ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319010)

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:43 PM

Adrian Peterson is still a shitty human being...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...z4S?li=BBnba9I

In 2014, Adrian Peterson was charged with felony child abuse, entered a plea deal to misdemeanor reckless assault, and was suspended from the NFL for beating his son. In a shocking new interview, Peterson has admitted that he still hits his son with a belt.

Peterson is no longer on probation for the previous abuse case, but his public admission could draw scrutiny from legal authorities. Different states have different laws about parents physically disciplining their children, and it is unclear from the Bleacher Report article where the incident with the belt took place.

Regardless of any legal issues, Peterson could also now face discipline from the NFL, which made clear when Peterson was suspended in 2014 that his reinstatement was dependent upon his agreeing to go through counseling and be a better father to his children.

“The timing of your potential reinstatement will be based on the results of the counseling and treatment program set forth in this decision,” the league told Peterson in a 2014 letter. “Under this two-step approach, the precise length of the suspension will depend on your actions. We are prepared to put in place a program that can help you to succeed, but no program can succeed without your genuine and continuing engagement. You must commit yourself to your counseling and rehabilitative effort, properly care for your children, and have no further violations of law or league policy.”

If the NFL views Peterson hitting his son with a belt as a failure to “properly care for your children,” he could be suspended regardless of whether he faces criminal charges. The NFL has made it clear with past incidents that players can be disciplined under the personal-conduct policy even if they are not criminally charged.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also told Peterson in a letter that Goodell found it troubling that, “You have shown no meaningful remorse for your conduct.” That Peterson is now openly talking about hitting his son with a belt again suggests no meaningful remorse. Peterson may again find himself sanctioned for hitting his son.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 04:50 PM

So, I'm confused.. because he refuses to kiss the ring, they look for conjecture in his speech to enact suspension on hearsay? Interesting.. also, perhaps calling someone a shitty human being is a little much when you have no insight into the real man.

In58men 11-21-2018 04:51 PM

Things sure changed from being raised in the 90s from now.

SAUTO 11-21-2018 04:53 PM

Shitty person for spanking his kids?

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13909057)
So, I'm confused.. because he refuses to kiss the ring, they look for conjecture in his speech to enact suspension on hearsay? Interesting.. also, perhaps calling someone a shitty human being is a little much when you have no insight into the real man.

Uhhhhh what?

Dude got suspended because he beat his kid with a tree branch "10-15" times with the kid's pants down. Nevermind that he also stuffed leaves in the kids mouth.

Yep....he's not a shitty human being at all.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13909063)
Shitty person for spanking his kids?

This isn't an isolated incident. And I don't consider spanking to be the same as hitting your kid with a belt....especially after you told the cops that you whipped him with a tree branch.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13909060)
Things sure changed from being raised in the 90s from now.

Yes, that's my point.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909066)
This isn't an isolated incident. And I don't consider spanking to be the same as hitting your kid with a belt....especially after you told the cops that you whipped him with a tree branch.

So tell me about the other incidents. We know about the tree branch one... what are the "other incidents"?

SAUTO 11-21-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909066)

Well I can see that I guess lol. My kids don't get spanked much but every once in a while they do with my hand.

Sometimes the older boys that **** around get them too...

The Franchise 11-21-2018 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 13909069)
So tell me about the other incidents. We know about the tree branch one... what are the "other incidents"?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...drian+peterson

Go read through the thread yourself.

The Franchise 11-21-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10906514)

Totally not a piece of shit....right?

SAUTO 11-21-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909077)
Totally not a piece of shit....right?

I got worse when I was a kid and no one cared. I did ok for myself

SAUTO 11-21-2018 05:03 PM

Not excusing it though

Bump 11-21-2018 05:05 PM

did the kid suffer injury or did it just hurt? That's pretty much where the line should be drawn between a whoopin and child abuse.

58-4ever 11-21-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13909071)
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...drian+peterson

Go read through the thread yourself.

Listen, I get the switch. I don't agree with that AT ALL. I'm just asking about other incidents. What are they? I went to school with the guy and I've seen the work he does in the community and the way he treats others.

I don't know.. just thought it was harsh.