ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

Saulbadguy 09-12-2011 07:57 AM

New Conference re-alignment thread

The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.

Reerun_KC 09-12-2011 07:58 AM

In.

BigRichard 09-12-2011 08:03 AM

Out

|Zach| 09-12-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7901062)
The old one has AIDS.

LMAO

HemiEd 09-12-2011 08:15 AM

Glad you started a new thread Saul, this is getting really interesting.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7901082)
LMAO

I had nothing against the old thread, except that it double posted 1 out of every 3 times.

ArrowheadHawk 09-12-2011 08:55 AM

Awesome.

patteeu 09-12-2011 09:50 AM

Repost :Poke:

eazyb81 09-12-2011 09:54 AM

Update from Greg Swaim.

http://www.gregswaim.com/2011/09/con...owed-not-dead/

Last week’s threat of litigation by Baylor put some sand in the gears of conference realignment, but I’m told by several sources that the actual football season has put the pause button on more than anything else.

According to one terrific source in Los Angeles, “This thing is going to happen, but the timing is the only real issue at this point.”
Just about every media member I spoke to on the west coast is still hearing that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will be going to the Pac 12, and that the two are negotiating a regional TV deal with FoxSports before everything goes through.

Many of those same sources feel like there will be two other current Big 12 teams joining the Bedlam duo, and all of those are certain that there will be at least one team from the state of Texas joining them, but the Longhorns are not necessarily the ones. Talks between UT and a third-party with the Pac 12 cannot seem to come to any common ground concerning the Longhorn Network, and one of our Arizona sources told us Thursday evening that he feels certain that UT “is going to have a very difficult time getting into any conference other than the ACC, unless they are willing to make some major sacrifices they aren’t currently willing to do.”

Texas Tech is certainly willing to go, but who would be the fourth to create the first so called “Super Conference” with the Pac 16?
That’s certainly up for debate among the west coast sources we’ve spoken to, but a straw poll seems to favor Missouri if the Longhorns don’t go west. Kansas seems to be a distant second, but most agreed that their lack of football presence would hurt the Jayhawks.

There is no doubt that talks are ongoing, and we’re told by three media sources in California to expect some big news no later than September 22nd, so we’ll continue to follow this story…and will bring in guests on this subject on the Greg Swaim Radio Show.

BroncosBuff 09-12-2011 10:01 AM

It seems Kansas City asked Pac 12 commish if they can join the conference and he dismissed them out of his office, saying it is only for real football teams which has some sort of winning history.

Dayze 09-12-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncosBuff (Post 7901357)
It seems Kansas City asked Pac 12 commish if they can join the conference and he dismissed them out of his office, saying it is only for real football teams which has some sort of winning history.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

BmoreBills 09-12-2011 10:52 AM

Kansas, Iowa State and Missouri should come to the Big Ten. We really need more of a midwest representation to combat the Pac 12/14/16 menace :P

http://www.big12hoops.com/2011/8/11/...west-longhorns

vailpass 09-12-2011 10:53 AM

CU is the guy who finally moved from an apartment to a new house in a nice neighborhood only to find out there is a proposal to tear down the wooded lot that borders his property to put up apartment buildings.

Crush 09-12-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7901504)
CU is the guy who finally moved from an apartment to a new house in a nice neighborhood only to find out there is a proposal to tear down the wooded lot that borders his property to put up apartment buildings.

LMAO So true.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-12-2011 11:14 AM

ugh

alnorth 09-12-2011 12:36 PM

Kirk Bohls from the Austin American-Statesman is basically confirming this in a short and to the point blog entry. Not looking good for the Big 12 to survive.

Texas, OU meet

Quote:

About a dozen administrators from Texas and Oklahoma, including the presidents of both schools and some regents, met in Norman, Okla., on Sunday to discuss potential realignment and get a better understanding of the possible destinations for both schools.

Texas made it clear it wants to preserve the Big 12, but sources say OU made it just as clear it plans to pursue membership in the Pac-12 Conference along with fellow league member Oklahoma State.

