ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Kelce & Hill on Burfict (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318321)

TribalElder 10-19-2018 11:06 PM

Kelce & Hill on Burfict

We know what some of the Steelers think of Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict. But, even knowing Burfict served a three-game suspension to start last season after a hit on Chiefs fullback Anthony Sherman, two of Kansas City’s biggest playmakers call themselves fans of Burfict.

“You’ve got to be aware on the football field at all times,” Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce said Friday, via Lynn Worthy of the Kansas City Star. “I mean, it’s grown men with pads and a reckless abandon. I don’t think this week is any different. I know five-five [Burfict’s jersey number] personally. I don’t think he’s out for anybody right now. I think it’s just the way he plays the game. You know what I mean? Either you’ve got a guy like that on your team or you don’t.

Between fines and suspensions, Burfict has lost more than $4 million in his seven NFL seasons. Kelce, though, defended Burfict as just a “very physical football player” who doesn’t seem to have “hate” for other players.

While Andy Reid wouldn’t comment on Burfict this week after Burfict threw an elbow at Steelers receiver Antonio Brown‘s head, Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill said he would take Burfict as a teammate any day.

“I love him as a player,” Hill said. “I feel like if I was a D-coordinator and I had to choose like any linebacker in the NFL, I would definitely choose him because he’s definitely that hard-nosed solid tackler just dirty and grimy linebacker that I like.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry/rumor-mill/

htismaqe 10-19-2018 11:09 PM

All class, all day.

Easy 6 10-19-2018 11:11 PM

Its all fun and games until he bounces one of your heads off the turf

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-19-2018 11:15 PM

Sounds like the kind of LB the Chiefs could use. Penalties be damned, I'll take a few of those for a ****ing soul-eating monster with no remorse, guilt, or second thoughts.

Maybe he could teach some of these half-assed cream puffs how to play at this level.

htismaqe 10-19-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13829444)
Its all fun and games until he bounces one of your heads off the turf

Calling him out as dirty doesn't really accomplish anything. Might as well keep it above board.

Easy 6 10-19-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13829449)
Calling him out as dirty doesn't really accomplish anything. Might as well keep it above board.

I can see the upside in playing it down, but still

FAX 10-19-2018 11:20 PM

Whilst at the club, I always used to compliment the most potentially dangerous, pathological madmen, too.

What psychotic and maniacal eyes you have, Bubba!

FAX

Iconic 10-19-2018 11:30 PM

Excluding all the dirty shit he does I'm a huge Burfict fan too. One of those guys you hate playing against but love having on your team. Just a real gritty tone setter. And the thing is it's tough to find guys like that, that aren't just two down linebackers.

TribalElder 10-19-2018 11:33 PM

I was bummed when we didn't spend a 7th rounder on the guy

He played with so much emotion at Arizona State

rico 10-19-2018 11:34 PM

I thought it was so stupid when he went undrafted. And the few of us who were hoping for the Chiefs to select him round after every passing round, took a lot of shit from the Burfict haters... who outnumbered us.

bobbything 10-19-2018 11:38 PM

He’s gonna end his career with a guy putting him in a coma. And it’s ginna be his own ****ing fault.

TinyEvel 10-19-2018 11:39 PM

If that dirty mother****er hurts one of our guys with an shoulderpad to the head they better kick him out of the league for good.

WhiteWhale 10-19-2018 11:49 PM

Yeah, I feel like most people just wish KC had a big injection of MEAN into the defense.

Best22 10-20-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13829465)
I was bummed when we didn't spend a 7th rounder on the guy

He played with so much emotion at Arizona State

He’d hit a Steeler in the playoffs and get a 15 yard penalty that would put them in field goal range, and the Steelers would win 18-16

Wait, that actually happened

And it’s unbelievable that Pitt has TWO 18-16 playoff wins.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-20-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13829474)
Yeah, I feel like most people just wish KC had a big injection of MEAN into the defense.

With no ****ing apologies about it.