ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

BigBeauford 06-17-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9757424)
If by better, you mean better chickenshit cowards? Then yes.

You said it yourself.. better to be negative and either be unexpectedly surprised or at least consoled by your brilliant, gloom-n-doom predictions coming true. You really keep your bases covered by this approach. Unfortunately, it's an approach that KC coaches and players would slap your pussy self for. :shrug:

It's the skeptics who are out researching and coming up with valid points, and having real debate and discussions about every detail on their team. The true fans could give a shit less, half of them are there just for the beer and bbq. A great fanbase needs a healthy dose of both. Too far one way, and you are the Chiefs fanbase. Too far the other way, and you suddenly become the Jets. I like being right, so I go with what my research tells me. Same thing with Matt Cassel, when he was sacked a ton of times in NE and his receivers lead the league in YAC, I knew he would be exposed with a less talented team. I foresee the same with Smith.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9757421)
You're using that as evidence that we should listen to you about Alex Smith? You weren't savvy enough to recognize what Green could do, and so that makes you an authority of some kind in judging QBs? Interesting logic.

Some of us actually noted at the time that Green's receiver corps was dominated by names like Snoop Minnis and Larry Parker and Chris Thomas, and noted the difference that Kennison made after his mid-season arrival. And it certainly appeared to certain of us that Al Saunders had figured out his offense in general, and Priest Holmes in particular, over the course of the 2001 season, which might have, at the time, been taken as evidence that things could improve for Green in year 2.

Which they did.

Not all of us called him TrINT, in other words.

Unfortunately, I see no parallel in the discussion about Alex Smith.

Okay, I'll join the rest of you and sit and stew over something I cannot control, nor have any clue about how it's going to turn out. So, instead, I'll post negative shit about Smith and try to force my opinion of him.

:)

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9757436)
It's the skeptics who are out researching and coming up with valid points, and having real debate and discussions about every detail on their team. The true fans could give a shit less, half of them are there just for the beer and bbq. A great fanbase needs a healthy dose of both. Too far one way, and you are the Chiefs fanbase. Too far the other way, and you suddenly become the Jets. I like being right, so I go with what my research tells me. Same thing with Matt Cassel, when he was sacked a ton of times in NE and his receivers lead the league in YAC, I knew he would be exposed with a less talented team. I foresee the same with Smith.

Some of the skeptics around here are wrong.

A lot.

BigBeauford 06-17-2013 04:22 PM

Some of us don't develop Stockholm syndrome when we are forced to like something. We resist at all costs, and without that kind of attitude, we might still have Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel in this organization.

mcaj22 06-17-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757446)
Some of the skeptics around here are wrong.

A lot.

what have the skeptics been wrong about so far?

Scooter?
Cassel?
Haley?
Romeo?
Bill Muir?
Brian Daboll?
Stanford Routt?
Zach Thomas?
Peyton Hillis?

literally pick someone. Anyone. Baldwin? Tony Moeaki? the list goes on and on.

USArmyParatrooper 06-17-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9757447)
Some of us don't develop Stockholm syndrome when we are forced to like something. We resist at all costs, and without that kind of attitude, we might still have Scott ***** and Matt Cassel in this organization.

We fans have no effect on the roster. The day that changes it's time to change coaches.

keg in kc 06-17-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757439)
Okay, I'll join the rest of you and sit and stew over something I cannot control, nor have any clue about how it's going to turn out. So, instead, I'll post negative shit about Smith and try to force my opinion of him.

If I was stewing, or if I'd posted anything negative about Smith, or if I'd tried to force my opinion on anyone, I could see what you're saying. As it stands right now, it seems like you're the one having the most issues with dissenting points of view.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757453)
what have the skeptics been wrong about so far?

Scooter?
Cassel?
Haley?
Romeo?
Bill Muir?
Brian Daboll?
Stanford Routt?
Zach Thomas?
Peyton Hillis?

literally pick someone. Anyone. Baldwin? Tony Moeaki? the list goes on and on.

LMAO A chimp could have been right on most of those. I liked the Pioli hire at the time, but then so did most around here.

BigBeauford 06-17-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USArmyParatrooper (Post 9757456)
We fans have no effect on the roster. The day that changes it's time to change coaches.

Lack of attendance, black out arrowhead, planes flying over, fans booing, cheering during injuries, fans booing during charity games. If you don't think these actions have a cumulative affect over time, I just don't agree. Do you think Tim Tebow was really better than Kyle Orton?

mcaj22 06-17-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757465)
LMAO A chimp could have been right on most of those. I liked the ***** hire at the time, but then so did most around here.

and chimps around here also DEFENDED most of those. It goes both ways.

Sandy Vagina 06-17-2013 04:30 PM

Being "right" on the internets iz more important than having any faith in your team after they have made multiple changes on significant positions and coaching!!!!

:shake:

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9757460)
If I was stewing, or if I'd posted anything negative about Smith, or if I'd tried to force my opinion on anyone, I could see what you're saying. As it stands right now, it seems like you're the one having the most issues with dissenting points of view.

I don't have a problem with it, I just don't see the point in it.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, if anyone posts anything remotely positive about Smith, the usual suspects go about there usual diatribe. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Pro-Alex people are viewed as the dissenters.

BigBeauford 06-17-2013 04:33 PM

Part of it is the offseason, and most of us have nothing to do but speculate.

BigMeatballDave 06-17-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9757470)
and chimps around here also DEFENDED most of those. It goes both ways.

I liked Haley.

He was ****ed from the beginning. Cassel + ****face?

No chance for success.

Rausch 06-17-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFanDave (Post 9757493)
I liked Haley.

He was ****ed from the beginning. Cassel + ****face?

No chance for success.

He made his own bed.

The team respected the guy so much they played their balls off once he was fired for an even worse coach...