The Longhorns’ plans remain unclear, but it appears they will have to choose between becoming an independent to keep their Longhorn Network or joining the Pac-12 or possibly the ACC as a last option.

OU and OSU do not have invites to the Pac-12.

Texas president William Powers flew with athletic director DeLoss Dodds and women’s athletic director Chris Plonsky for the meeting but were unavailable for comment.

vailpass 09-12-2011 12:38 PM

Nice that UTerus lets the women's AD tag along though I'm guessing he isn't allowed to speak unless spoken to. Do any other schools have separate boys and girls ADs?

alnorth 09-12-2011 01:29 PM

On the scale of reliability for rumors, I'd rank this at dead last, but this thread is fair game for any half-assed hare-brained rumor, so what the hell I'll throw it in. Look at this as nothing more than an amusing diversion unless someone serious is jumping on this.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=7914295

Citing nothing but "chatter", someone from Sooners Illustrated is basically saying that 1) UT thinks the Oklahoma schools are gone, so 2) they are trying to convince everyone else to go to the Big East, while 3) UT goes independent and joins the Big East only in non-FB sports. Also said 4) UT is trying to bribe KU to go along with the plan with a $4MM check from the LHN to televise the KU-UT game.

mcan 09-12-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmoreBills (Post 7901499)
Kansas, Iowa State and Missouri should come to the Big Ten. We really need more of a midwest representation to combat the Pac 12/14/16 menace :P

Throw kstate in and this move makes sense from a region and rivalry perspective.

LiveSteam 09-12-2011 04:32 PM

Some type of meeting reported happening tonight at Missouri to discus a move to the SEC
No link. Just herd it on ESPN 1620 radio

Backwards Masking 09-12-2011 04:35 PM

College Football : we can't have a playoff or get rid of the bowl system because it's tradition and we have too much pride to break tradition, traditional comes first.

But we'll rearrange the conferences as often as possible if it helps the bottom line cause we're not making enough money.

eazyb81 09-12-2011 04:36 PM

Interesting rumor from the OU premium board. Supposedly the guy is credible and this is picking up steam around the interwebz. Take it for what it's worth.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=187&f=2639&t=7915231

Quote:

GEA89
[Scout Subscriber]
Admin/Moderator
Rating: 4.1/5 this site
29803 posts this site

Posted: Today 3:56 PM
Monday 9/12 Afternoon Update
If you think OU and Texas are in bed together in this thing you could not be more wrong. Hop alluded in the Premium board something I heard over the weekend from a prominent Sooner booster that OU has had their fill with the sips and are on the verge of heading West. What caused it? Well my source told me it was a trust issue but Hop took it a step further, he stated that the whole deal with Texas partnering with Notre Dame to put together a proposal to go to the Big 10 seemed to be the rub here. OU had meetings with the people in Austin talking of saving the Big XII and committing to that very thing. But when they found out the leaked info that Texas had been in talks with Big 10 people what trust that was there is now on life support.

As you all have seen, we have used a term "fluid" here a lot. The reasons that something like conference realignment being "fluid" are because of situations changing like cited above and the fact that lawyers are involved and so predicting things like timing are very difficult. This situation is very fluid regarding OU, could they repair their trust issues with the Horns? Very unlikely at this point. Could they announce a move to the Pac 12 very soon? Probable if you ask me but they do have some concerns regarding scheduling, travel, etc. and thus the reason I use the fluid term. In talking to my OU source who is very strong and very reliable he told me the following about a half hour ago "we are almost out the door, just looking for our keys." I asked if he would put a probability percentage on it and he told me 98%.

So let's suspend the thought that it might not happen, the situation gets fluid, and my friends 2% comes in to play. Let's say they are ready to pull the trigger and move right now, the next question being the pink elephant in the room of when? Will OU/Pac 12 jump out and cite there is enough conference instability that Baylor we dare you to pull your pathetic desperation attempts and sue the Pac 12? Will they wait for A&M to get an unconditional acceptance into the SEC? We are hearing A&M lawyers are presenting to every SEC school's legal team and Presidents and have been since Friday their case in hopes of alleviating any concern regarding Baylor's weak case. Or will it take A&M declaring independence, re-writing the letter they wrote to the Big XII that said we are gone if we get an invite to the SEC?

