ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Help me buy my next car (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302355)

Hoover 09-20-2016 10:35 AM

Help me buy my next car

The other car thread got me thinking that maybe I should ask you guys what kind of car I should buy.

Here is what you need to know.

1. I have a wife, son, and 105 lb dog (GSD).
2. I live in Iowa, so I don't want anything that would suck in bad weather.
3. My wife drives a Subaru Outback. I love it. Awesome car in shitty weather, and since its AWD, there is no guess work when to use 4WD. We have a divered so the dog stays out of the front.
4. We don't really travel with the dog, but we take her down the road to hang out with my father-in-laws GSD every day, so she's in the car twice a day.

What I'm looking for.

1. I want a vehicle with some size. If we were going to load up and go on a trip, I want a vehicle that has some cargo space.

2. Need decent gas mileage, but realize what I'll get with AWD of 4WD

3. If its over 6000, I would qualify for a business tax deduction.

4. I entertain clients, so needs to be nice.

Vehicles I've thought about.

1. New Ford F150, Chevy, GMC, Ram. - Crew Cab short box throw a topper on it for the dog. Like the idea of keeping the cabin clean.

2. I can't believe what the new Tahoes and Surburbans go for.

3. Larger mid-size SUVs, GMC Arcadia, Ford Explorer, really any mid-size SUV, would do.

4. Somedays I'm like fu@k it, and just get another Outback, but I know I'll miss the size.

hometeam 09-20-2016 11:10 AM

12+ Ford explorer or F-150 with the 2.7 ecoboost sounds perfect for what you need, new or used.

A new explorer with the 2.3 gets good fuel mileage for the size and ticks all your boxes.

I just so happen to have a ton of those, as well as the largest used car inventory near you. Lets make a deal, and you can be the 6th person in Iowa who has bought a car from me this year~

DC.chief 09-20-2016 11:25 AM

I say go for a F150. Just got one myself back in February. I have a 2013 with the 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost which is an awesome motor but it gets poor mpg. I average 13.2 mpg mostly city driving. The mpg on the newest model F150 with the aluminum body is better due to the weight difference. My brother has a 2016 with the 2.7 ecoboost and he gets about 22 mpg with mostly highway driving.

I have 2 100lb GSDs which is one reason i went with the F150. The rear seats fold up flat and give plenty of room for them. I recommend getting weathertech floor mats asap.

Tip for the mats, when the back doors are open and closed it would push the weathertech mat in and roll up the edge some. i pulled up the trim on the bottom of the door frame and tucked the mat underneath. looks clean and works well.

New World Order 09-20-2016 11:29 AM

Hometeam already closing in on the deal.

The man is a business.

Rain Man 09-20-2016 11:30 AM

The BMW X6 is cool looking, but they're not cheap. You can go Range Rover, too.

Hoover 09-20-2016 11:32 AM

Hometeam I'll look you up before I pull the trigger.

Hoover 09-20-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12438929)

Those new Range Rovers are sick. If I was an idiot I'd have one in the garage.

I just can't justify the price.

Grim 09-20-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12438929)

I've had friends who have owned Range Rovers. Not one of them would recommend it. Not one of them ever went out to buy a second one.

Rain Man 09-20-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12438937)

Holy cow. I just looked them up, and no one can justify those prices: http://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles...uv/models.html

I've never driven one. Are they magical or something?

New World Order 09-20-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12438954)
Holy cow. I just looked them up, and no one can justify those prices: http://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles...uv/models.html

I've never driven one. Are they magical or something?

They're maintenance nightmares.

Rain Man 09-20-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12438957)
They're maintenance nightmares.

Maybe, but I built a pretty nice one on their site and kept it under $100,000.

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jd...jdxpayoff.html

How much does a new Corvette go for?

hometeam 09-20-2016 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12438934)
Hometeam I'll look you up before I pull the trigger.

You can PM me ill give you my website and you can see our 2000+ used cars plus about 800 new Fords.

hometeam 09-20-2016 12:21 PM

A new land rover Discovery is essentially a Ford Explorer in a mask, except you pay a ton more for a ton less options~

Pennywise 09-20-2016 12:34 PM

Btw people, Hometeam is the ****ing heat!

luv 09-20-2016 12:37 PM

I recommend a Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo. :)

hometeam 09-20-2016 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 12439074)

http://i.imgur.com/lle2o.gif

Buehler445 09-20-2016 12:53 PM

If you can swing it get a pickup.

Wife and I are looking at an Acadia/enclave but they're damn steep too

Hoover 09-20-2016 01:14 PM

So don't you get more bang out of a pickup?

