ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

dtrain 02-21-2013 09:12 PM

Nick Foles News

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/2...-eagles-chiefs

The Kansas City Chiefs still don't have a reliable starting quarterback for the 2013 season, a glaring issue that will assuredly be addressed in the coming months. One possibility for Andy Reid and his new team could be to bring in the quarterback he drafted last year out of Arizona, and as Chris Mortensen sees it, the Chiefs would have to give up at least a third-round pick to do so.

For more on the Chiefs offseason, head over to Arrowhead Pride.

Mortensen said on ESPN's "NFL 32" a third-rounder would probably be the going rate to acquire Foles. He seems to believe Kansas City is inclined to head to the bargaining table for the 24-year-old passer.

Clearly the connection between Reid and Foles would be a starting point to these negotiations. He drafted Foles in Round 3 of the 2012 NFL Draft, ultimately supplanting Michael Vick with the rookie quarterback later in the season.

If the Chiefs find a way to bring in Foles, retain Dwayne Bowe and use their No. 1 pick in April for another valuable commodity like Luke Joeckel, we might actually see the beginning of a decent offensive display. Kansas City has plenty of work ahead this offseason.

In58men 02-21-2013 09:13 PM

@NFLDraftMonster: Good to see KC is out of the "Foles gold" market. Reid says not trading for him, Kelly says he'll only consider a 2nd (lol) for him.

@MikeGarafolo: Reid asked about Foles. "He's not available. Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles and they like him."

Mr_Tomahawk 02-21-2013 09:14 PM

I've started like 4 threads on this guy already....pick one.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:15 PM

How about a 4th + Cassel?

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9424312)
@NFLDraftMonster: Good to see KC is out of the "Foles gold" market. Reid says not trading for him, Kelly says he'll only consider a 2nd (lol) for him.

@MikeGarafolo: Reid asked about Foles. "He's not available. Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles and they like him."

I bet this draft monster guy reads the planet. I used that Foles gold line earlier today.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9424312)

completely bullshit 'out-of-context' report

They ask Reid to comment about Foles and he wouldn't because 'Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles'

and

A follow question suggested that since Foles was drafted by Reid when he was in Philly that he would be interested in Foles. Reid replied that the personel guy was also there when Fole was drafted and he's still in Philly so 'They like him' too

complete hackjob

RealSNR 02-21-2013 09:21 PM

HA! Foles gold. I actually laughed at that one.

Ebolapox 02-21-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424322)
I bet this draft monster guy reads the planet. I used that Foles gold line earlier today.

jesus, christ, you ARE that guy! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stonedstooge 02-21-2013 09:27 PM

I think I've read this book before

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:33 PM

IF this report is true, it means we probably let Albert Walk and draft Joekel (Not a favorite scenario of mine).

This brings me to this question:

Will we get draft choice compensation for losing Albert? If so, how much, and in what year?

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 09:35 PM

NFLDraftMonster is just some fat kid with a twitter account and a penchant for horrible web design.

Nothing anyone says right now will mean anything. They could either try for foles, or not. Nothing you gather from anyone's comments at the moment will tell you anything.

silver5liter 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9424358)
IF this report is true, it means we probably let Albert Walk and draft Joekel (Not a favorite scenario of mine).

This brings me to this question:

Will we get draft choice compensation for losing Albert? If so, how much, and in what year?

Max third, and next year

ChiefsCountry 02-21-2013 09:36 PM

SNR remember yesterday you asked. See below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424322)

RealSNR 02-21-2013 09:42 PM

I see now. LMAO

Eh, whatever. BossChief is my homeboy. If he wants to take credit for everything, that's fine by me.

BossChief 02-21-2013 09:48 PM

I'm a jerk for taking the credit for things I've done? If that makes me a bad guy, so be it.

Don't care.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9424326)
completely bullshit 'out-of-context' report

They ask Reid to comment about Foles and he wouldn't because 'Nick is the property of the Philadelphia Eagles'

and

A follow question suggested that since Foles was drafted by Reid when he was in Philly that he would be interested in Foles. Reid replied that the personel guy was also there when Fole was drafted and he's still in Philly so 'They like him' too

complete hackjob

Yep.

