ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Lenny "The Cool" Lounge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Nick Bolton Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338119)

duncan_idaho 09-16-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15835817)
Since it appears like Bolton is filling in for Gay, I am curious as to how Spags uses him once Gay returns.

The hope: He plays well enough to give them confidence in relegating Niemann to the 11th circle of Hell.

The reality: Even if Bolton plays well, Niemann still gets snaps at his/Gay's expense.

RunKC 10-18-2021 09:53 AM

Watching this guy again and he’s really starting to grow. He had another TFL as well as a “no gain” stop yesterday. That was after having 2 TFL’s last week. So he’s got 5 TFL’s in 6 games.

He’s our best tackler IMO. The guy knows how to wrap up and simply doesn’t miss often. And he is very smart. Watching him pre-snap he can tell the formation and what angles he’s gonna need.

No he’s no super athletic but playing in the middle doesn’t require that.

I think this guy was definitely a hit and will be a rock solid productive player for a long time. And again this is from someone who didn’t like the pick when it was made

Rain Man 10-18-2021 10:06 AM

It's a relatively low bar, but I feel like Bolton is our best linebacker right now.

Dante84 10-18-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15901160)
Watching this guy again and he’s really starting to grow. He had another TFL as well as a “no gain” stop yesterday. That was after having 2 TFL’s last week. So he’s got 5 TFL’s in 6 games.

He’s our best tackler IMO. The guy knows how to wrap up and simply doesn’t miss often. And he is very smart. Watching him pre-snap he can tell the formation and what angles he’s gonna need.

No he’s no super athletic but playing in the middle doesn’t require that.

I think this guy was definitely a hit and will be a rock solid productive player for a long time. And again this is from someone who didn’t like the pick when it was made

Yep, I thought to myself that it looked like he was learning & reading plays faster than he was earlier this season.

I hope he continues and grows into a stud later this season or after next year's offseason.

ChiTown 10-18-2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15901190)
It's a relatively low bar, but I feel like Bolton is our best linebacker right now.

He is, and it's not particularly close, primarily because Willie Gay isn't 100% yet.

ThaVirus 10-18-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15901160)
He’s our best tackler IMO. The guy knows how to wrap up and simply doesn’t miss often. And he is very smart.

He is a sure tackler, which is a breath of fresh air. Probably our surest tackler since.. idk, maybe Eric Berry back in 2016? Been a long time.

I just wish he was faster/more athletic.

saphojunkie 10-18-2021 10:22 AM

Amazing how our defense looked 100x better with our our last three second round picks in starting roles.

Simply amazing.

I am amazed.

Perineum Ripper 10-18-2021 11:06 AM

Wasn’t there some dumbass in here saying he was a shoestring tackler, not athletic and wouldn’t be very good?

JakeF 10-18-2021 11:08 AM

Bolton looks like a quality starter for us. We need him badly.

Can we get 2 more LB's just like Bolton, please?

crispystl 10-18-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15901269)
Wasn’t there some dumbass in here saying he was a shoestring tackler, not athletic and wouldn’t be very good?


Who’s said that lol. Didn’t the dude lead the SEC in tackles one year?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staylor26 10-18-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15901269)
Wasn’t there some dumbass in here saying he was a shoestring tackler, not athletic and wouldn’t be very good?

I believe that was Tribal Warfare.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15901190)
It's a relatively low bar, but I feel like Bolton is our best linebacker right now.

He really is. It's clear that he's a football player and not an athlete trying to play football.

Pitt Gorilla 10-18-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15901269)
Wasn’t there some dumbass in here saying he was a shoestring tackler, not athletic and wouldn’t be very good?

Bolton has never been a "shoestring tackler."

Perineum Ripper 10-18-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15901294)
I believe that was Tribal Warfare.

After reading back through the thread, this is the correct answer. To his credit at one point he said Bolton would be solid. Then went on to say up and down role player was his expectation and people were stupid for expecting All Pro. Didn’t see anyone saying All Pro was their expectations

Mecca 10-18-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15901343)
After reading back through the thread, this is the correct answer. To his credit at one point he said Bolton would be solid. Then went on to say up and down role player was his expectation and people were stupid for expecting All Pro. Didn’t see anyone saying All Pro was their expectations

But using pick 58 on him leads to those expectations. Because off ball LBs aren't high positional value you need a high level of production to make the pick worth it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.