ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So I wore my Mahomes jersey out for the first time today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320296)

siberian khatru 01-12-2019 11:33 AM

So I wore my Mahomes jersey out for the first time today

I live in Bradenton, FL, and wife surprised me with a Mahomes jersey for Christmas. Wore it outside home for first time today grocery shopping at Walmart (don’t judge, I hate it too) and Publix.

Had several people say “Go Chiefs!” and only one was a fellow Chiefs fan. One guy with a big Redskins tattoo on his arm said, “You’ve got a great quarterback. I love watching him play.”

I about got choked up. I never thought I’d hear that.

All I could do was smile and say, “Me too. We’ve been waiting a long time for a guy like that.”

Iconic 01-12-2019 11:34 AM

Mahomes is going to make us as big as the Cowboys by the end of his tenure

carcosa 01-12-2019 11:37 AM

This is very sweet

Coochie liquor 01-12-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 14026725)
I live in Bradenton, FL, and wife surprised me with a Mahomes jersey for Christmas. Wore it outside home for first time today grocery shopping at Walmart (don’t judge, I hate it too) and Publix.

Had several people say “Go Chiefs!” and only one was a fellow Chiefs fan. One guy with a big Redskins tattoo on his arm said, “You’ve got a great quarterback. I love watching him play.”

All I could do was smile and say, “Me too. We’ve been waiting a long time for a guy like that.”

You live in Bradenton?? You going to the watch party in St Pete?

siberian khatru 01-12-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14026738)
You live in Bradenton?? You going to the watch party in St Pete?

Thought about it but will pass. It sounds fun, but I do better watching these things in solitude.

htismaqe 01-12-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 14026725)

Dude, Redskins fan. He was talking about Alex Smith. LOL

wheeler08 01-12-2019 11:53 AM

Lucky you, I was in Englewood area after Christmas and it was so nice and warm. Then I had to come back home in freezing northern Indiana. But I loved it down there.

I have a lot of Colts friends that have been giving me hell all week. But all year they have said what an amazing qb Mahomes is. We just have a shit defense. I call them closet Mahomos

MAG 01-12-2019 11:56 AM

I shoveled snow in my Mahomes jersey and got some shoutouts.

siberian khatru 01-12-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14026751)
Dude, Redskins fan. He was talking about Alex Smith. LOL

This is what he said after I said that: “I know what you mean.”

Coochie liquor 01-12-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 14026744)
Thought about it but will pass. It sounds fun, but I do better watching these things in solitude.

Me too, but we’re breaking all conventional ways of the past. Today I celebrate with other members of the Kingdom!!