ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2017 NBA Playoffs Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307153)

New World Order 05-20-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12881956)
You Jordan lovers kill me. I can understand it's still a debate but if the Cavs beats GW in the finals that's means Lebron beat a legendary Spurs team and what is considered young super studs team in the finals two years in a row.

Three titles with two different teams against better competition by far than Jordan ever beat. He's Also led his playoff teams points, rebounds and assists. That has never been done by anyone and he's done it more than once.

Lebron is the best of all time.

It's not a debate.

It's hard to say Lebron is the GOAT when he hasn't even dominated his era.

Jordan also trumps him in pretty much every accomplishment/category.

dj56dt58 05-20-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12882315)
Wait until next year when they add the #1 pick to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's another thing..NBA drafts tend to suck. You would think a game played with 5 starters would have several guys come out of the draft a year that make impacts but they don't. It's not like NFL drafts where you get a good number of guy making a difference year one. If you don't have a Lebron or steph curry right now you aren't winning a championship. NFL superstars come out of the draft yearly. Not so in the NBA

-King- 05-20-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 12882232)
I don't think it is a coincidence that the best players in the NBA generally stay out of Lebron's conference if they can.

Look at some of the players that have changed teams the last 4-6 years and none have gone to the east.

Chris Paul
Demarcus Cousins
Durant
Harden
Aldridge

Cause east teams suck. They go to the best team. Also, cousins and harden were traded to their current team.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 05-20-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12882315)
Wait until next year when they add the #1 pick to the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Gordon Heyward. Isaiah Thomas might not be back though
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 05-20-2017 03:52 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Isaiah Thomas has been ruled out for the remainder of the postseason. Details here: <a href="https://t.co/Ljbw0suGQg">https://t.co/Ljbw0suGQg</a></p>&mdash; Boston Celtics (@celtics) <a href="https://twitter.com/celtics/status/866047921158017024">May 20, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 05-20-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12882349)
It's not a debate.

It's hard to say Lebron is the GOAT when he hasn't even dominated his era.

Jordan also trumps him in pretty much every accomplishment/category.

Lebron has dominated his era. That's not even worth debating. Even at 32, he has dominated the playoffs. The only guy who comes close to playoff lebron is kawhi. I would still take mj. But how can anyone even doubt that Lebron has dominated the NBA the past 5 years or so?

BigCatDaddy 05-20-2017 04:31 PM

Curry or Iverson.. who you got?

-King- 05-20-2017 04:59 PM

Isaiah Thomas out for rest of the playoffs
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order 05-20-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12882413)
Lebron has dominated his era. That's not even worth debating. Even at 32, he has dominated the playoffs. The only guy who comes close to playoff lebron is kawhi. I would still take mj. But how can anyone even doubt that Lebron has dominated the NBA the past 5 years or so?

Lebron doesn't even have an above .500 NBA Finals record and two of the teams he beat in the finals beat him either the year before or after.

That's not dominating.

Deberg_1990 05-20-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12882453)
Isaiah Thomas out for rest of the playoffs
Posted via Mobile Device

What a dumpster fire the NBA playoffs are this year

bricks 05-20-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12882480)
What a dumpster fire the NBA playoffs are this year

Every year the nba playoffs are a dumpster fire.

This year it's worse because the super teams got "richer" in the offseason and lucky because the teams they're facing have their best players hurt (not that it matters anyway), but richer and lucky make me envious of both teams.

I hate them and the NBA.

Deberg_1990 05-20-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 12882486)
Every year the nba playoffs are a dumpster fire.

This year it's worse because the super teams got "richer" in the offseason and lucky because the teams they're facing have their best players hurt (not that it matters anyway), but richer and lucky make me envious of both teams.

I hate them and the NBA.

Id just like to know what fans of teams like Charlotte and New Orleans must feel? Gotta be sort of hopeless and pointless. I mean, why pay good money to go see some random game in February for a game between teams like this?

The NBA has some amazing talent, but overall it's a bad league

KC_Connection 05-20-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12881850)
At the time I did. I was wrong. Things change in sports. The Cavs are playing much better than they were then. And no I don't buy the whole "they weren't even trying" bs you were using at the time. They were trying and they sucked. Theyve gotten better every round of the playoffs though.
Posted via Mobile Device

They weren't trying on defense. I think that's obvious to anybody who was watching the games then and now.

KC_Connection 05-20-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12881862)
KCC cracks me up.

This is the same guy that bet against Lebron and didn't even consider him a legit contender last year.

Up against a 73 win Warriors team, there was good reason to think LeBron wouldn't win that series. He was a major underdog. The fact that he did what he did is only a testament to his greatness.

New World Order 05-20-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 12882498)
Up against a 73 win Warriors team, there was good reason to think LeBron wouldn't win that series. He was a major underdog. The fact that he did what he did is only a testament to his greatness.

Oh, he's in Kobe territory, no doubt.