ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Outrageous Thanksgiving Meals.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197415)

Fish 11-26-2008 10:58 AM

Outrageous Thanksgiving Meals....

What's the craziest Thanksgiving meal you've taken part in?

I'm going to be trying a new one this year... Turbaconducken.... ohh the insanity..

http://bacontoday.com/wp-content/upl...oked-front.jpg

http://bacontoday.com/turbaconducken...pped-in-Bacon/

I'm not cooking it, only eating it... but I'm still frightened...

seclark 11-26-2008 11:01 AM

woah!!!
sec

Mr. Plow 11-26-2008 11:02 AM

My in-laws made taco's & enchilada's for Thanksgiving once. No, they are not Hispanic.

Stewie 11-26-2008 12:12 PM

That doesn't even look appetizing Fish.

My sister-in-law once made boiled shrimp and finger sandwiches for Christmas dinner. It was served on paper plates with plasticware. Ah, the memories.

raybec 4 11-26-2008 12:16 PM

Are you saving up for your artificial heart? I hear that costs a bundle.

Jenson71 11-26-2008 12:17 PM

It'd be healthier to eat a live sow.

blueballs 11-26-2008 12:20 PM

chicken porker

Fish 11-26-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5250579)
It'd be healthier to eat a live sow.

Since when is Thanksgiving about eating healthy?

Embrace the bacon....

The Franchise 11-26-2008 12:25 PM

I've never had a deep fried turkey before. I'm having one tomorrow

seclark 11-26-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250606)

same here...going to have to be pretty good to beat a smoked one.
sec

chasedude 11-26-2008 12:33 PM

I almost didn't think that was a turkey for a second there.

My family never tries anything different. Same Turkey, Chicken and Noodles, Mashed and Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Stuffing and Gravy, Homemade Rolls. Plus the orange, marshmallow salad my aunt brings. I'm glad nothing changes because they're all good. My grandmother is 87 this year and is cooking all this up, she's a machine.

I need to savor these moments as much as possible. When she goes so does her special way of cooking everything.

Jenson71 11-26-2008 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5250626)

My family never tries anything different. Same Turkey, Chicken and Noodles, Mashed and Sweet Potatoes, Green Beans, Stuffing and Gravy, Homemade Rolls. Plus the orange, marshmallow salad my aunt brings. I'm glad nothing changes because they're all good. My grandmother is 87 this year and is cooking all this up, she's a machine.

I need to savor these moments as much as possible. When she goes so does her special way of cooking everything.

My grandma's noodles are always hard as rocks.

The Rick 11-26-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250606)

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5250624)
same here...going to have to be pretty good to beat a smoked one.
sec

Deep fried turkey is the best! I wish I was having it tomorrow.

Instead, my in-laws have turned into some of those "health conscience" type people. There's been talk of having sandwiches instead of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc.

:cuss:

The Franchise 11-26-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5250626)

Interesting. I've never had chicken and noodles for Thanksgiving. It's always Turkey, Ham, Mashed and Sweet Potatos, Green Beans, Corn, Stuffing and Gracy, Rolls and some kind of old people jello salad.

seclark 11-26-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 5250634)

Instead, my in-laws have turned into some of those "health conscience" type people. There's been talk of having sandwiches instead of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc.

something's wrong w/that.
sec

seclark 11-26-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250635)
Interesting. I've never had chicken and noodles for Thanksgiving. It's always Turkey, Ham, Mashed and Sweet Potatos, Green Beans, Corn, Stuffing and Gracy, Rolls and some kind of old people jello salad.

my wife makes noodles every thanksgiving and Christmas. they're rolled out on our dining room table right now. she'll get home from work and cut them all up before we head out of town.
sec

chasedude 11-26-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5250633)

She still makes those from scratch too. Best comfort food cook I ever met.

The Rick 11-26-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5250638)
something's wrong w/that.
sec

I'm hoping it's just all talk. If not, I already told my wife we're having our own Thanksgiving feast on Friday full of unhealthy foods.

chasedude 11-26-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250635)

It's always on the table, about every holiday meal she has. The noodles are homemade, fresh. Melt in your melt goodness. Damn I wish I could forward 24hrs. I'm drooling over here.

seclark 11-26-2008 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 5250642)
I'm hoping it's just all talk. If not, I already told my wife we're having our own Thanksgiving feast on Friday full of unhealthy foods.

there you go...and if they do only serve sammies, i'd take a big after dinner dump in their bathroom and not flush it.
sec

chasedude 11-26-2008 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5250646)
there you go...and if they do only serve sammies, i'd take a big after dinner dump in their bathroom and not flush it.
sec

Give em an upper Decker!!!

Inspector 11-26-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5250633)

Young man, leave your grandmother's noodles alone!!

seclark 11-26-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5250651)
Give em an upper Decker!!!

whatever it takes...sandwiches for thanksgiving:mad:
are they not watching football either?
sec

gblowfish 11-26-2008 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think having Thanksgiving with OJ would be pretty outrageous...

seclark 11-26-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 5250663)
I think having Thanksgiving with OJ would be pretty outrageous...

dude can really slice a turkey.
sec

The Rick 11-26-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5250654)
whatever it takes...sandwiches for thanksgiving:mad:
are they not watching football either?
sec

You got it. My mother-in-law will probably want to play games or something. I don't care, I can't control the food situation, but I can darn well turn the TV on to the game. My father-in-law will join me in that, with silent appreciation I'm sure.

