ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Please don't jump off the bridge just yet... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144463)

htismaqe 07-28-2006 09:39 AM

Please don't jump off the bridge just yet...

Look, I'm as distraught as the rest of you about Roaf's retirement, but somebody here has to provide some positive input, because I don't feel like rebooting the server every 30 minutes today. :D

I submit to all of you the Buffalo game.

It was a shining example of Saunders and Vermeil going away from LJ and the run and passing the ball despite heavy pressure from the Buffalo defense.

Larry finished that game with 27 rushes for 132 yards, a 4.9ypc average - without Willie Roaf.

In fact, in the games Willie missed, Larry rushed for about 4.7ypc. And LJ set the single-game rushing record against Houston without Willie Roaf.

Perhaps Herm's conservatism is precisely what we need right now? We can only hope.

cdcox 07-28-2006 09:41 AM

There is a bridge? Where is it?

banyon 07-28-2006 09:44 AM

I am grabbing an anvil so that my descent off the bridge will go that much faster.

Eleazar 07-28-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
I am grabbing an anvil so that my descent off the bridge will go that much faster.

Did you major in physics?

Mr. Laz 07-28-2006 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Perhaps Herm's conservatism is precisely what we need right now? We can only hope.

that's crap ..... if you don't think that herm's conservatism will put more pressure on the need for great offensive line play then you've just smoked a bowl and haven't come back down yet.

morphius 07-28-2006 09:45 AM

And without Roaf we don't have to worry about the deep ball, so Kennison can kiss our ass

Oh?
You don't say?
I guess you are right, I'm really not helping. :D

hypersensitiveZO6 07-28-2006 09:45 AM

I wonder if Herm knew about this.

FringeNC 07-28-2006 09:51 AM

There seems to be this feeling we were the 1999-2002 St. Louis Rams under Vermeil/Sanders. We weren't. Under supposed "Air Saunders" we ran the ball more than 80-90% of the other teams in the league. We simply have little room to run the ball more without being totally predictable.

My reason not to jump off the bridge is that going from Roaf to Black was going from the best in the league to the worst. I think we can put someone in there at LT who doesn't suck nearly as much as Jordan Black.

petegz28 07-28-2006 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Look, I'm as distraught as the rest of you about Roaf's retirement, but somebody here has to provide some positive input, because I don't feel like rebooting the server every 30 minutes today. :D

I submit to all of you the Buffalo game.

It was a shining example of Saunders and Vermeil going away from LJ and the run and passing the ball despite heavy pressure from the Buffalo defense.

Larry finished that game with 27 rushes for 132 yards, a 4.9ypc average - without Willie Roaf.

In fact, in the games Willie missed, Larry rushed for about 4.7ypc. And LJ set the single-game rushing record against Houston without Willie Roaf.

I tried Smaq. I started the "Life After Roaf" thread but basically got slammed for ot echoing that we will be 1-15 this year now.

I remember use running all over Philly with Black until Saunders got cockey!

hypersensitiveZO6 07-28-2006 09:58 AM

The only problem I have is that we lost that Buffalo game 3-14. :banghead:

And Houston sucks horribly. :deevee:

Rain Man 07-28-2006 09:59 AM

There's no time to climb a bridge. I'm stapling myself to death at my desk.

DaFace 07-28-2006 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Did you major in physics?

Well, the descent wouldn't be any faster, but you would sink in the water more quickly with an anvil. :D

Fish 07-28-2006 10:01 AM

Ehh... it really sucks, but we'll be fine.

I ain't scared.....

the Talking Can 07-28-2006 10:02 AM

I just threw someone else off a bridge, you should have posted this sooner.

chagrin 07-28-2006 10:02 AM

Relevant comment, and music trivia -

"Where's that confounded bridge?"