ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Move Chris Jones to DE and Trade Next Year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326817)

petegz28 11-18-2019 11:12 PM

Move Chris Jones to DE and Trade Next Year

Jones needs to be at DE. He is not a 3 down back inside. He is an amazing pass rusher, even though he was quiet tonight, he is a great pass rusher. But that's about all he seems to be able to do. He gets blown off the ball and\or ****s up his run assignments.

Either way, I can't see paying him next season when we need LB's badly. Tag and trade him. Unless he just becomes Donald at DE and then even still.

Wallcrawler 11-18-2019 11:32 PM

I said in another thread I'd trade Jones for a stud mlb in a heartbeat.

Theres simply not 20 mil per year production there. We already gave that money to Clark, and well, he was a massive force on the defense tonight. I guess the talk about him being dinged held water because they said he felt better than he had all season.

Forced 2 turnovers on what should have been a strip sack and pressured the final throw that was picked. Had another strip sack that the chargers recovered.

Jones is a double edged sword. Cant pay that much for that.

kcclone 11-18-2019 11:33 PM

Whatever we have to do to get Pennel on the field more...

Once again he totally destroyed their run game when he was in and even had a sack.

petegz28 11-18-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14607628)
Whatever we have to do to get Pennel on the field more...

Once again he totally destroyed their run game when he was in and even had a sack.

Pennel\Nadi seems to be a winning combo. The fact they benched Pennel last weeks is mind bottling. Hopefully they see the light the rest of the season. Dude doesn't have to be a pass rushing stud. Just stuff the middle.

ThyKingdomCome15 11-18-2019 11:37 PM

I'd take what we gave for Clark for Jones.

Wallcrawler 11-18-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14607638)
Pennel\Nadi seems to be a winning combo. The fact they benched Pennel last weeks is mind bottling. Hopefully they see the light the rest of the season. Dude doesn't have to be a pass rushing stud. Just stuff the middle.

This. Especially with spags hinting that pennell was a liability in pass rush as the reason he didnt dress. Dude had a sack on Rivers tonight.

MahiMike 11-18-2019 11:40 PM

Jones + Watkins = 2 2nd round picks.

Wallcrawler 11-18-2019 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14607661)
Jones + Watkins = 2 2nd round picks.

And massive bullet dodge on salaries.

Chief Northman 11-18-2019 11:51 PM

Jones is damn good. I don’t move him unless you get a 1st and a 3rd or 4th in return.

synthesis2 11-18-2019 11:54 PM

I think in a Tag and Trade we would get a first and third for jones.

Think about it, what would a team give up to get one of the top 3 best DT for sacks and a top 10 DE who is young and a great locker room guy?

Good luck finding one in the draft, you may have to draft top 10 to get one like him. I think we will get a first and third but for sure a first.

He is worth way more than a second.

JakeF 11-19-2019 02:43 AM

Chris Jones needs to spend the rest of this year learning how to play DE. If he can learn how to "lean" rush to go along with his bull rush then I think we consider keeping him. If he's still basically a DT playing DE at the end of the year, trade him.

He has so much to learn, i hope he's trying.

Mahomesmyman 11-19-2019 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synthesis2 (Post 14607712)
I think in a Tag and Trade we would get a first and third for jones.

Think about it, what would a team give up to get one of the top 3 best DT for sacks and a top 10 DE who is young and a great locker room guy?

Good luck finding one in the draft, you may have to draft top 10 to get one like him. I think we will get a first and third but for sure a first.

He is worth way more than a second.

Umm no.

Other teams also know his weaknesses.

Maybe we would get a third, if we are lucky.

TwistedChief 11-19-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomesmyman (Post 14607941)
Umm no.

Other teams also know his weaknesses.

Maybe we would get a third, if we are lucky.

So you think Dee Ford is more highly valued than Chris Jones?

Mahomesmyman 11-19-2019 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14607948)
So you think Dee Ford is more highly valued than Chris Jones?

They are pretty similarly valued, pretty similar players, but I think teams understood last off-season that you don't want give 1st+ and 20 mil per year for borderline pro bowlers.

Would love to find a team that is so desperate that they give 1st for Jones but just don't see it.

Megatron96 11-19-2019 04:00 AM

Oh for God's sake . . .