Donger 11-26-2008 01:00 PM

A warning...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqemKVTf_38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqemKVTf_38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger 11-26-2008 01:02 PM

Heh. The guy in that video sounds like Stephen Hawking.

Fish 11-26-2008 01:03 PM

Just in the last 2 years, my family has dropped the traditional rule of not having the TV on during Thanksgiving get togethers. We used to have to sneak out to the shop to watch the Thanksgiving day games. And drink beer... that wasn't allowed inside grandma's house either. And you had to take your hat off inside too, or you'd receive a stern smack upside the head.

Jenson71 11-26-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 5250684)
You got it. My mother-in-law will probably want to play games or something. I don't care, I can't control the food situation, but I can darn well turn the TV on to the game. My father-in-law will join me in that, with silent appreciation I'm sure.

After dinner yoga and meditation is always a thanksgiving favorite!

allen_kcCard 11-26-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5250674)
dude can really slice a turkey.
sec

Not so much anymore....can't get his special cutting gloves to fit onto his hands.

Demonpenz 11-26-2008 01:18 PM

Could you imagine BIG DADDY'S thanksgiving? Nothing but free range turkey's with white meat only, creatine shakes, 18 year old bi sexuals. Pregame prayer to barry bonds, any leftovers go to the Pitbulls, no Muslims or half blacks allowed. Then after dinner, it's off to the octagon.

Fish 11-26-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5250725)
Could you imagine BIG DADDY'S thanksgiving? Nothing but free range turkey's with white meat only, creatine shakes, 18 year old bi sexuals. Pregame prayer to barry bonds, any leftovers go to the Pitbulls, no Muslims or half blacks allowed. Then after dinner, it's off to the octagon.

ROFL

Needs an anti-vaccination activity for completeness.....

chasedude 11-26-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

I havn't really noticed if he's been on. Is he sticking to his punishment for the bet?

The Franchise 11-26-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoDonger (Post 5250687)
A warning...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqemKVTf_38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqemKVTf_38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So what you're saying is.......use common sense.

Demonpenz 11-26-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 5250740)
I havn't really noticed if he's been on. Is he sticking to his punishment for the bet?

Yeah, I don't know if he is still lurking but I wish him and family a happy holidays. He hasn't posted because I think there would people starting a thread for him going back on his bet

Donger 11-26-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250742)

I don't how common it really is, but yes. Archimedes had it right.

Baby Lee 11-26-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5250742)

Alton Brown has a great episode of Good Eats on this. Fire extinguisher, wrap foil around fuel line, start with a patted dry thawed bird, peanut oil, thermometer with long leads, and the best development of all, using an aluminum step ladder, eyehooks, a cleat, and rope to make a hoist to center over the cooker, so you can put the bird in and out from a distance.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 5250694)
Just in the last 2 years, my family has dropped the traditional rule of not having the TV on during Thanksgiving get togethers. We used to have to sneak out to the shop to watch the Thanksgiving day games. And drink beer... that wasn't allowed inside grandma's house either. And you had to take your hat off inside too, or you'd receive a stern smack upside the head.

The hat inside the house thing I could understand...

Good thing they reversed the decision on football and beer, that's ri-god-damn-diculous, IMO.

OnTheWarpath15 11-26-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Rep.

Ecto-I 11-26-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 5250634)

I actually think Deep Fried Turkeys are overrated. For years I wanted to try one, and I finally got a chance last year....nothing special.

Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but for as good as "deep fried Turkey" sounds, it was only marginally better than it's oven baked counterpart.

seclark 11-26-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecto-I (Post 5251052)
I actually think Deep Fried Turkeys are overrated. For years I wanted to try one, and I finally got a chance last year....nothing special.

Don't get me wrong, it's still good, but for as good as "deep fried Turkey" sounds, it was only marginally better than it's oven baked counterpart.

like i said before...it's going to have to be pretty good to beat my smoked turkey. but, the son's going to cook it, so i'll mind my own biz and just stand by w/a beer in one hand and a fire extinguisher in the other.
sec

tooge 11-26-2008 03:52 PM

first you gotta boil it, then you gotta smoke it, then you gotta braise it, then you gotta roast it, and THEN, you fry it.

Stewie 11-26-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

My nephew was determined to do this about 5 years ago. He went out and bought a fryer, oil, etc. In my family we call that the Thanksgiving of the $100 turkey. ;)

Skip Towne 11-26-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Its good but still not as good as smoked.

Pablo 11-26-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 5251082)
My nephew was determined to do this about 5 years ago. He went out and bought a fryer, oil, etc. In my family we call that the Thanksgiving of the $100 turkey. ;)

We shipped 3,000 turkeys Monday night at work.

They were all first priority, overnight, weighing between 15-20 lbs. On top of the cost of the turkey itself, those were probably close to $200 birds.

RJ 11-26-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 5251076)
first you gotta boil it, then you gotta smoke it, then you gotta braise it, then you gotta roast it, and THEN, you fry it.

Sounds like there would be no danger of an undercooked turkey.

blueballs 11-27-2008 02:21 AM

How many
dress up
for dinner