O.city 02-21-2013 09:56 PM

Media is trying to put stuff together at this point, with not alot of substance. The Gm's and Coaches try and say as little as they can even then rumors get started.

No wonder they don't want to say anything, look how the media runs with a little here or there.

Ebolapox 02-21-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424378)
I'm a jerk for taking the credit for things I've done? If that makes me a bad guy, so be it.

Don't care.

nobody called you a jerk. I was amused and it seems that other people laughed it off as well. nobody gives a shit, really.

Frankie 02-21-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9424362)
Max third, and next year

That ain't good.

Hell if I'm Dorsey, and Reid and I are targeting Foles than I would try like hell to trade down, even 1 or 2 spots, AND KEEP ALBERT.

silver5liter 02-21-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9424397)
That ain't good.

Hell if I'm Dorsey, and Reid and I are targeting Foles than I would try like hell to trade down, even 1 or 2 spots, AND KEEP ALBERT.

I'd just keep Albert and draft geno

O.city 02-21-2013 10:05 PM

If they wanna get max value out of Foles, they could wait til after teh draft and contact whichever team misses on a QB.

Rasputin 02-21-2013 10:18 PM

So veterans like Albert expect a big pay day but they wont because it's now cheaper to draft them instead and the value of vets gets too expensive. I that may back fire for the NFL to keep the vets happy in this league.

BossChief 02-21-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424411)
If they wanna get max value out of Foles, they could wait til after teh draft and contact whichever team misses on a QB.

I'd rather give up a 2014 2nd rounder than a 2013 third.

O.city 02-21-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424491)

If Reid and Dorsey like him that much, but wanna se what could happen in regards to who might fall, they could play it like that.

Just let the draft play out, see if a QB you like falls to you, if he doesnt' trade a second for Foles.

FRCDFED 02-21-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424500)
If Reid and Dorsey like him that much, but wanna se what could happen in regards to who might fall, they could play it like that.

Just let the draft play out, see if a QB you like falls to you, if he doesnt' trade a second for Foles.

:spock:

Strongside 02-22-2013 12:16 AM

We will give them Ricky Stanzi, Brady Quinn and a bushel of dicks straight up for him.

RealSNR 02-22-2013 01:00 AM

You know what I got you for Nick Foles, Marzipan?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOTHING!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-22-2013 01:28 AM

Thank God; another Nick Foles thread!
Posted via Mobile Device

mikey23545 02-22-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424491)

Indeed.

Besides, there isn't going to be that much difference between the last pick in the second round and the first pick in the third round.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-22-2013 01:39 AM

"Nick Foles News" What is "a newspaper I would rather have crammed up my ass sideways than subscribe to"-Alex!
Posted via Mobile Device

cdcox 02-22-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

If the Chiefs find a way to bring in Foles, retain Dwayne Bowe and use their No. 1 pick in April for another valuable commodity like Luke Joeckel, we might actually see the beginning of a decent offensive display. Kansas City has plenty of work ahead this offseason.
What a moronic statement by Mort. Why not write:
Quote:

If the Chiefs find a way to bring in Foles, retain Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Albert and use their No. 1 pick in April for another valuable commodity like [insert any legit top 15 QB, WR, or TE here], we might actually see the beginning of a decent offensive display. Kansas City has plenty of work ahead this offseason.
Joeckel is the worst pick the Chiefs could make at 1. It adds zero value to the team over signing Albert.

jspchief 02-22-2013 02:05 AM

So why do we want a 3rd round QB that's still only worth a 3rd round pick?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-22-2013 02:14 AM

Nick Foles Lust, ON THE NEXT SAM MELLINGER

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424411)

Get max value = bend over and **** with a broomstick, no lube.

It will be us, just wait and see.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9424697)
So why do we want a 3rd round QB that's still only worth a 3rd round pick?

WE don't.

Some fans and media do.

Anything but the risk of a drafting a QB. It's SCARY!

