ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Rate Brodie's first NFL start (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174867)

Wile_E_Coyote 11-19-2007 11:36 AM

Rate Brodie's first NFL start

On a scale of 1-10

Chris Meck 11-19-2007 11:37 AM

Seriously? I'd give him an 8. No picks, a beautiful TD pass, good % in a run-heavy offense.

Mr. Kotter 11-19-2007 11:38 AM

(FWIW, I consider what Brady is doing in NE to be a 9.5)

chasedude 11-19-2007 11:38 AM

I give him a 7. He put on a good show but should have said screw Solari and called some audibles. The coaches aren't on the field the players are, let them do what they do best.

DaKCMan AP 11-19-2007 11:39 AM

8, wasn't given the opportunity to earn anything higher. He didn't make any bad throws (ie. near-miss INTs). Made good decisions, stayed calm, avoided some sacks when the pocket collapsed.

luv 11-19-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude
I give him a 7. He put on a good show but should have said screw Solari and called some audibles. The coaches aren't on the field the players are, let them do what they do best.

You would say screw the coaches on your first NFL start? I'd think you'd wait until you've proven your ability. Of course, then they might open you up more once you've done so.

kc1977 11-19-2007 11:42 AM

No objective way to rate the performance - he wasn't given the opportunity to perform.

Coogs 11-19-2007 11:42 AM

I'd give him a 9. Really only had one bad throw. The over throw on the deep out. Given the situation of where he started his first game... at Indy comming off of two straight losses... Croyld played very well.

Wile_E_Coyote 11-19-2007 11:42 AM

The shot of him setting on the bench with offensive guys huddled around him was impressive to me. Leadership is not overrated

FAX 11-19-2007 11:47 AM

I wish I'd seen the game so I could vote.

Nevertheless, I'll say "8" based solely on his stat line. If you rely on the play-by-play, I think you could say that we might well have won the game if they had let him fling a couple more in or near the endzone while we were hovering around the Indy 30 or so. Pick up another touchdown, PI call, or something.

FAX

chasedude 11-19-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
You would say screw the coaches on your first NFL start? I'd think you'd wait until you've proven your ability. Of course, then they might open you up more once you've done so.

No better way to start than now! :)

KCJohnny 11-19-2007 11:50 AM

I gave him 8.
He had great poise on the road against the defending NFL champs. He outplayed Manning. The next 6 games will be a cakewalk compared to yesterday.

FAX 11-19-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

The way things are right now, he would probably garner the eternal respect of his teammates, Ms. luv.

Taking 3 timeouts into the locker room at halftime is basically demonstrating an extreme lack of confidence in your players.

FAX

Direckshun 11-19-2007 11:52 AM

I'm giving him an Incomplete.

If Set Up To Fail By The Coaching Staff was an option, I'd select that one, too.

FAX 11-19-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
I'm giving him an Incomplete.

If Set Up To Fail By The Coaching Staff was an option, I'd select that one, too.

I'm glad you're on board today, Mr. Direckshun. You've been very realistic about the Brodie experiment. What was your impression of his play given the above?

FAX