ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2012 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254372)

alnorth 03-21-2012 10:11 AM

Just looked up Quintero's stats.... eesh.

Unless Dyson is in the lineup, this guy is going to be our worst hitter until Perez gets back. The stats do support the theory that he's good defensively, but that only pushes him back to replacement level because he is a terribad hitter.

Career line: .234/.268/.317

He's walked 37 times in over 1,100 AB. This guy is so awful at getting on base, that his hit by pitch stats and the fact he only has 3 SF in his entire career are both a major factor in calculating his OBP.

Demonpenz 03-21-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8478274)
I heard Wells was throwing Pujols foul balls to the crowd while he was on deck and got a huge ovation from both teams fans after he hit the HR, lol

yeah that was happening LMAO.

Demonpenz 03-21-2012 02:40 PM

Mendoza just lefr the game he got hit in the leg.

AndChiefs 03-21-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8480879)
Mendoza just lefr the game he got hit in the leg.

I saw he left. At least it's probably just a bruise and no surgery needed. He's been really good this spring.

Demonpenz 03-21-2012 02:53 PM

Cain just parked one. He continues to impress.

DeezNutz 03-21-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8479523)
Just looked up Quintero's stats.... eesh.

Unless Dyson is in the lineup, this guy is going to be our worst hitter until Perez gets back. The stats do support the theory that he's good defensively, but that only pushes him back to replacement level because he is a terribad hitter.

Career line: .234/.268/.317

He's walked 37 times in over 1,100 AB. This guy is so awful at getting on base, that his hit by pitch stats and the fact he only has 3 SF in his entire career are both a major factor in calculating his OBP.

Rany, and for good cause, basically shit all over this trade.

Kyle DeLexus 03-21-2012 03:06 PM

I'm excited about Cain. They guy is playing lights out.

RockChalk 03-21-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8480887)
I saw he left. At least it's probably just a bruise and no surgery needed. He's been really good this spring.

Bob Dutton tweeted something along the lines that it's just a left thigh contusion.

Can't say bruise. Has to be real fancy when describing the injury

KCUnited 03-21-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8480957)
Cain just parked one. He continues to impress.

Had to feel like home with those 3 consecutive walks, a passed ball, and the catcher attempting to field a chopper only to slip and kick the ball away from himself.

Demonpenz 03-21-2012 04:49 PM

Yeah the only thing missing was the 3 walks and then the pitcher grooves one just to get one over and hits a home run. Jeffress is getting lit up. I thought weed calms you down not elevates your pitches.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-21-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8481227)
Bob Dutton tweeted something along the lines that it's just a left thigh contusion.

Can't say bruise. Has to be real fancy when describing the injury

Us layfolk should use atheletic terminology for our every day bumps.

"I can't go out bar hopping with you guys tonight. Suffered a deep upper left bicep contusion today taking the trash out. I'm day to day."

"You mean that little bruise on your arm?"

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-21-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8481478)
I thought weed calms you down not elevates your pitches.

That's what they mean by "being high in the zone."

alnorth 03-21-2012 06:26 PM

I was at the game, and I doubt Mendoza is seriously hurt. Probably one of those March why take a chance things. It was a low liner, but it hit upper leg, not an ankle.

RockChalk 03-21-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8481767)
I was at the game, and I doubt Mendoza is seriously hurt. Probably one of those March why take a chance things. It was a low liner, but it hit upper leg, not an ankle.

2 things...

On Hosmer's line drive to right center...good hit or routine fly ball?

On Escobar's drive to left center...almost HR or fly ball?

Impossible for me to tell on MLB GameDay. Looked like they were both shots according to where they marked the ball on the field.

alnorth 03-21-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8481797)
2 things...

On Hosmer's line drive to right center...good hit or routine fly ball?

On Escobar's drive to left center...almost HR or fly ball?

Impossible for me to tell on MLB GameDay. Looked like they were both shots according to where they marked the ball on the field.

Hosmer's fly I think was somewhat deep but routine. Escobar hit a shot and you couldn't tell until the of stopped running.