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 08:37 AM

I saw yesterday scrolling accross the NFL Network screen that Andy Reid made the statement that "Foles is not available for trade"

So why is this still being discussed ??????

htismaqe 02-22-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424848)
I saw yesterday scrolling accross the NFL Network screen that Andy Reid made the statement that "Foles is not available for trade"

So why is this still being discussed ??????

Because it's not his call. It's up to the Eagles to decide whether or not Foles is available.

Right now, that's all Andy Reid CAN say. Otherwise, he's guilty of tampering.

BoneKrusher 02-22-2013 09:16 AM

as long as Reid finds a QB, i dont care how he gets one.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424816)
Get max value = bend over and **** with a broomstick, no lube.

It will be us, just wait and see.

I meant the eagles getting best value.

I don't see them trading him. They can keep him and trade him next year for the same price

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424923)
I meant the eagles getting best value.

I don't see them trading him. They can keep him and trade him next year for the same price

I know. The Eagles gettng "max value" means that some other team is getting ROBBED.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9424917)

That's a cop out.

suds79 02-22-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9424917)

Sounds a lot like "In Scott I trust."

Remember that? Have an opinion.

O.city 02-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424950)
I know. The Eagles gettng "max value" means that some other team is getting ROBBED.

Probably so.

But if Reid thinks he's the guy I guess

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-22-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9424378)

Don't care.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22Foles+Gold%22

nice try

ChiefRocka 02-22-2013 09:42 AM

Sucks but it might be the LT from A&M

Q: What do you think you'll do with Branden Albert?
Reid: "We haven't gone through all that. I had him in because he had a fairly significant injury, so we've kind of got to work through that. I've got to see how all that works out."
"...he had a fairly significant injury...""Fairly significant injury" is what jumped out at me. Albert took his physical several weeks ago and it was leaked by his camp that he passed the physical. I noted back then that him passing a physical means very little because there's a huge difference between a team feeling a player is healthy and a team feeling a player is healthy enough to give him $50 million.
Back then, we didn't think Albert's back injury, which cost him time last year, was a big deal. But Reid's words "fairly significant injury" have me wondering about that.
Maybe I'm just reading way too much into this. Maybe. But Reid hardly gives any detailed information out so this jumped out at me.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9424981)
Sucks but it might be the LT from A&M

Q: What do you think you'll do with Branden Albert?
Reid: "We haven't gone through all that. I had him in because he had a fairly significant injury, so we've kind of got to work through that. I've got to see how all that works out."
"...he had a fairly significant injury...""Fairly significant injury" is what jumped out at me. Albert took his physical several weeks ago and it was leaked by his camp that he passed the physical. I noted back then that him passing a physical means very little because there's a huge difference between a team feeling a player is healthy and a team feeling a player is healthy enough to give him $50 million.
Back then, we didn't think Albert's back injury, which cost him time last year, was a big deal. But Reid's words "fairly significant injury" have me wondering about that.
Maybe I'm just reading way too much into this. Maybe. But Reid hardly gives any detailed information out so this jumped out at me.

Reading way too much into that statement from Reid.

BossChief 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Chip Kelly said he isn't trading Foles and that's that. He said he looks forward to seeing him on the practice squad.

Anything the Chiefs do to try to get him would be tampering.

ChiefRocka 02-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9425012)
Chip Kelly said he isn't trading Foles and that's that. He said he looks forward to seeing him on the practice squad.

Why should we believe him again? :hmmm:

ChiefRocka 02-22-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425005)

Oh I agree no one knows shit BUT if his back is lets just say 60% would that sway anyones opinion taking a QB at #1 this year...it would sway mine.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9425012)

THIS. Thread over !

ChiefRocka 02-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9425024)
THIS. Thread over !

definitely staying at Oregon

BossChief 02-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424882)
Because it's not his call. It's up to the Eagles to decide whether or not Foles is available.

Right now, that's all Andy Reid CAN say. Otherwise, he's guilty of tampering.

Yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425005)

I agree.

They are in contract negotiation and have said as much...Reid can't say anything good or bad while Dorsey is working on an extension.

