ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

Urc Burry 07-05-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794081)
Howard not gonna like being option 2 all the time. Then the same shit will happen with Dwight. He wants to be the man not a side kick. Some folks have no clue I guess.

He chose to go to the rockets. It's not going to be a problem

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Howard not gonna like being option 2 all the time. Then the same shit will happen with Dwight. He wants to be the man not a side kick. Some folks have no clue I guess.

Lakers fan gonna Lakers fan. Enjoy your POS team

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:26 PM

And the Rockets are able to trade Royce White to the 76ers!!! Even better news

KevB 07-05-2013 06:28 PM

I was looking up options for Asik, and looked up the stats on Ryan Anderson. He'd be a perfect stretch 4 for Houston, and Asik is much needed in NO after they lost Lopez. I go over to Twitter, and Woj reports there may be discussions centered around those two players. Really good fit for both players, and frankly, Anderson a better fit for Houston than Josh Smith.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9794094)
Lakers fan gonna Lakers fan. Enjoy your POS team

Yeah I've enjoyed 10 finals wins and 16 finals appearances.
I never wanted Howard to begin with I was very vocal about it on this board and Lakers nation. He's not the kind of center that can carry a team to the promise land.

I've seen what kind d of centers that can do that. I been watching the NBA long enough to figure it out.

Its kind of like we all k ow Alex smith isn't taking the chiefs anywhere. We just know he's not the kind of qb that's not gonna do it.

TEX 07-05-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

LMAO Houston is a lot more laid back environment and Harden does not have Kobe's ego. I think its a great fit for both. Just BEAT L.A. in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE GO ROCKETS!

Sassy Squatch 07-05-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794111)
Yeah I've enjoyed 10 finals wins and 16 finals appearances.
I never wanted Howard to begin with I was very vocal about it on this board and Lakers nation. He's not the kind of center that can carry a team to the promise land.

I've seen what kind d of centers that can do that. I been watching the NBA long enough to figure it out.

Its kind of like we all k ow Alex smith isn't taking the chiefs anywhere. We just know he's not the kind of qb that's not gonna do it.

kc nut mult?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794109)
I was looking up options for Asik, and looked up the stats on Ryan Anderson. He'd be a perfect stretch 4 for Houston, and Asik is much needed in NO after they lost Lopez. I go over to Twitter, and Woj reports there may be discussions centered around those two players. Really good fit for both players, and frankly, Anderson a better fit for Houston than Josh Smith.

Just saw this. Interesting. I haven't watched much of Anderson at all. I guess he shoots a ridiculous amount of threes, which fits what the Rockets want to do.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9794112)
LMAO Houston is a lot more laid back environment and Harden does not have Kobe's ego. I think its a great fit for both. Just BEAT L.A. in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE GO ROCKETS!

Boom

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-05-2013 06:39 PM

I remember people piling on Morey after last offseason. The guy is an awesome GM. He managed to build a title contender without tanking for an elite draft pick. That is nigh impossible.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794109)

Agreed. He can actually make the shots that Josh are going to ill-advisedly take. Plus, his contract will be much less

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9794131)
I remember people piling on Morey after last offseason. The guy is an awesome GM. He managed to build a title contender without tanking for an elite draft pick. That is nigh impossible.

It's outstanding. I hated the Luis Scola era, and thought tanking would be best, but Morey put a foot in my ass.

tk13 07-05-2013 06:56 PM

This is just like when Howard went to the Lakers. People will start listing them as a favorite. Howard really should be a guy that wins multiple titles but at the end he's always been too soft mentally. He is only 27 though. He probably has another 3-4 years to reach his potential.

ChiefsCountry 07-05-2013 06:57 PM

Morey has turned Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry, and Jeremy Lamb into James Harden and Dwight Howard.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9794155)
This is just like when Howard went to the Lakers. People will start listing them as a favorite. Howard really should be a guy that wins multiple titles but at the end he's always been too soft mentally. He is only 27 though. He probably has another 3-4 years to reach his potential.

Maybe. But the Rockets were already young and ascending