Only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, there sure is a ton of activity going on right now and this very well could end soon if OU is indeed one foot out the door.

Garcia Bronco 09-12-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7902938)
College Football : we can't have a playoff or get rid of the bowl system because it's tradition and we have too much pride to break tradition, traditional comes first.

But we'll rearrange the conferences as often as possible if it helps the bottom line cause we're not making enough money.

The money funds the school and education. It's not a completely bad thing.

Backwards Masking 09-12-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 7902958)
The money funds the school and education. It's not a completely bad thing.

Hyprocrisy is always a bad thing. Justifying it and teaching it future generations is even worse.

alnorth 09-12-2011 07:24 PM

quote today from PAC 12 commissioner. (ie, forget about all that gas about how they don't want to expand)

Quote:

If schools are going to leave the Big 12 and there's going to be a paradigm shift, or a landscape change as people like to describe it, we'll go ahead and step back and look at our options, then reconsider (expansion).

Garcia Bronco 09-12-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7902969)
Hyprocrisy is always a bad thing. Justifying it and teaching it future generations is even worse.

It's not hypocrisy in reality. It kills me the way people think that the colleges owe them a playoff system like in profootball.

RustShack 09-12-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7903443)
quote today from PAC 12 commissioner. (ie, forget about all that gas about how they don't want to expand)

So the Big12 isn't going anywhere unless Oklahoma leaves. But Oklahoma would be going to the Pac. But the Pac isn't going to look at adding anymore schools unless the Big12 falls apart first.

alnorth 09-12-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7903472)
So the Big12 isn't going anywhere unless Oklahoma leaves. But Oklahoma would be going to the Pac. But the Pac isn't going to look at adding anymore schools unless the Big12 falls apart first.

You are forgetting about Texas A&M. The quote was in response to Texas A&M going to the SEC, and his response was basically, "well hell I guess it would be game on, then!" The PAC 12 commissioner is publicly interpreting "big 12 falling apart" as "Texas A&M left"

RustShack 09-12-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 7903482)
You are forgetting about Texas A&M. The quote was in response to Texas A&M going to the SEC, and his response was basically, "well hell I guess it would be game on, then!" The PAC 12 commissioner is publicly interpreting "big 12 falling apart" as "Texas A&M left"

I'm not forgetting aTm. We already know they are gone. Its up to Oklahoma now. If they stay we add BYU and we are in better shape than we were with aTm.

RustShack 09-12-2011 08:07 PM

Also I'm starting to think that if conference armageddon does happen, ISU is B1G bound.

Saul Good 09-12-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7903584)
Also I'm starting to think that if conference armageddon does happen, ISU is B1G bound.

Iowa State is a great fit as long as the B!G isn't concerned with having a school that is good at football, good at basketball, good at academics, or expanding the conference's footprint.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7903584)

No.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2011 09:03 PM

Although Texas might join the Big 10.

tk13 09-12-2011 09:04 PM

Don't worry, Notre Dame is going to swoop in and save the Big 12!

Saul Good 09-12-2011 09:06 PM

There is as good of a chance that Texas goes to the Patriot League as there is of Iowa State going to the B!G.

Backwards Masking 09-12-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 7903456)
It's not hypocrisy in reality. It kills me the way people think that the colleges owe them a playoff system like in profootball.

they don't just owe it to me, they owe it all their fellow Americans, those American's children, their children, and their children's children.

And if it's not hypocrisy, they'd come out and say "we're in it for the money only" instead of going into the Tradition defense before debating which 100 plus year rivalry to break up next.

Saul Good 09-12-2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7903920)
they don't just owe it to me, they owe it all their fellow Americans, those American's children, their children, and their children's children.

And if it's not hypocrisy, they'd come out and say "we're in it for the money only" instead of going into the Tradition defense before debating which 100 plus year rivalry to break up next.

