ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Joe Flacco admits that he's a wimp who doesn't appreciate football. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269444)

MagicHef 01-29-2013 11:33 AM

Build "Super Bowl Stadium" in Tahiti.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9361507)
I think a lot of it has to do with overall appeal of "the event" and also somewhat of a reward to the players that busted their asses to get there. It's fairly simple, you ask all of the players/fans/media where they'd prefer to spend a week in February and you will hear lots of Miami/NO/SD etc. Plus how pissed would you be as a player if your reward for getting to the SB was to play a game in Buffalo in -10 degree weather?

It's akin to guys busting their asses to get bowl eligible and then finding out they got an invite to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

bevischief 01-29-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9361274)
Probably NSFW although we used to play it every day before work, so apply to your life as needed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l58NESfWDmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This explains a few things...LMAO

BigMeatballDave 01-29-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9361492)
Sorry - the NFL is a business and is about profit, not fairness and charity. The NFL stands to make more $$ when the Super Bowl is played in desirable destinations.

For those who think the Super Bowl is about a football game, think again. To fans? Maybe. To the NFL? Hardly.

Not wearing your socks correctly is also very lucrative for the NFL. :)

Rain Man 01-29-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9361544)
Build "Super Bowl Stadium" in Tahiti.

The NFL could buy their own island, build the stadium on it, and then control all of the flights and hotels and restaurants on the island. A Super Bowl trip of a lifetime can be yours for only $40,000 per person, all inclusive.

Actually, this post started as a joke, but now I'm thinking that the NFL should seriously consider this.

Sorter 01-29-2013 12:03 PM

His brother announced he's going to try out for the NFL I believe.

Easy 6 01-29-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9361271)
Having the Super Bowl in New York, in February, absolutely IS stupid.

Yep, like he said, if a cold weather city wants the big game, get a retractable roof.

Nobody wants to spend all of that money to freeze their ass off, i get that this game is best played outside, but i think that for the championship people should be able to be comfortable.

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2013 01:42 PM

How about the team with the best record in the game host it?

MahiMike 01-29-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9361247)
I'm glad someone has the courage to say reeruned in 2013, and I'm not surprised it's a ****ing stud who chucks deep balls that win games like Joe ****ing Flacco.

Yeah! What he said!

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9362017)
How about the team with the best record in the game host it?

You're going to host a Super Bowl with all of the activities and events that go along with it on 2 weeks notice? ROFL

There's a reason Super Bowl locations are decided years in advance.

BigCatDaddy 01-29-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9362043)
You're going to host a Super Bowl with all of the activities and events that go along with it on 2 weeks notice? ROFL

There's a reason Super Bowl locations are decided years in advance.

Just trying to think of other options. IMO not having a true home crowd takes something away from the game. It's just a bunch of fat cats having tea and crumpets. I want some upperdeck rowdies. All the bells and whistles that go with the game can die in a fire.

Rain Man 01-29-2013 01:55 PM

One year they should flash mob the Super Bowl. Don't tell anyone where it's at, and then have the players show up one at a time in a local park and paint stripes on it and play. They could bring the cameras, of course, but then it's up to the population of the city to find it and show up.

That'd be awesome.

DaKCMan AP 01-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9362052)
Just trying to think of other options. IMO not having a true home crowd takes something away from the game. It's just a bunch of fat cats having tea and crumpets. I want some upperdeck rowdies. All the bells and whistles that go with the game can die in a fire.

As a fan, I agree with you. However, Roger Goodell is not a fan. Roger Goodell is a businessman whose goal is to maximize profit.

swayy07 01-29-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9361287)
But championship games in bad weather are where legends arise. Would anyone remember the 1934 championship game if it wasn't the Sneaker game? Would Bart Starr's sneak be played on NFL Network 100 times per year if it was in San Diego? Football should transcend weather. Football should be so cool that it shrugs its mesomorphic shoulders and points at a map and says, "We're playing the championship game here," whether it's in Chicago or Miami or Finland. Football should not be extending its lower lip and saying, "We only want championship games where it's warm and sunny." Cold and snowy are the womb from which Football was birthed.

http://gemakei.com/content/wp-conten...1/clap-gif.gif

DTLB58 01-29-2013 02:23 PM

I LOVE Flacco more and more everyday!

If it were up to me. Flacco would be the Chiefs next QB and every SB would be played @ the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.