ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid: Chiefs have 'phenomenal approach' (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273668)

Tribal Warfare 06-08-2013 08:15 AM

Reid: Chiefs have 'phenomenal approach'

Reid: Chiefs have 'phenomenal approach'
By Bill Williamson

The importance of the quarterback in the NFL cannot be understated. It all starts there.

That is particularly true when an offensive-minded coach is starting a new program. That’s why Andy Reid is headed to the seven-week break between the offseason program and training camp in Kansas City feeling so good about his team.

I got a chance catch up with Reid in a telephone interview Friday. I asked him if he thought his program was further along at this point than he might have anticipated.

“I’d say yes and that’s because the quarterbacks can handle everything,” Reid said. “It starts with Alex [Smith]. He has the mental capacity to handle everything we’re doing and that helps everybody … I really like the approach of the entire team. They have had a phenomenal approach.”

He said the volume of work the team has gotten through so far is one of the team’s best accomplishments to date.

Reid addressed some other topics as well:

On the rookies: He said he thinks first-round pick, tackle Eric Fisher, third-round picks tight end Travis Kelce and running back Knile Davis, fourth-round pick, linebacker Nico Johnson and fifth-round pick, defensive back Sanders Commings can all make impacts as rookies.

“I think we have some guys who have a chance to play and have some production,” Reid said.

On left tackle Branden Albert, who recently returned to the team after a short contract squabble: “Branden has done a nice job. He came into camp in shape and that helped. He’s handled it well. He’s a good kid. There’s been no problem.”

On second-year defensive tackle Dontari Poe: “He’s easy to excited about. He’s a big kid. He’s a real big kid. He is very athletic. He’s very intelligent. He wants to be the best. He has a strong work ethic. I think he is going to be a heck of a player. The sky is the limit for him.”

Rasputin 06-08-2013 08:27 AM

They just better start ****ing winning.

mlyonsd 06-08-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9737536)

This.

Tis the season of rainbows and lollipops coming out of the press.

Thig Lyfe 06-08-2013 08:36 AM

Niles Crane is gonna be a BEAST yo!!!

Simply Red 06-08-2013 08:39 AM

I'll believe it when I see it against other NFL GOOD teams. When we can string some wins against some legit teams - instead of Cleveland and Oakland.

Imon Yourside 06-08-2013 08:41 AM

CHIEFS ARE GOING BOWL!

Raiderhater 06-08-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9737544)
I'll believe it when I see it against other NFL GOOD teams. When we can string some wins against some legit teams - instead of Cleveland and Oakland.

Uh, right now even wins against Cleveland and Oakland would be nice.

dilligaf 06-08-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

We haven't done so well against Oakland lately...

Rasputin 06-08-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9737546)
CHIEFS ARE GOING BOWL!

That is right
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...eamKCTat-9.jpg

bowling with KC McTatt Kingpin

-King- 06-08-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

We lost to both teams last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Imon Yourside 06-08-2013 08:57 AM

Dr. Klahn is building fighting force of extraordinary magnitude, you have our gratitude.

BoneKrusher 06-08-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9737536)

that would be Nice.

Baby Lee 06-08-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9737554)
That is right
http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...eamKCTat-9.jpg

bowling with KC McTatt Kingpin

Peter Ferrally was on Kevin Pollack Chat Show and said that triple strike at the end of Kingpin that Ernie McCracken needed, Bill Murray aced in his first three rolls on set.

Beef Supreme 06-08-2013 09:08 AM

Phenomenal approach. Dismount, not so good.

Rasputin 06-08-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9737573)
Peter Ferrally was on Kevin Pollack Chat Show and said that triple strike at the end of Kingpin that Ernie McCracken needed, Bill Murray aced in his first three rolls on set.

Cool I did not know that. Did you know that Fisty McTatt was the stunt double to play Ernie McCracken in place of Bill Murray and it was Fisty McTatt who got the triple strike at the end of Kingpin? Nah neither did I.