Show me where the NCAA has said that tradition was the reason to keep the BCS.

kysirsoze 09-12-2011 09:13 PM

This stuff is even less interesting to me than the CBA talks were. Wake me when it's over.

(Don't worry, that's the extent to which I'll shit in this thread.)

Backwards Masking 09-12-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7903930)

i never claimed they said it was their main reason, but it has been used as one reason several times. they dont exactly openly admit they're denying fans of a fairly decided championship based on pure greed either.

alnorth 09-12-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7903930)

The NCAA has nothing to do with the BCS. If it was up to the NCAA, I imagine they would love to control the CFB postseason with an NCAA football tournament, with a huge multi-year contract with CBS or whoever, etc.

However, the NCAA does not have any control over the postseason except for enforcement actions for rules violations. The major conferences have seized control of the football postseason, and they keep all the money. Unlike the NCAA basketball tournament, which is used to fund every other damned sport, which makes basketball programs less important to conferences than football programs because the NCAA is too much of a gutless coward than to try to get control of football revenue.

alnorth 09-12-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 7903976)
i never claimed they said it was their main reason, but it has been used as one reason several times. they dont exactly openly admit they're denying fans of a fairly decided championship based on pure greed either.

If you are mad at the NCAA, your anger is wildly misplaced. They have allowed themselves to become helpless bystanders with no access to college football money. Get mad at the BCS conferences.

HolyHandgernade 09-12-2011 10:07 PM

Exactly, the BCS actually does not want these super conferences as it will dilute the Bowl System. They, and the TV execs would much rather see the status quo. Its the conferences and their networks that are driving this.

007 09-12-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BmoreBills (Post 7901499)

If we are going to 4 super conferences then the Big 10 is the best place for them.

DenverChief 09-12-2011 11:42 PM

this shit is getting old - shit or get off the fucking pot - So damn tired of all this

RustShack 09-13-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7903693)
Iowa State is a great fit as long as the B!G isn't concerned with having a school that is good at football, good at basketball, good at academics, or expanding the conference's footprint.

Are you talking about currently or history? Because Iowa State has a good football team this year, will have a good basketball team this year, are good in academics, and Iowa wont be the first team in the B1G to have two schools.

Iowa State is actually a perfect fit in every way except for the TV market, but Iowa wouldn't be the first school to have two teams in the same conference. Plus if Texas and ND do go to the B1G its not like they are going to be losing money in this situation.

Quote:

Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads fresh off his latest conquest, got the worthiness query. Somehow, a program that just defeated Iowa-and one that is averaging more fans at home this season than eight schools in the Pac-12, seven in the ACC, five in the Big Ten, plus Oklahoma State and Texas Tech-doesn't cut muster in the major-college football world.
"We have so much to offer," Rhoads said. "Our first two games, the atmosphere and the environment in Jack Trice Stadium have just been electric. But that's just the football program. The rest of our athletic department, not to mention what we are as a top academic university...."
These are home attendances:

ISU: 56,085
Oklahoma State: 54,654
Texas Tech: 51,792
KSU: 50,292
KU: 48,084
Baylor: 43,753

Iowa State is a lot more respected than you "other fans" want to believe. Bowl representatives love ISU. Iowa State travels well. It adds pretty big conference games for Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Potentially for schools like Illinois and Wisconsin also. Its another game close in the midwest for opposing schools to travel too and vise versa.

RustShack 09-13-2011 01:03 AM

Clearly not the sexy or first pick, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they are added as a filler assuming they want to get to sixteen instead of fourteen if they choose to go past 12.

chiefsfan987 09-13-2011 02:14 AM

The posters on shaggybevo are saying that Texas is meeting with all the athletic department coaches to discuss realignment today.

Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling they're telling them they're going to the Pac with OU/OSU/ and Tech.

007 09-13-2011 02:26 AM

Yeah, Texas is giving up their network that easily? I don't think so.

