ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bowser 05-04-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piers Morgan (Post 9656314)
Mizzou was in a tough spot, I admit. Move to a "secure" conference but confronted with the fact that they'd never really be able to compete for it all.

Jack Harry wants back in the Big 12. Would be interested to hear what the other fans think.

As a Mizzou fan, the move at the time made sense. Dan Bebee was doing his best to skull**** the Big XII out of existence, and nearly succeeded. I hold no ill will towards Mizzou for leaving for the SEC, and anybody with any sense regarding Mizzou knew they wouldn't go in and take the conference by storm. And be honest - if ANY team from that era of the Big XII would have been offered by the SEC to join with them, that team would have jumped all over it.

The SEC is tough, no doubt. Much tougher than the Big Leftover. But that's no reason to want to go scurrying back. It's my hope that Mizzou is better down the road because of the tougher competition. Only time will tell.

Discuss Thrower 05-04-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9657107)
There were 2 main arguments I heard when Mizzou left: 1) Big 12 is unstable, and 2) the SEC will pay out far more. Now we know the answers to both of these questions. And Mizzou fans were clearly wrong on both.

We see new arguments now being formed - "exposure will be great!" - "we play in the best football league!" - to justify the move. But make no mistake those were not the main reasons given when they bolted.

Texas can always go independent and then the big IIX goes tits up.

Your beakers are fine but god have mercy on ISU.

Pitt Gorilla 05-04-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

There were 2 main arguments I heard when Mizzou left: 1) Big 12 is unstable, and 2) the SEC will pay out far more. Now we know the answers to both of these questions. And Mizzou fans were clearly wrong on both.

We see new arguments now being formed - "exposure will be great!" - "we play in the best football league!" - to justify the move. But make no mistake those were not the main reasons given when they bolted.

We know the answer to #2? Can you tell me the exact dollar figures over the lifetime of the new contracts?

Spott 05-04-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Still obsessed with Mizzou I see.

Prison Bitch 05-04-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9657119)
Texas can always go independent and then the big IIX goes tits up.

Your beakers are fine but god have mercy on ISU.

As kietzman points out, where can they go? They won't be able to park their sports in another conference and go Indy for football. That means they have to be in a conference. No option makes travel sense.

Pitt Gorilla 05-04-2013 06:32 PM

Missouri softball on ESPN right now. The SEC already has a strong foothold on ESPN programming and the new deals will make that even more the case.

Bambi 05-08-2013 07:32 PM

USATODAY releases their study of all Division 1 college athletic earnings.

Kansas as no surprise is the highest revenue locally. Interesting that even with splitting the state and all resources KU and KSU still are far ahead of Missouri in revenue.

Texas dominating everyone with over $163 million in revenue. "wow"

Interesting read.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ools/finances/

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9669414)
USATODAY releases their study of all Division 1 college athletic earnings.

Kansas as no surprise is the highest revenue locally. Interesting that even with splitting the state and all resources KU and KSU still are far ahead of Missouri in revenue.

Texas dominating everyone with over $163 million in revenue. "wow"

Interesting read.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...ools/finances/

Thought you were watching the Heat game?

Bitch

Bambi 05-08-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9669443)
Thought you were watching the Heat game?

now now, it's only money.

Then again for you guys...not too much of it. :(

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9669453)
now now, it's only money.

Then again for you guys...not too much of it. :(

Passive aggressive Bambi bitch. Has a ring to it.

Bambi 05-08-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9669505)
Passive aggressive Bambi bitch. Has a ring to it.

Nothing passive about it. Just numbers.

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9669521)
Nothing passive about it. Just numbers.

Talking about you. Dumbshit Passive aggressive Bambi bitch. Even better.

Bambi 05-08-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9669526)
Talking about you. Dumbshit Passive aggressive Bambi bitch. Even better.

Don't get mad at me. Get mad at your school. Maybe they should manage their money better. Or actually win a game here or there.

Spott 05-08-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9669531)
Don't get mad at me. Get mad at your school. Maybe they should manage their money better. Or actually win a game here or there.

Why in the hell do any of you argue about how much money people that you have never met and never will meet will make?

Prison Bitch 05-08-2013 08:30 PM

I'm watching Road House right now. One of the bar bouncers is wearing a yellow Mizzou sweatshirt.