BossChief 02-22-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9425015)
Why should we believe him again? :hmmm:

Because if he wanted to trade him, he destroyed the value for doing so by closing the door like that. Now, Chip would have to call KC and be like "still interested?"

"sure, for a 5th"

The Franchise 02-22-2013 10:03 AM

If Foles is going to get traded.....it'll be right before the draft or after the draft. Teams with a high enough pick are going to want to sit down with the QBs and see if any of them fit what they're looking for. If they aren't.....then they can approach the Eagles for Foles.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9425022)
Oh I agree no one knows shit BUT if his back is lets just say 60% would that sway anyones opinion taking a QB at #1 this year...it would sway mine.

Why?

Jamaal Charles had arguably his best game of the season behind Donald Stephenson.

NOTHING is more important than getting a QB. NOTHING.

BossChief 02-22-2013 10:14 AM

We have three players with left tackle experience.

Albert
Stephenson
Allen

We have total crap at quarterback.

This should be easy.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9425066)
We have three players with left tackle experience.

Albert
Stephenson
Allen

We have total crap at quarterback.

This should be easy.

http://www.emotioneric.com/takingcandyfromababy.jpg

The Franchise 02-22-2013 10:19 AM

I've said it before....and I'll say it again. Drafting Joeckel would be a waste of 3 draft picks.

1st overall pick
Donald Stephenson's pick
Brandon Albert's pick

And like BossChief said....you could even include Jeff Allen's pick in there as well.

Sorter 02-22-2013 10:22 AM

This man http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

and this man http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1260002279

officially give a big **** you to Joeckel.

BigMeatballDave 02-23-2013 11:30 AM

Report: Kansas City Chiefs told Nick Foles unavailable

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...isnt-on-market

Mr. Laz 02-23-2013 11:46 AM

Report: Kansas City Chiefs told Nick Foles unavailable

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Published: Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:47 a.m. Updated: Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:44 p.m.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles both insisted Thursday that a trade involving quarterback Nick Foles was unlikely. Eagles coach Chip Kelly said that he wanted to coach Foles, and Chiefs coach Andy Reid believed the Eagles liked Foles too much to deal him.

Behind the scenes, the Chiefs at least wanted to find out how serious the Eagles were about their Foles fever.

Mike Garafolo of USA Today reported Saturday that the two teams spoke this week about Foles, but no progress was made toward a deal. The conversation took place after Reid publicly said Foles was "not available."

It appears Reid is right. The Eagles reiterated to the Chiefs that Foles was not available at this time. That possibly could change in the coming weeks with the league year starting March 12. Either the Eagles are trying to gain leverage and not show their hand or they actually mean what they say.

Our guess: Foles is unlikely to go anywhere.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggros

suds79 02-23-2013 11:47 AM

Well maybe we can put this to bed now.

Which is fine. Several QBs in this draft who are at least as good.

RyFo18 02-23-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9424317)
How about a 4th + Cassel?

It'd take a 3rd to get Foles. If we throw Cassel in, it would take a 2nd rounder.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-23-2013 11:52 AM

It's becoming crystal clear. The Chiefs are targeting Nick Foles,

The Kansas City Star considers the Chiefs "unlikely" to use the No. 1 overall pick on a quarterback.
It's becoming crystal clear. The Chiefs are targeting Nick Foles, and Alex Smith as an apparent fallback option, and they're likely to use the No. 1 pick on free agent Branden Albert's replacement. The Star does anticipate Kansas City potentially taking a quarterback in the later rounds. Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert and Arkansas' Tyler Wilson would fit Andy Reid's West Coast scheme. West Virginia's Geno Smith is likely to be available for Jacksonville at No. 2. Feb 23 - 12:48 PM

suds79 02-23-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9428182)

The Kansas City Star considers the Chiefs "unlikely" to use the No. 1 overall pick on a quarterback.
It's becoming crystal clear. The Chiefs are targeting Nick Foles, and Alex Smith as an apparent fallback option, and they're likely to use the No. 1 pick on free agent Branden Albert's replacement. The Star does anticipate Kansas City potentially taking a quarterback in the later rounds. Miami of Ohio's Zac Dysert and Arkansas' Tyler Wilson would fit Andy Reid's West Coast scheme. West Virginia's Geno Smith is likely to be available for Jacksonville at No. 2. Feb 23 - 12:48 PM

You know I can get over not taking a QB #1. I think they should but I could get over it.

