ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto NFT: I need to redo a bathroom. Anybody proud of theirs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329265)

Buehler445 02-13-2020 07:32 AM

NFT: I need to redo a bathroom. Anybody proud of theirs?

I have a bathroom that is in dire need of an upgrade. There isn't a ton that can be done with the space, but Christ almighty it's a pain in the ****ing ass to find anything on bathrooms. Kitchens? Massive amount of design ideas, products, features, whatever. Bathrooms? A couple shitty pinterest posts. If anybody is a non-pinterest user and tries to get anything OUT of pinterest (pictures and whatnot), Seppuku suddenly seems reasonable.

I digress.

Anybody have any features or designs in their bathroom they're proud of?

Essentially mine consists of:
A shower (replaced shortly before I moved in I'm not going to mess with)
72" double sink cabinet vanity
A full length huge ass built in vanity above the sink with bypass mirror doors.
Shit flooring
A closet with bypass doors.
Toilet I probably won't replace.
1 outlet (:cuss:)

The wall next to the shower is just sheetrock with crappy trim that is starting to show some effects from moisture.

I need to get some more electricity in there and probably different lighting. I'm guessing the electricity will require the big wall vanity to come out. If it doesn't I need to do something with the bypass mirrors regardless.

Some dicknose along the way painted all the wood in the house (trim, doors, whatever). Which I wouldn't hate so much if they would have chosen to SAND THE POLYURITHANE OFF FIRST. The ****s. They did not, so it all looks like dog balls.

I need some ideas, if anyone has any.

seclark 02-13-2020 07:54 AM

any windows?
sec

Buehler445 02-13-2020 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14793593)
any windows?
sec

Negative.

dj56dt58 02-13-2020 07:59 AM

1. sell your house
2. find house with nicer bathroom
3. buy house

Buehler445 02-13-2020 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 14793601)
1. sell your house
2. find house with nicer bathroom
3. buy house

Nah man. I kind of went crazy and spent a mountain of money on a kick-ass kitchen. I don’t think I could move somewhere with a dumpy little kitchen. I’m stuck here.

Sofa King 02-13-2020 08:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my bathroom. I added a towel to the back of the toilet, I feel that really spices it up. Maybe that's something you'll want to consider as it's a cheaper alternative.

Buehler445 02-13-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 14793607)
This is my bathroom. I added a towel to the back of the toilet, I feel that really spices it up. Maybe that's something you'll want to consider as it's a cheaper alternative.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...otherofgod.jpg

Dunit35 02-13-2020 08:19 AM

We spent around $8k when we redid ours back in 2018. It was a handicap bathroom with no door to the bathroom just a wide open view to the toilet from the bed. Contractor built a new wall, added a door, tile floors, granite, glass shower door (expensive by itself) painted, textured.

The previous shower was not usable, had no shower door. Not even a curtain. Looks pretty sweet in there now. Has a nice seat in the shower and built in niche as he calls it. Most of that $8k was just the shower.

FlaChief58 02-13-2020 08:22 AM

Quote:

Damn son, you need to change your diet and work on your aim

Boise_Chief 02-13-2020 08:23 AM

I'm remodeling 3 bathrooms this month. Tile shower surrounds new marble floors, upgrade the shower doors new vanities new lighting etc. If you weren't so far away I would come do yours.

The thing to do is google image search for tile showers. Find what you like and then pay a guy. The electrical is easy when you have everything torn out.

FlaChief58 02-13-2020 08:27 AM

So your not actually "redoing" your bathroom since that would entail gutting the whole thing and starting over from scratch.

My suggestion would be to hire an electrician and have him run the power. After that, if you're handy, you should be able to to handle wall repair, flooring and paint.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-13-2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

You son of a bitch. You're the one that just moved out of my rent house!!! You can kiss your ****ing deposit goodbye!

TambaBerry 02-13-2020 08:41 AM

I gutted and replaced my entire bathroom except for the tub. Did it all myself. Really wasn't that bad. Tiling sucks ass though

Perineum Ripper 02-13-2020 08:42 AM

Im going to be putting rollouts in my cabinets under my vanity, so I don’t have to lay down to grab shit out of it. Also put up some wainscoting in the kids bathroom and put in wood floors, that helped a lot. I can text you some pictures of that if you want to see them.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-13-2020 08:42 AM

This is what I plan on doing this year in my master. Convert my shower stall to a towel closet and take my tub out and put in a nice tile shower.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E5G8NY74Orc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>