ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Help me buy my next car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302355)

kccrow 09-20-2016 07:12 PM

Consider a Honda Ridgeline? A little bigger than a Colorado, a whole lot better equipped. Kinda an awesome vehicle for someone that would love a mid size SUV but wants some benefits of a truck.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12439681)
Consider a Honda Ridgeline? A little bigger than a Colorado, a whole lot better equipped. Kinda an awesome vehicle for someone that would love a mid size SUV but wants some benefits of a truck.

Might as well buy something like an F-150 that does everything a ridgeline does better for the same money~

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439471)
I have a used Crew Cab, XLT, 4x4, 2016 F-150 with 19 miles on it. Thats your truck. Had minor transport damage, Ford bought it from the dealer, we bought it from Ford. You can buy considerably less than a new one.

How much off msrp?

kccrow 09-20-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439696)
Might as well buy something like an F-150 that does everything a ridgeline does better for the same money~

Might as well keep pimpin' Fords and being the salesman that you are. This is a line of shit. If you're going to buy an F150, you might as well buy a Silverado, Tundra, or Ram and get a man's truck.

Dave Lane 09-20-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12438921)
Hometeam already closing in on the deal.

The man is a business.

Got to make enough money to make the change.,

And by change I mean convert his tat to a Justin Beiber tat so it looks less gay :D

TheUte 09-20-2016 07:32 PM

Get another outback, it's the best you can do or a 69 camera ls3 ss!

Buehler445 09-20-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12439173)
So don't you get more bang out of a pickup?

These SUVs only really seat four comfortably anyway. Plus I can tow more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12439112)
If you can swing it get a pickup.

Wife and I are looking at an Acadia/enclave but they're damn steep too

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12439365)
We looked at Acadias, but ended up getting an LTZ Traverse instead. We love it. And yes, **** what they charge for a Tahoe these days. They do it because morons will pay it.

Traverse is the same as an Acadia or Enclave FWIW. Wife and I just hate the look of the Traverse vs Acadia/Enclave

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12439425)
The wife was into an Acadia pretty deep, the Denali one too. F That. Talked here into a Honda minivan. Now she says she'll never go back.

Wife isn't a van gal. Plus, van's are teh gheys on country roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439461)
Stay the **** away from the Acadia.

Run run fast

Why? I haven't heard heard anything bad about them. What am I missing.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12439701)
Might as well keep pimpin' Fords and being the salesman that you are. This is a line of shit. If you're going to buy an F150, you might as well buy a Silverado, Tundra, or Ram and get a man's truck.

I'm not a salesman. I am a professional with 15 years in this industry under my belt, working for Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, and an independent dealer, as both a salesperson and a service advisor. I eat, sleep, breathe vehicles, I touch, train, and learn about them, all day every day. I have Honda, a Pontiac, and a Ford in my driveway. I calls em like I sees em regardless of brand.

As for this idea about F-150s; Ford makes the best truck on the road period. Silverado is close, Ram is farther away, and Tundras are hanging out way at the back of the pack after Titans~

Compared to a Ridgeline, An F-150 has more room, more power, more tow capacity, more utility, more off road capability, better ride, better bed size, similar fuel mileage. And, because Ridgelines are pricey and hold value well, they are also comparably priced as a full size truck.

The other brand trucks don't have near as much rear leg room as an F-150, nor the fuel mileage, but they pretty much beat out Ridgelines at the same price point as well.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12439725)
:D

Traverse is the same as an Acadia or Enclave FWIW. Wife and I just hate the look of the Traverse vs Acadia/Enclave

Wife isn't a van gal. Plus, van's are teh gheys on country roads.

Why? I haven't heard heard anything bad about them. What am I missing.

What year? 2010-2013 they were the worst rated suv iirc. Anything newer they don't know yet lol.

Ac issues, p/s issues, suspension issues, electrical issues, water pump issues...

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439738)
What year? 2010-2013 they were the worst rated suv iirc. Anything newer they don't know yet lol.

Ac issues, p/s issues, suspension issues, electrical issues, water pump issues...

Dont forget headlight bulbs melting the headlight wiring :P

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439735)
I'm not a salesman. I am a professional with 15 years in this industry under my belt, working for Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, and an independent dealer, as both a salesperson and a service advisor. I eat, sleep, breathe vehicles, I touch, train, and learn about them, all day every day. I have Honda, a Pontiac, and a Ford in my driveway. I calls em like I sees em regardless of brand.

As for this idea about F-150s; Ford makes the best truck on the road period. Silverado is close, Ram is farther away, and Tundras are hanging out way at the back of the pack after Titans~

Compared to a Ridgeline, An F-150 has more room, more power, more tow capacity, more utility, more off road capability, better ride, better bed size, similar fuel mileage. And, because Ridgelines are pricey and hold value well, they are also comparably priced as a full size truck.

The other brand trucks don't have near as much rear leg room as an F-150, nor the fuel mileage, but they pretty much beat out Ridgelines at the same price point as well.

My silverado has 40 inches of leg room in the back seat. And I average over 16 mpg.

21 on the highway.

But those eco boosts have plenty of power and I wouldnt call an f150.a girls truck.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439746)
Dont forget headlight bulbs melting the headlight wiring :P

That was included in the electrical issues.

I have actually cut those headlights apart with the hidden wires (impala) and repaired them for customers in the past lol.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439735)

What's your ratio on this site of people trying to pilfer info from you and price shop you versus people who actually trust you to do business in good faith and take care of them? This post tells me that you're a pro, and people who buy from you are better off for it. However I know that lots of folks here want the power of the planet to get something for nothing, or are just generally skeptical of sharing personal info with this group. I can't imagine you're coming out ahead with your time here versus just selling on Facebook, or using whatever medium you use to create your own leads.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:45 PM

For some reason the site I usually look up issues on server is down at the moment or I would link the acadia page.

TrebMaxx 09-20-2016 07:46 PM

Love my F150 Super Crew cab. When I had two dogs, 70-80 lbs Australian Cattle dogs they fit great in the back. When hauling people you can do 5 with plenty of room. My FIL says it is like a limo with the leg room in the back seat. I also recommend Weather Tech mats. I get around 12-13 in the city and 19 on the highway.