What I couldn't get over is letting a good LT go when you have plenty of money only to spend the #1 overall pick to replace him.

We're 2-14. Have plenty of needs and the Chiefs are going to create a need and use the #1 overall pick on that need?

It just doesn't make sense... At all. That's stupid and would be bad management.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9428150)

YES.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

You better make sure people know that first sentence is a headline and not your own thoughts on the subject. :D

The Star is grasping at straws.

ChiefsCountry 02-23-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Good thing that is the Kansas City Star reporting that. Means it won't happen.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 05:22 PM

please, please, please close this ****ing garbage heap now.
Posted via Mobile Device

58-4ever 02-23-2013 05:37 PM

I like trading for Foles and drafting a QB. That means it DEFINITELY won't happen.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 05:44 PM

i remember everyone on the Lose So We Can Get Last Year's 88th Pick train last season....

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9429226)
i remember everyone on the Lose So We Can Get Last Year's 88th Pick train last season....

Sign new HC who had success in his last job but couldn't get over the hump, draft Will Shields Jr., and acquire a backup QB to start in a single offseason?

Championship.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

That would be an absolute disaster

B14ckmon 02-23-2013 05:58 PM

Of course they are saying Foles isn't available. Trades don't even become possible until March 12th and you aren't technically suppose to discuss actual trade scenarios between GMs.

It would be stupid for the Eagles to say he is available this early.

Frankie 02-23-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9428150)

Not really:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9428146)
The Eagles reiterated to the Chiefs that Foles was not available at this time. That possibly could change in the coming weeks with the league year starting March 12. Either the Eagles are trying to gain leverage and not show their hand or they actually mean what they say.

BossChief 02-23-2013 06:15 PM

Like I said, I could stomach a trade for Nick Foles...but it would be a short leash.

BUT

If they think its smart to go into next year with Joeckel at left tackle, Brandon Albert in SD and our quarterbacks being Foles, Cassel and Stanzi....they should only be afforded a short leash by the fan base.

If it blows up in their face, they deserve it....and it will.

If they pass on Geno, he will go on to another team and destroy worlds and we will be stuck will Foles...who wont be as good...but good enough to keep us out of position to take a QB again in the next couple years.

It would be the Chiefs bat signal that

"you can fire up those BBQs, guys. We are about to get back to 9-7 and first round loss. All is well"

When in reality, Foles will be at home watching Geno win playoff games.

B14ckmon 02-23-2013 06:19 PM

Stop assuming Geno will be great in the NFL. That is your first mistake. What if they pass on him and he goes to the Raiders and busts hard? If you think there isn't a valid reason why everyone on the planet is skeptical of Geno, then you are crazy.

BossChief 02-23-2013 06:30 PM

Andy Reid made guys like AJ Feeley and Kevin Kolb look like respectable starters and Donovan McNabb into one of the best quarterbacks in the league for a long time. To think that he couldn't take a kid like Geno and get the most out of him is silly. I dont care what he would do in Oakland...they dont have a guy like Andy Reid that has a long history of getting the most out of his quarterbacks.

Like Ive said, if they chose to go with Foles, I could live with it, but the leash would be short.

For once, I just want them to show some balls and draft their own quarterback.

Tombstone RJ 02-23-2013 06:32 PM

if all kc has to give up to get Foles is a third round pick, then that seems like a great deal, especially considering kc and the front office will have a lot more tape on the kid and know what his strengths and weakneses are... I'm thinking there's no way Philly lets Foles go for just a third round pick, especially with Vick's inability to stay healthy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9429345)
Stop assuming Geno will be great in the NFL. That is your first mistake. What if they pass on him and he goes to the Raiders and busts hard? If you think there isn't a valid reason why everyone on the planet is skeptical of Geno, then you are crazy.

your point is flawed: ANYONE who goes to Oakland busts.
Posted via Mobile Device