. (Beckham has 2" longer arms and a 2" higher vertical than Cooks.) As well, Beckham seems to have a higher level of fluidity on his routes. And while both have uncanny agility that translates to the field, Beckham has better strides going downfield versus Cooks who seems to be more of a jitterbug. (Think of Steve Smith versus Desean Jackson - both great receivers but both offering different things - and I think that like Smith, Beckham will be more effective on the outside as a #1 WR.)

Both Beckham and Cooks had utterly ridiculous 20 and 60 yard shuttle times at the NFL Combine and both were fast in the 40.

From what I've seen, Beckham looks to have a higher upside in terms of transitioning to a #1 WR versus being a PR/KR/Slot guy for his career.

Now, if you are speaking of being a guy that fits the Lavell Edwards West Coast offensive system that Reid runs, Jarvis Landry is probably better than either of these guys in terms of his hands, routes, etc. However, we already have a Landry on our team in Junior Hemmingway.

What Beckham and Cooks give you is explosiveness. TNT level explosiveness. And that's something that we currently don't have on the roster. Avery is fast. Jenkins is fast. But neither burst off the line, nor have the agility to utilize that speed in breaks, cuts, etc. Beckham and Cooks do and that's what the Chiefs need. And these guys realize that. It's why they signed Avery, brought in Jenkins - they know that there is a hole on the roster in terms of that dynamic ability at the WR position.

Fortunately, both Reid and Dorsey have drafted that guy (Jackson, Maclin, Cobb).

The only "problem" that the Chiefs might face in the Draft is that both of these cats might be gone by the time the Chiefs pick. I personally think that with their combine results, both may have pulled neck and neck and potentially could have leapfrogged Marquis Lee.

I think that one of the three will be there when they pick in Beckham, Cooks or Lee though.

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473483)

Actually, if they truly think that AJ Jenkins is the answer (which I don't, but let's hypothesize that he is), I think that they go with Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU at #23.

I don't think that they were very satisfied with the LB play outside of Derrick Johnson and realize that with teams utilizing the TE position more and more as an offensive weapon (as well as larger receivers), that the LB position needs a more well rounded player versus the traditional "thumper." (49ers Bowman and Willis are an excellent example of a more modern approach to the 34 inside linebacker position.) As well, Van Noy is equally effective in a pass rush role as he is in mirroring defenders in space.

There's as much of a talent void at the LB position behind Johnson as there is at the WR position behind Bowe.

OldSchool 03-08-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10473564)
Actually, if they truly think that AJ Jenkins is the answer (which I don't, but let's hypothesize that he is), I think that they go with Kyle Van Noy, LB, BYU at #23.

I don't think that they were very satisfied with the LB play outside of Derrick Johnson and realize that with teams utilizing the TE position more and more as an offensive weapon (as well as larger receivers), that the LB position needs a more well rounded player versus the traditional "thumper." (49ers Bowman and Willis are an excellent example of a more modern approach to the 34 inside linebacker position.) As well, Van Noy is equally effective in a pass rush role as he is in mirroring defenders in space.

There's as much of a talent void at the LB position behind Johnson as there is at the WR position behind Bowe.

You think Van Noy can be a Darryl Washington type? I think he has the instincts to do it, I just don't think that Sutton is capable of utilizing his personnel that way though. Van Noy was also too slow for me to take in the 1st. Have enough slow defenders on our team already. Slow and not explosive is a no-no for me in the 1st.

If we go LB, I'd much rather take Ford or Attaochu over Van Noy.

We can get a MLB like Khairi Fortt in the 4th-6th rounds.

BossChief 03-08-2014 12:24 PM

Sac will never stop hoping we have a whole team of BYU alumni in KC.

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473571)
You think Van Noy can be a Darryl Washington type? I think he has the instincts to do it, I just don't think that Sutton is capable of utilizing his personnel that way though. Van Noy was also too slow for me to take in the 1st. Have enough slow defenders on our team already. Slow and not explosive is a no-no for me in the 1st.

If we go LB, I'd much rather take Ford or Attaochu over Van Noy.

We can get a MLB like Khairi Fortt in the 4th-6th rounds.

Van Noy's 40 time is deceiving. While he measured at a 4.71, that speed doesn't change in pads. He's one of the fastest linebackers I've seen recently on the field. His ability to close on the ball is first rate.

And he gives you positional versatility that Attaochu or Ford don't.

While the Daryl Washington comparison is close (and I really liked Washington coming out of TCU), I think the best comparison is current Chief Derrick Johnson. (Though, I think that Van Noy is substantially better at shedding blocks at the same stage as Johnson was.) Both are very instinctive and flow exceptionally well with the play. Van Noy is incredibly "natural" at the LB position and plays it extremely effective on both the edge and inside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2tL4xUZP_8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OldSchool 03-08-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10473804)
Van Noy's 40 time is deceiving. While he measured at a 4.71, that speed doesn't change in pads. He's one of the fastest linebackers I've seen recently on the field. His ability to close on the ball is first rate.

And he gives you positional versatility that Attaochu or Ford don't.

While the Daryl Washington comparison is close (and I really liked Washington coming out of TCU), I think the best comparison is current Chief Derrick Johnson. (Though, I think that Van Noy is substantially better at shedding blocks at the same stage as Johnson was.) Both are very instinctive and flow exceptionally well with the play. Van Noy is incredibly "natural" at the LB position and plays it extremely effective on both the edge and inside.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2tL4xUZP_8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give me Shazier at ILB over Van Noy.

kccrow 03-08-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10473821)
Give me Shazier at ILB over Van Noy.

I like both, but there is something to be said about level of competition sometimes. As a Buckeye fan, I can say that more often than not you know what you're getting when you draft LB, CB, or OL from OSU. Shazier has burst and speed to burn and he gets there with a purpose. I think Van Noy is impressive, but he never showed me the same ability to shed as Shazier.

Saccopoo 03-08-2014 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 10474024)
I like both, but there is something to be said about level of competition sometimes. As a Buckeye fan, I can say that more often than not you know what you're getting when you draft LB, CB, or OL from OSU. Shazier has burst and speed to burn and he gets there with a purpose. I think Van Noy is impressive, but he never showed me the same ability to shed as Shazier.

An overrated, peaked too early type of player?

milkman 03-08-2014 05:39 PM

Sac has always been an articulate dumbass with an unhealthy BYU/Utah obsession.

BigMeatballDave 03-08-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10473392)

WTF