SPchief 09-13-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7904719)

PLEASE pick Me

I promise I'll wont dodge the ball when you throw at me

PLEASE pick me

FYP

Smed1065 09-13-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 7904748)
FYP

I disagree but instead of a man, Ill BS around.

Smed1065 09-13-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 7904748)
FYP

SPf-LOL

Suck preferred but ****, Picked right 10 years ago.

SPF.

PS. Pick me so I can kick your azz while Clayton films.

Oh you and him was scared. NM. I payed for the tailgate but... talked shit.

Never showed, now its sober fight. You should have got bigger balls on the net before I sobered. LOL

Saulbadguy 09-13-2011 05:11 AM

what

alnorth 09-13-2011 05:34 AM

Quote:

Iowa State is actually a perfect fit in every way except for the TV market, but Iowa wouldn't be the first school to have two teams in the same conference.

The problem is that a lot of these 2-school states (WA, OR, AZ in PAC 12; MI, IN in B1G) are in their conference because they always have been since ancient history. If everyone had to re-apply for their position, they wouldn't all make it back in.

Smed1065 09-13-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7902940)
Interesting rumor from the OU premium board. Supposedly the guy is credible and this is picking up steam around the interwebz. Take it for what it's worth.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=187&f=2639&t=7915231

LOL Premium board by nikky.

WTF.

I would not not trust that skinny **** with Clay.

Smed1065 09-13-2011 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 7904783)

WTF.

Oh I did and it was BS.

Larry Johnson never had the playbook per clay and dick.

How does Nicks ass taste GoChiefs?

Warned you, told you and you was making a living is what you told me-LOL

Hows that working for you? Oh cash, **** that.

Saul Good 09-13-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7904721)
Clearly not the sexy or first pick, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they are added as a filler assuming they want to get to sixteen instead of fourteen if they choose to go past 12.

The B1G doesn't need filler.

Saulbadguy 09-13-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Are you talking about currently or history? Because Iowa State has a good football team this year, will have a good basketball team this year, are good in academics, and Iowa wont be the first team in the B1G to have two schools.

Iowa State is actually a perfect fit in every way except for the TV market, but Iowa wouldn't be the first school to have two teams in the same conference. Plus if Texas and ND do go to the B1G its not like they are going to be losing money in this situation.

These are home attendances:

ISU: 56,085
Oklahoma State: 54,654
Texas Tech: 51,792
KSU: 50,292
KU: 48,084
Baylor: 43,753

Iowa State is a lot more respected than you "other fans" want to believe. Bowl representatives love ISU. Iowa State travels well. It adds pretty big conference games for Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota. Potentially for schools like Illinois and Wisconsin also. Its another game close in the midwest for opposing schools to travel too and vise versa.

ISU had higher attendance when it hosted in state rivals Northern Iowa and Iowa in back to back games?

:hmmm:

mikeyis4dcats. 09-13-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7904830)
ISU had higher attendance when it hosted in state rivals Northern Iowa and Iowa in back to back games?

:hmmm:

someone besides KU is counting tickets "sold (or given away) as opposed to an actual turnstile count.

eazyb81 09-13-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smed1065 (Post 7904783)

WTF.

What in the **** are you babbling about?

eazyb81 09-13-2011 10:53 AM

This is great. Everyone just throw every possible scenario against the wall.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio
#ACC pressing for #Horns & #RedRaiders, while #Mizzou & #Jayhawks may join #Sooners & #OKState to #Pac12.

Reerun_KC 09-13-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7905384)
someone besides KU is counting tickets "sold (or given away) as opposed to an actual turnstile count.

Hey dont be jealous that we are starting our own decade of dominance.

:harumph:

Mr. Laz 09-13-2011 12:45 PM

per Espn

Texas/OU meeting: OU wants out, Texas trying to make financial concessions to keep OU in Big 12.

OU looking to Pac-12

vailpass 09-13-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

A

If you have to tell people how widely respected you are.......

Bowl representatives? LMAO

vailpass 09-13-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7905700)
per Espn

Texas/OU meeting: OU wants out, Texas trying to make financial concessions to keep OU in Big 12.

