ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Kentucky Fried Chicken (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271621)

kjwood75nro 06-20-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14315961)
A room full of brain stormers threw ideas at each other for months and this is the best they can come up with?

Fire every last mother ****er that’s behind this idea.

This made me think of Jim Gaffigan's "Hey, I gotta idea" guy.

Dayze 06-20-2019 06:01 PM

They’re regular old extra crispy leg and thigh combo is good. I don’t care for any of their sides at all.

Not sure what combos they have now, when my wife would go as a last minute in the way home from work type scenario, I’d just have her get me a leg and a thigh. Or a three piece combo and she could have the sides.

Their sides suck.

There’s a Popeyes near us that is usually decent . But, not all hip on their sides either if I’m honest.

Bob Dole 06-20-2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14316174)
They’re regular old extra crispy leg and thigh combo is good. I don’t care for any of their sides at all.

Not sure what combos they have now, when my wife would go as a last minute in the way home from work type scenario, I’d just have her get me a leg and a thigh. Or a three piece combo and she could have the sides.

Their sides suck.

There’s a Popeyes near us that is usually decent . But, not all hip on their sides either if I’m honest.

I'll slide through Popeye's and get only a large red beans and rice about once a month.

Frazod 06-20-2019 06:55 PM

Can't remember the last time I ate at KFC. Popeye's absolutely destroys it in every way.

Dayze 06-20-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 14316228)
I'll slide through Popeye's and get only a large red beans and rice about once a month.

I’ve only tried them once., maybe it was a bad day for them but they weren’t all that good. But I love me some red beans and rice so I should give it a try again.

mlyonsd 06-20-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14316245)
I’ve only tried them once., maybe it was a bad day for them but they weren’t all that good. But I love me some red beans and rice so I should give it a try again.

If you're using NO red beans and rice as a measuring stick no you shouldn't try them again.

Easy 6 06-20-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14316237)
Can't remember the last time I ate at KFC. Popeye's absolutely destroys it in every way.

The chicken, shrimp, dirty rice and other unique sides puts them over the top... most underrated chain in the business by far

Hate that I gotta drive 30 miles to get it, they should be all over the place in every little town like mine... for fast food, they’re right there with chick-fil-a IMO

Fish 06-20-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14316174)

Their sides suck.

Really? I've thought Popeyes had some of the better sides compared to KFC/Church's. Their cajun mashed potatoes are really good as well as the red beans and rice, and biscuits. Their cajun fries are decent too. The one I go to is probably the slowest ****ing fast food ever though.

Easy 6 06-20-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14316268)
The one I go to is probably the slowest ****ing fast food ever though.

But they don’t rush out a shitty product either, that’s why we like it

notorious 06-20-2019 08:17 PM

Popeyes Cajun Rice and Mash Potatoes are fantastic.

It's probably my go-to fast food place. I haven't eaten at KFC in a while. Their potato bowls are decent, but I was pissed when the discontinued the Double Down.

mcknzAlex 06-20-2019 08:52 PM

There are a lot of other options like Popeyes and Jollibee.

Lurker 06-20-2019 11:46 PM

Maybe repost... don't know.

KFC on Quivira just south of 95th has all-you-can-eat buffet from 11am-8pm for $8 (pre-tax). Includes drink. Original and Crispy are on the buffet. You can ask for the Grilled Chicken and they will get you some from the warmer. All sides are also available. I don't think you can get nuggets/tenders/sandwiches or anything like that. Sadly, the Lemon Cakes and Chocolate Cakes are not included.

Not a bad deal considering you can have as much chicken as you want. But it's only this location as far as I know.

jdubya 06-20-2019 11:53 PM

You all know it`s not about the food right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...Ato?li=BBnb7Kz

KentuckyChief 06-21-2019 02:57 AM

Surprisingly, when my family of four goes to KFC, we spend just over $20. That’s cheaper for us than McD’s, Chick-fil-A, etc. It’s not till we go to Five Guys that I notice a huge upswing in price. One of my boys won’t eat there, so for 3 of us, that place usually runs over $30.

threebag 06-21-2019 03:10 AM

KFC Original is pretty damn tasty when driving thru a place

Cole Slaw is always decent.

**** the Butter Sauce and Honeyish Packets. I add real butter and honey to their biscuits. Pretty ****ing good with the chicken