ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life conceal and carry (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201284)

Brock 01-29-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 5437627)
Ok, Im gonna pop my forum cherry on this one. I have my conceal and carry permit and i use my right to carry. The class to me was pretty cool. It was very informative, but pretty dry at the same time. But since it was telling me how i could leagally protect myself it had my full attention. The shooting to qualify was easy, and pretty fun. As far as concealing in your vehicle goes, why would you put your weapon in a place that is not easily accessable when needed. If its locked in a case in the back seat and you need to use right now, then pulling out the case and loading your weapon is not going to be very handy. You should have it stowed where it is easy to get to and loaded just in case you need it. A carjacker wont wait for you to load your gun that you have hidden in the trunk. Hopefully I never need to use mine, but if I do it will be on me and ready to go.

Well, my reasoning for keeping it in the case is that I don't live in carjacker country, and I'm only driving around with it if I'm on my way to go shoot it.

Iowanian 01-29-2009 11:23 AM

reciprocity maps, click your state.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

For the life of me, I don't know why one state honors anothers but not another, and states that will honor 1 permit, won't honor the state next to it.

RJ 01-29-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btlook1 (Post 5433500)
Tooge
I took the class in August and found it pretty interesting. Of course we had a good instructor that kept it entertaining and informative. I think most of it will depend on your teacher. Some of it's a dry subject.
I didn't take the class to carry just mainly to have my pistol in my truck legally. Now I'm not so worried about getting pulled over and if they want to look they can...won't get in trouble for having that pistol behind the seat...I never go to the city without throwing a gun behind the seat just my preference.
Good luck and pay attention and you can actually learn something.

"Don't take your guns to town, son
Leave your guns at home, Bill
Don't take your guns to town."

wutamess 01-29-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 5437627)
Ok, Im gonna pop my forum cherry on this one. I have my conceal and carry permit and i use my right to carry. The class to me was pretty cool. It was very informative, but pretty dry at the same time. But since it was telling me how i could leagally protect myself it had my full attention. The shooting to qualify was easy, and pretty fun. As far as concealing in your vehicle goes, why would you put your weapon in a place that is not easily accessable when needed. If its locked in a case in the back seat and you need to use right now, then pulling out the case and loading your weapon is not going to be very handy. You should have it stowed where it is easy to get to and loaded just in case you need it. A carjacker wont wait for you to load your gun that you have hidden in the trunk. Hopefully I never need to use mine, but if I do it will be on me and ready to go.

ShamWOW... First post!

Radar Chief 01-29-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 5437758)
reciprocity maps, click your state.
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

Handy site, thanks. :thumb:

The Chief 01-29-2009 03:36 PM

Im not a big poster, but im pretty passionate about my guns and my freedom! I think everybody that feels the same should get thier ccp. We may not be able take the class anymore come this time next year.

KCTitus 01-29-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 5438698)
Im not a big poster, but im pretty passionate about my guns and my freedom! I think everybody that feels the same should get thier ccp. We may not be able take the class anymore come this time next year.

+1

I had been thinking about it for a few years, but realized my window was closing.

btlook1 01-29-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chief (Post 5438698)

That's exactly why I went ahead and took the class to. I would also recommend that if you are thinking about it then get it done sooner rather than later....Our great president might take that away to.

KCHawg 01-29-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH (Post 5434924)
Actually, when I was in MO 10 years ago, the pistol had to be visible from 3 different points outside the car. Also, it is my understanding that in MO you only need to have a the concealed carry permit if the gun is concealed. If you are able to legally buy a firearm, you can legally carry one as long as it is visible - even in city limits unless there are city ordinances preventing it. For example, carrying one in a western style holster on your leg where everyone can see it - fine. Carrying one in a shoulder holster with a sport jacket on and no one can see it - bad.

Things could have changed in 10 years, but everything I've heard about Missouri gun laws is they have become more relaxed, not firmer.

Nowadays in Mo, it can be concealed in your car without a permit. You can even have it concealed on your person, in the car, without the permit.