OU looking to Pac-12

Makes sense to me that UT would want OU to stay otherwise B12 is undesirable.

Can't picture OU abandoning long-time rivalries to travel to left coast to play in the pansy league.

HemiEd 09-13-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7905718)
Makes sense to me that UT would want OU to stay otherwise B12 is undesirable.

Can't picture OU abandoning long-time rivalries to travel to left coast to play in the pansy league.

Nebraska leaving, kind of changed the whole playing field IMO.

The OU Nebraska football rivalry was up there with about any and I think it sucks that it is over.

But, the real mistake was made, back when they let all the Texas schools in, and gave the Longhorns the keys to the conference.

I truly think this is going to be very interesting to see how it plays out.

vailpass 09-13-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7905727)
Nebraska leaving, kind of changed the whole playing field IMO.

The OU Nebraska football rivalry was up there with about any and I think it sucks that it is over.

But, the real mistake was made, back when they let all the Texas schools in, and gave the Longhorns the keys to the conference.

I truly think this is going to be very interesting to see how it plays out.

NU-OU definitely one of the classics. Would be cool if they still scheduled each other as non-con games.
Agreed, letting Bevo drive is the root of all problems here. NU said FU, aTm said good riddance, who's next?

Would rather have seen them tell UT to go screw and revert to the Big 8 teams.

HemiEd 09-13-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7905741)
NU-OU definitely one of the classics. Would be cool if they still scheduled each other as non-con games.
Agreed, letting Bevo drive is the root of all problems here. NU said FU, aTm said good riddance, who's next?

Would rather have seen them tell UT to go screw and revert to the Big 8 teams.

Exactly, but Nebraska leaving screws even that scenario up.

I guess I was unaware of the Big 8 really needed to expand at the time, I thought they had the world by the short hairs, but must have been wrong.

It looks like a mass exodus, but should be interesting.

ChiefsCountry 09-13-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7905727)

Thats all on Oklahoma. They were the ones who sided with Texas on everything when the Big 12 was formed.

Not to mention if the original Big 8 expansion plans had went down, it would have just been Texas and A&M. They would have had less power for sure.

eazyb81 09-13-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7905835)
Thats all on Oklahoma. They were the ones who sided with Texas on everything when the Big 12 was formed.

Not to mention if the original Big 8 expansion plans had went down, it would have just been Texas and A&M. They would have had less power for sure.

You can't put it all on OU, everyone else voted them in too.

The simple fact is that the midwestern schools were really damn naive, and didn't realize Texas had taken over the conference until it was too late.

ChiefsCountry 09-13-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7905884)
You can't put it all on OU, everyone else voted them in too.

The simple fact is that the midwestern schools were really damn naive, and didn't realize Texas had taken over the conference until it was too late.

Not talking about admitting them to the conference. That was a good thing IMO and the right decision. Big 8 needed Dallas and Houston tv markets, and Texas needed the Big 8 schools. I was talking about the decisons after that from moving to the headquarters, comissioner and other decisons. OU went with Texas schools and Colorado was a bitch as well. If they could have kept the Big 8 voting block intact, they would have kept the power of Texas down.

RustShack 09-13-2011 02:59 PM

DeezNutz 09-13-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7906126)

It's probably just the Honey-Wagon.

WilliamTheIrish 09-13-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7905835)

Correction: That's all on OU, NU and aTm. They sided with UT on every facet of tiered financial compensation until they realized they weren't getting what they wanted.

HemiEd 09-13-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7906073)
Not talking about admitting them to the conference. That was a good thing IMO and the right decision. Big 8 needed Dallas and Houston tv markets, and Texas needed the Big 8 schools. I was talking about the decisons after that from moving to the headquarters, comissioner and other decisons. OU went with Texas schools and Colorado was a bitch as well. If they could have kept the Big 8 voting block intact, they would have kept the power of Texas down.

That makes a lot of sense, as usual, I wasn't paying any attention at the time.

kstater 09-13-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 7906159)
Correction: That's all on OU, NU and aTm. They sided with UT on every facet of tiered financial compensation until they realized they weren't getting what they wanted.

