ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music The country music repository thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260855)

Simply Red 11-05-2012 08:17 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MHeB6lChVrc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Iowanian 11-05-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9088345)
Awesome! I assume they're cool guys?

I didn't chat with all of them, but they are level headed guys. The singer is a little aloof or shy maybe but we had a nice conversation before and afterwards. I agreed to take them on an adventure next time they're in the area. They're just very, very talented and put on an excellent show. My 2yr old requests turnpike songs in the car. My other kids know the words to as many as I do.

You're still stuck on the previous CD....Give Gin, Smoke and Lies a whirl. It really gets me. The song I like best on the new one is "before the devil knows we're dead". Given what you've said about that song, I think you'll like good lord Lori.

I've met Hellbound Glory recently as well. Living the lifestyle they sing about and I was less impressed with them as people than their music.

Buehler445 11-05-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9088444)
I didn't chat with all of them, but they are level headed guys. The singer is a little aloof or shy maybe but we had a nice conversation before and afterwards. I agreed to take them on an adventure next time they're in the area. They're just very, very talented and put on an excellent show. My 2yr old requests turnpike songs in the car. My other kids know the words to as many as I do.

You're still stuck on the previous CD....Give Gin, Smoke and Lies a whirl. It really gets me. The song I like best on the new one is "before the devil knows we're dead". Given what you've said about that song, I think you'll like good lord Lori.

I've met Hellbound Glory recently as well. Living the lifestyle they sing about and I was less impressed with them as people than their music.

I've listened to gin, smoke, and lies several times. I really like the Lori song too. I don't think I've heard before the Devil knows we're dead.

Frosty 11-06-2012 12:36 PM

I had lunch in a BK the other day and they were playing a country music radio station. It was the first time in probably five years that I've heard country radio. The highlight (lowlight?) was some song where part of the chorus was something about "she makes my speakers go boom, boom" and then rhymed that with "room, room". :shake:

Just awful.

Buehler445 11-06-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9090671)
I had lunch in a BK the other day and they were playing a country music radio station. It was the first time in probably five years that I've heard country radio. The highlight (lowlight?) was some song where part of the chorus was something about "she makes my speakers go boom, boom" and then rhymed that with "room, room". :shake:

Just awful.

That song is disgusting. But not all country is bad. Just most of the new stuff :D

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9090671)

Just awful.

Luke Bryan "Drunk On You"

That's an example of.... as we like to say in the business...... "a giant ****ing piece of shit."

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9088224)
I saw them last week and we had a beer after the show.

How is it you know these guys? From your neck of the woods? Old buddys? Just met them somewhere before?

I like them pretty well.

Lumpy 11-06-2012 01:57 PM

And now... that damn song is in my head!!!

SIGH!

You guys suck ass! LMAO

Frosty 11-06-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9090958)
That song is disgusting. But not all country is bad. Just most of the new stuff :D

I know not all Country music is bad; there is a lot I love. I just never listen to country radio so I thought it was hilariously bad. Everything else that played while we were there was just nondescript and unmemorable.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9091035)
And now... that damn song is in my head!!!

SIGH!

You guys suck ass! LMAO

Girl you make my speakers go boom boom
dancin on the tailgate in the full moon
that kind of thing makes a man go mmmm mmmm
(mmm mmm mmm mmmmm)
You're lookin so good in what's left of those blue jeans
drip 'o honey on the money maker gotta be
the best buzz I'm ever gonna find
Hey I'm a little drunk on you and high on summer time....

There.... NOW it's in your head!

LMAO

:evil:

Lumpy 11-06-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9091288)

There.... NOW it's in your head!

LMAO

:evil:

http://fireden.net/wp-content/upload...d-facepalm.gif

WHY?!! GAH!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9091315)

Because I'm an asshole... to borrow a line from Dennis Leary.

Lumpy 11-06-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9091319)
Because I'm an asshole... to borrow a line from Dennis Leary.

I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces.

:D

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-06-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9091326)
I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces.

:D

That's probably my favorite line.

LMAO

Buehler445 11-06-2012 10:17 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7sldm2I6zi4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>