ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gretz reporting that Kuharich released today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206972)

T-post Tom 04-29-2009 11:48 AM

Gretz reporting that Kuharich released today.

More Moves at Arrowhead
April 29, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

The purge of the Chiefs personnel department continued as V.P. of Player Personnel Bill Kuharich was released Wednesday morning.

Kuharich joined the organization in 2000 as director of pro personnel. He was named to his current position in 2006 and worked closely with then head coach Herm Edwards in the drafts of 2006 through 2008. He has 26 years of experience in pro football personnel.

Reports out of Detroit had the Lions interested in hiring Kuharich back in January, but the Chiefs refused to grant the Lions permission to speak with him at that time.

He’s the seventh person in the team’s personnel department that has been sent out the door this week by new GM Scott Pioli.

KCrockaholic 04-29-2009 11:52 AM

Cool, I guess. Pioli cleanin house!

BigRedChief 04-29-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcrockaholic4life (Post 5725722)
Cool, I guess. Pioli cleanin house!

He deserves to have his own guys working with him.

htismaqe 04-29-2009 11:54 AM

The fact that they refused to grant Detroit permission, combined with the fact they let him go immediately after the draft, tells me that the whole GM/coaching search took too long and we ended up stuck with what we had.

KCrockaholic 04-29-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5725730)
The fact that they refused to grant Detroit permission, combined with the fact they let him go immediately after the draft, tells me that the whole GM/coaching search took too long and we ended up stuck with what we had.

It appears that way.

Chiefnj2 04-29-2009 11:56 AM

It really had to be a bad environment the last few months. All these guys knew their jobs were on the line and they were likely to be fired after the draft. You have to wonder what kind of job they did in their evaluations.

BigRedChief 04-29-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Maybe. Ya never know because of the info lock down now in place at One Arrowhead drive.

But hopefully this all works out and we don't have to go through this again for 20 years.

KCrockaholic 04-29-2009 11:59 AM

Pioli wants us to be the patriots so bad.

veist 04-29-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 5725736)
It really had to be a bad environment the last few months. All these guys knew their jobs were on the line and they were likely to be fired after the draft. You have to wonder what kind of job they did in their evaluations.

I'd imagine in the scouting world its a relatively small world and word would travel fast that you phoned it in when things got tough. So probably not a good way to enhance your future job prospects.

htismaqe 04-29-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

Marco Polo 04-29-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

You have to wonder what kind of job they did in their evaluations.

If they are professionals and wanted another job in the NFL one day, they would do their job as they normally would.

DeezNutz 04-29-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 5725757)
If they are professionals and wanted another job in the NFL one day, they would do their job as they normally would.

But if they're human, admittedly unlikely for Bill, it's a distinct possibility.

I know if I were about to be fired, I'd be busting my ass to its fullest.

htismaqe 04-29-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 5725757)

You'd think. But there's difference between going through the motions and giving 110%.

Sure-Oz 04-29-2009 12:02 PM

Such a horrible economy!

CoMoChief 04-29-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

You didn't even have to look at the fact to come up with that conclusion really. The fact that we didn't have a HC when combines and everything were going on could have told you that.

Pioli needed this current scouting crew because he had nothing else to work with, no coaches nothing.

To be honest, our draft wasn't exactly special. Last years was clearly better IMO.