ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Stop Eating Sugar (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257995)

Omaha 02-04-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10413561)
Good luck.

Everything you buy at the store either contains sugar (causes heart disease), corn syrup (causes heart disease and diabetes), or some artificial sweetener (causes cancer, thyroid disease, liver disease, and has many yet-to-be-discovered side effects).

The only way to completely be healthy is to eat nothing from a store or restaurant.

Good luck with that.

I don't know if I should :doh!: or LMAO

htismaqe 02-04-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10413848)
I don't know if I should :doh!: or LMAO

I should have said "regular".

Of course, there are stores and restaurants that cater to health and health food.

Don't have many (or any really) around here though.

Omaha 02-04-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10413855)
I should have said "regular".

Of course, there are stores and restaurants that cater to health and health food.

Don't have many (or any really) around here though.

Are you shopping at gas stations? You don't have to be at a specialty store to find healthy food.

Buck 02-04-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10413561)
Good luck.

Everything you buy at the store either contains sugar (causes heart disease), corn syrup (causes heart disease and diabetes), or some artificial sweetener (causes cancer, thyroid disease, liver disease, and has many yet-to-be-discovered side effects).

The only way to completely be healthy is to eat nothing from a store or restaurant.

Good luck with that.

If I wasn't broke I would only buy from the good stores, but as it is, I buy the cheap shit, and I try to get the stuff with the least amount of sugar in it as possible and I don't really eat sweets at all.

htismaqe 02-04-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10413975)
Are you shopping at gas stations? You don't have to be at a specialty store to find healthy food.

The best we got is Hy Vee Health Market. They have a limited selection and some of it is pretty ****ing expensive.

Outside of the Health Market, 90% of the store is pre-packaged shit with 35 ingredients a chemist created. The produce comes from South America and the meat is loaded with hormones and artificial preservatives and colors.

htismaqe 02-04-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10413996)
If I wasn't broke I would only buy from the good stores, but as it is, I buy the cheap shit, and I try to get the stuff with the least amount of sugar in it as possible and I don't really eat sweets at all.

Yeah, that's what we do too. Fruits, veggies, that kind of stuff.

BlackHelicopters 02-04-2014 04:49 PM

My diet is horrid. I eat potato chips for breakfast.

Omaha 02-04-2014 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10414075)
The best we got is Hy Vee Health Market. They have a limited selection and some of it is pretty ****ing expensive.

Outside of the Health Market, 90% of the store is pre-packaged shit with 35 ingredients a chemist created. The produce comes from South America and the meat is loaded with hormones and artificial preservatives and colors.

You don't need the health market. Hy Vee has organic fruits & veggies and meat that is free of hormones. That's where we get a lot of our stuff.

Just Passin' By 02-04-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 10414085)
My diet is horrid. I eat potato chips for breakfast.

More people than ever are living long and healthy lives eating bad food. It's almost as if the dangers are ridiculously overhyped.

Oh, wait...

chiefzilla1501 02-04-2014 07:38 PM

I started to cut down on all wheat products. Whenever possible, I buy gluten free. When I can avoid it, I do.

It's helped me tremendously. I went from always feeling acid backup in my throat to feeling really good.

Cannibal 02-04-2014 08:58 PM

I'm not on Atkins, but I've been cutting carbs for about the last year and a half. Very little sugar, no desserts. I do eat some bread, but when I do its wheat only and limit the portons. NO pasta or rice.

Friday night beer night is not real conducive to cutting sugar, but damn it tough to quit beer all together! I look foward to unwinding with a few brewskis on Friday.

I've lost 50 lbs since last April through reduced portions, carb control and exercise. I use Fibit to track miles walked and stairs climbed.

chiefzilla1501 02-04-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 10414723)
I'm not on Atkins, but I've been cutting carbs for about the last year and a half. Very little sugar, no desserts. I do eat some bread, but when I do its wheat only and limit the portons. NO pasta or rice.

Friday night beer night is not real conducive to cutting sugar, but damn it tough to quit beer all together! I look foward to unwinding with a few brewskis on Friday.

I've lost 50 lbs since last April through reduced portions, carb control and exercise. I use Fibit to track miles walked and stairs climbed.

Haha. I guess I'm not that committed to this.

I still drink way too much. My friend is moving to cider or scotch after having some health problems. But even just cutting down on gluten outside of beer has helped immensely.

BWillie 02-04-2014 09:06 PM

Hey need Cliffs. I drink 2 cans of sugar free energy drinks a day.

Am I gonna shrivel up and die? Whats the consensus? Thanks

Donr judge me

Cannibal 02-04-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10414728)
Haha. I guess I'm not that committed to this.

I still drink way too much. My friend is moving to cider or scotch after having some health problems. But even just cutting down on gluten outside of beer has helped immensely.

Yeah the drinking really throws a kink in a healthy lifestyle.

I used to drink Fridays and Saturdays, but I've cut back to Fridays only for the last couple of months. I make sure I use the treadmill for an hour before I start imbibing as well.

I doubt I'd ever switch from beer to hard liquor though.

BWillie 02-04-2014 09:14 PM

People say gluten makes you feel shitty. Not me.