Yup, the Nubbs never had a problem with unequal revenue until they sucked balls and lost that TV appearance based revenue.

Predarat 09-13-2011 03:27 PM

The Big12 is 605.

jAZ 09-13-2011 03:34 PM

A great post on one of the boards I frequent had the following to share. It's from a trusted poster with ties to the Pac-12 office.
  • Oklahoma has an invite to Pac-12... OSU is not an automatic invite with the Sooners. OU realizes that OSU might only be a part of certain scenarios.
  • If OU comes and Texas balks, Mizzou and Kansas come into play. OSU and Tech are fillers.
  • There is some interest on a play for Rice as a 4th addition as this has been floated to UT. The Houston market and Rice's academics are intrugiuing as a partner for Texas.
  • The Texas to the ACC stuff is nonsense and a negotiation ploy being floated out by UT. The Pac 12 is the only option being considered by the UT.
  • Longhorn Network, it is no impediment as ESPN would gladly drop it in favor of more Pac 12-16 games in the current deal. Apparently it's a financial mess all around.

• The dream scenario for Larry Scott is Texas, Oklahoma, Mizzou and Kansas. Four huge schools with 2 big football and 2 big hoops traditions. 3 AAU members and 5 big new TV markets along with 3 other good, medium sized markets.
  • Mizzou badly wants to be in the Big 10, but views themselves as more SEC compatitable with less travel there too.
  • Mizzou has talked to Scott and KU would do anything to make it happen as they want to stay West.

DeezNutz 09-13-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 7906222)
A great post on one of the boards I frequent had the following to share. It's from a trusted poster with ties to the Pac-12 office.
  • Oklahoma has an invite to Pac-12... OSU is not an automatic invite with the Sooners. OU realizes that OSU might only be a part of certain scenarios.
  • If OU comes and Texas balks, Mizzou and Kansas come into play. OSU and Tech are fillers.
  • There is some interest on a play for Rice as a 4th addition as this has been floated to UT. The Houston market and Rice's academics are intrugiuing as a partner for Texas.
  • The Texas to the ACC stuff is nonsense and a negotiation ploy being floated out by UT. The Pac 12 is the only option being considered by the UT.
  • Longhorn Network, it is no impediment as ESPN would gladly drop it in favor of more Pac 12-16 games in the current deal. Apparently it's a financial mess all around.

• The dream scenario for Larry Scott is Texas, Oklahoma, Mizzou and Kansas. Four huge schools with 2 big football and 2 big hoops traditions. 3 AAU members and 5 big new TV markets along with 3 other good, medium sized markets.
  • Mizzou badly wants to be in the Big 10, but views themselves as more SEC compatitable with less travel there too.
  • Mizzou has talked to Scott and KU would do anything to make it happen as they want to stay West.

Yeah, this is complete bullshit. Rice? LMAO. Academics aren't a factor in this equation. Not in the slightest bit.

Mr. Laz 09-13-2011 03:53 PM

Pac-16

<table class="table-grid table-size-970"><tbody><tr><th class="yellow-bg">North</th> </tr><tr class="item-toggle"> <td width="175px">California</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle odd"> <td width="175px">Stanford</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle"> <td width="175px">Washington</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle odd"> <td width="175px">Washington St.</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle"> <td width="175px">Oregon</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle odd"> <td width="175px">Oregon St.
Kansas
Missouri</td></tr><tr><th class="yellow-bg">

South
</th> </tr><tr class="item-toggle"> <td width="175px">USC</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle odd"> <td width="175px">Arizona St.</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle"> <td width="175px">Arizona</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle odd"> <td width="175px">UCLA</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle"> <td width="175px">Colorado</td> </tr><tr class="item-toggle odd"> <td width="175px">Utah
Texas
Oklahoma</td></tr></tbody></table>

Pants 09-13-2011 03:56 PM

Laz that makes no sense, lol.

I think it would be split up into East and West should it ever happen.