ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football NFL Is Rigged: Wild Card Round (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341836)

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 03:04 PM

BTW, I'm still not over the (I think) 2017 game against the Steelers when the officials had me switch to my current opinion. I remember going over the cliff because of how that game was selectively officiated, and I don't think I ever will get over it. Even if the NFL would admit that their officials are star-struck, I might get over it, but that's just not the case.

And that game was the game where I went to the other side that thinks there's something more than "pure accidents" going on.

BlackOp 01-16-2022 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078700)
I ignored all of these posts earlier, but from what ChiefsCountry quoted...... it's nice to see you finally admit all you're doing is making up stories based on things you either don't agree with or seem 'weird'.

Ironically, when I think 'weird' in sports, it's because things aren't scripted, so weird shit happens... and we've circled back around to how weird shit means things are scripted.

Good to have closure though.

What you consider "weird"...and I consider "weird" are likely universes apart...I chose to use opaque word-play by design.

I'm glad you've finally found inner-peace in accepting the fact that I'm correct...

Bearcat 01-16-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078753)
BTW, I'm still not over the (I think) 2017 game against the Steelers when the officials had me switch to my current opinion. I remember going over the cliff because of how that game was selectively officiated, and I don't think I ever will get over it. Even if the NFL would admit that their officials are star-struck, I might get over it, but that's just not the case.

And that game was the game where I went to the other side that thinks there's something more than "pure accidents" going on.

I've always been mind-boggled at how we can see 4 replays in 3 different angles within 30 seconds, yet calls like that go completely unquestioned and reviews can take forever (more commercials though!).

NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA.... have an 'eye in the sky' ref who can actually get it right and within a fraction of the time. It wouldn't be that guy's job to all-22 every missed holding call or whatever, but **** the headsets and iPad bullshit and actually use technology to get it right.

If done correctly, they're only there for the worst calls/non-calls and to make challenges move along much faster. But, every league has been slow to do something like that.... I think the dumbest being MLB, where all the umps come together like it's a Teams meeting behind home plate.

WilliamTheIrish 01-16-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078777)
I've always been mind-boggled at how we can see 4 replays in 3 different angles within 30 seconds, yet calls like that go completely unquestioned and reviews can take forever (more commercials though!).

NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA.... have an 'eye in the sky' ref who can actually get it right and within a fraction of the time. It wouldn't be that guy's job to all-22 every missed holding call or whatever, but **** the headsets and iPad bullshit and actually use technology to get it right.

If done correctly, they're only there for the worst calls/non-calls and to make challenges move along much faster. But, every league has been slow to do something like that.... I think the dumbest being MLB, where all the umps come together like it's a Teams meeting behind home plate.

The game moves too fast for these guys. And the solution is not more officials. It’s less.

And, I agree with the technology aspect. Especially in the case of the PI in the Raiders/Chargers final regular season game and the whistle yesterday.

Bob Dole 01-16-2022 03:31 PM

I still have an uneasy feeling about the game tonight.

smithandrew051 01-16-2022 03:32 PM

I’d like to see the Cowboys lose, but the 49ers also had a role in us losing the 1 seed. So **** both teams.

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16078777)

I'm not lost on what you're saying, but what you're saying is exactly what gives biased officials the wiggle room they need. "The game is too fast" isn't wrong, but when our folks (our stars) were getting raped in the middle of the filed it sure seems like their only excuse was "in that moment" they weren't looking and didn't see it.

You may buy that, but I don't. From almost anything constituting DPI, and it taking much MUCH more to get a push-off call, well that's just wrong.

And I get that OWNERSHIP has determined that their highest prices assets are to be protested, AND that high scoring games draws fans (profits), it doesn't take a memo for officials to call games the way they call them.

What's less acceptable is when one team gets calls, in the same game (not that that should matter), when the other team doesn't get those calls.

After a while you see a trend, at least that's what I've seen.

It's all good, I hope the God's favor our Chiefs today and don't have a hair up their ass about us.

We'll see.

TimBone 01-16-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078535)
#1 I think your emotional because of your replies and need to defend the league.

#2 I have no idea if it was purposeful, just like you have no proof of a real and effective officials review program that would hold the official accountable for that early whistle.

Let's face it, your side won't accept anything short of a memo sent to the officials on NFL letterhead that says which games should be won by which teams. Just like "I" (and it's literally just me) won't accept anything short of a grade card that shows that the official in question ****ed up, will be held accountable, and what being accountable means.

When players screw up, we hear all about their fines and suspensions, why not the officials?

Again, this won't ever get solved because there are no memos to officials, and there's no evidence of grade cards or discipline awarded to officials.

It's all good, there's no hate, just differing opinions of what we're all seeing.

I think you've confused my position. I'm not defending the league at all. I'm on the record in one of these rigging threads saying officiating is a problem. I also believe the officials should be held more accountable. The job should be full time, and there should be consequences for continued failures in officiating.

I just think the officiating problem is more due to ineptitude than any conspiracy to rig games a certain way. The NFL makes a shit ton of money as it stands. There's no need to rig things a certain way. It doesn't matter which teams make the playoffs or which team wins the Super Bowl. Fans will be fans, and money will be made. Why would the NFL risk tarnishing itself with rigging games?

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 16078795)
I still have an uneasy feeling about the game tonight.

Call your shot, Bob.

Are we getting ****ed by the refs tonight?

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078710)
I too am happy that we have closure that neither side can show evidence that their position is accurate. It doesn't mean we hate each other, it just means that nobody can produce anything that proves that their position is correct.

I don't understand this line of thinking. Isn't the burden of proof usually on the person making accusations?

How exactly is somebody supposed to provide proof that the games aren't rigged?

WilliamTheIrish 01-16-2022 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078869)
I don't understand this line of thinking. Isn't the burden of proof usually on the person making accusations?

Yes. But not in the world some folks live in.

penguinz 01-16-2022 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078869)

Stop using logic. It has no place on this site.

Bob Dole 01-16-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078861)
Call your shot, Bob.

Are we getting ****ed by the refs tonight?

If the Steelers have any sense at all, they're throwing deep on every 3rd and long and hoping for a PI.

TimBone 01-16-2022 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078464)
I've already explained to him that the information is available.

He doesn't want it. He wants to have something to blame when the Chiefs lose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 16078753)
BTW, I'm still not over the (I think) 2017 game against the Steelers when the officials had me switch to my current opinion.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...c5e35044bf.gif

GloryDayz 01-16-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 16078856)
I think you've confused my position. I'm not defending the league at all. I'm on the record in one of these rigging threads saying officiating is a problem. I also believe the officials should be held more accountable. The job should be full time, and there should be consequences for continued failures in officiating.

I just think the officiating problem is more due to ineptitude than any conspiracy to rig games a certain way. The NFL makes a shit ton of money as it stands. There's no need to rig things a certain way. It doesn't matter which teams make the playoffs or which team wins the Super Bowl. Fans will be fans, and money will be made. Why would the NFL risk tarnishing itself with rigging games?

That's cool. I guess we're just a shade different then, I do think the NFL hires officials who are "league first" minded and all that that implies (our difference), protects them later (I think we agree there), and the league creates rules that allow for mistakes made by officials to not be able to be overturned (I think we agree there too).

If I were king for a day!!! :D