ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ANyone else still want to TANK the season for a better draft pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)

Marcellus 09-23-2012 05:11 PM

Can someone tell me what the options are? Who do we draft in each scenario and how will their career end up.

TIA

Bump 09-23-2012 05:13 PM

I enjoyed today's game, I wasn't even mad we won. And it felt good to win. But I do know that it is also 1 step back at ever experiencing glory. We should have tanked last season, imagine what we would look like right now with Andrew Luck or RG3?

I would be thinking Superbowl myself. Now, I'm thinking toilet bowl.

jspchief 09-23-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8942937)
Well, there has never been a team that went 0-3 that went on to have a winning season for one thing....

Wrong

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8942973)
Can someone tell me what the options are? Who do we draft in each scenario and how will their career end up.

TIA

The options are as they really are...

We get to tank the season (say 1-15) and get the corresponding pick...

No guarantees who we pick....just that we have a horrible season and get an awesome pick...(it would be LIKELY regime change / cassel fired etc...., obviously...

but nothing guaranteed)

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8942986)
Wrong

WHo went 0-3 and ended up having a winning regular season? What year and team plz?

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-23-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8942973)

TIA

Best QB available, shore up defense, let chips fall.

Baby Lee 09-23-2012 05:14 PM

It's simple math really, the more the Chiefs organization holds on to Cassel as a starter, the more desperate the fans are for signifiers for change. Right now hoping for a tanked season is a bold proclamation. Maybe next year will witness hordes of Chiefs fans throwing their progeny into volcanoes and praying to Chtletl the Mayan God of Franchise Quarterbacks.

ModSocks 09-23-2012 05:14 PM

I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

Marcellus 09-23-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8942987)
The options are as they really are...

We get to tank the season (say 1-15) and get the corresponding pick...

No guarantees who we pick....just that we have a horrible season and get an awesome pick...(it would be LIKELY regime change / cassel fired etc...., obviously...

but nothing guaranteed)

If Pioli is still here then it will be a wasted pick I think.

Better off hoping we are the idiots.

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8942999)
I understand that fans think tanking the season is the only way for Pioli to see that Cassel sucks. But you guys also need to understand that if the team tanks, that means there is far more wrong with the Chiefs than just Cassel.

I don't know about you guys, but i'd prefer it if guys like Berry, Flowers, DJ, Houston, Hali, Jackson, Charles, Bowe, Baldwin and our young offensive line do well, considering they are the future of this franchise.

:clap:

Marcellus 09-23-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Boom.

Black Bob 09-23-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8943001)
If Pioli is still here then it will be a wasted pick I think.

Better off hoping we are the idiots.

He will be. it will be better to go ahead and get used to the idea.

Chiefburger 09-23-2012 05:17 PM

tell me how to ignore first. then put me on your ignore list.

whoman69 09-23-2012 05:18 PM

I never root for the Chiefs to lose. If the Chiefs had lost today, there was absolutely no reason to keep Cassel at QB the rest of the season. I guess if you want to call that tanking...I just want what's best for the future of this franchise.

Luke Warm 09-23-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

This x100000000000