These SUVs only really seat four comfortably anyway. Plus I can tow more.

mikeyis4dcats. 09-20-2016 02:58 PM

We looked at Acadias, but ended up getting an LTZ Traverse instead. We love it. And yes, **** what they charge for a Tahoe these days. They do it because morons will pay it.

MIAdragon 09-20-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

I DD an 11 Escalade and love it.

displacedinMN 09-20-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12439365)
We looked at Acadias, but ended up getting an LTZ Traverse instead. We love it. And yes, **** what they charge for a Tahoe these days. They do it because morons will pay it.

And moms who think they need it.

I have a 2015 Ram crew cab. Good room fits 5 easy. Have a friend with a topper and it looks good. There is a V6 that can get 27 mpg.

tooge 09-20-2016 03:28 PM

Truck, truck, or you could go with a truck. Topper for the dog, plus adds tons of cargo space since they lock. Used F150 woulld be good. Used Toyota would be great, but they hold their value so well, you will spend more. I've got a 2012 Tacoma 4x4 deluxe cab with a matching topper, and it does all the stuff you are talking about plus it's cool cuz it's a truck.

O.city 09-20-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12439112)

The wife was into an Acadia pretty deep, the Denali one too. F That. Talked here into a Honda minivan. Now she says she'll never go back.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

You wouldn't be an idiot over price...

Indian Chief 09-20-2016 04:17 PM

I was reading your list, saw 1. and 2. and in my head I said, "oh he should look at a Subaru Outback" and then I saw 3. LMAO

I'll give a +1 to the F150. My father picked one up and he loves it. The premium SUVs have completely unjustifiable price tags at this point. It's really been building for the last 10 years or so, but at this point there is no reason to go that route.

tx4chiefs 09-20-2016 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 12439074)

Anythnig but a Chrysler, Doge, Jeep product. They suck!

SAUTO 09-20-2016 04:20 PM

Stay the **** away from the Acadia.

Run run fast

SAUTO 09-20-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Again, stay the **** away from the acadia

hometeam 09-20-2016 04:29 PM

I have a used Crew Cab, XLT, 4x4, 2016 F-150 with 19 miles on it. Thats your truck. Had minor transport damage, Ford bought it from the dealer, we bought it from Ford. You can buy considerably less than a new one.

Hoover 09-20-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 12439400)
Truck, truck, or you could go with a truck. Topper for the dog, plus adds tons of cargo space since they lock. Used F150 woulld be good. Used Toyota would be great, but they hold their value so well, you will spend more. I've got a 2012 Tacoma 4x4 deluxe cab with a matching topper, and it does all the stuff you are talking about plus it's cool cuz it's a truck.

I like the Toyota Tundra, but don't they get crappy gas mileage?

kccrow 09-20-2016 07:12 PM

Consider a Honda Ridgeline? A little bigger than a Colorado, a whole lot better equipped. Kinda an awesome vehicle for someone that would love a mid size SUV but wants some benefits of a truck.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12439681)
Consider a Honda Ridgeline? A little bigger than a Colorado, a whole lot better equipped. Kinda an awesome vehicle for someone that would love a mid size SUV but wants some benefits of a truck.

Might as well buy something like an F-150 that does everything a ridgeline does better for the same money~

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439471)
I have a used Crew Cab, XLT, 4x4, 2016 F-150 with 19 miles on it. Thats your truck. Had minor transport damage, Ford bought it from the dealer, we bought it from Ford. You can buy considerably less than a new one.

How much off msrp?

kccrow 09-20-2016 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439696)
Might as well buy something like an F-150 that does everything a ridgeline does better for the same money~

Might as well keep pimpin' Fords and being the salesman that you are. This is a line of shit. If you're going to buy an F150, you might as well buy a Silverado, Tundra, or Ram and get a man's truck.

Dave Lane 09-20-2016 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12438921)
Hometeam already closing in on the deal.

The man is a business.

Got to make enough money to make the change.,

And by change I mean convert his tat to a Justin Beiber tat so it looks less gay :D

TheUte 09-20-2016 07:32 PM

Get another outback, it's the best you can do or a 69 camera ls3 ss!

Buehler445 09-20-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 12439173)
So don't you get more bang out of a pickup?

These SUVs only really seat four comfortably anyway. Plus I can tow more.

Quote:

:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12439365)

Traverse is the same as an Acadia or Enclave FWIW. Wife and I just hate the look of the Traverse vs Acadia/Enclave

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12439425)
The wife was into an Acadia pretty deep, the Denali one too. F That. Talked here into a Honda minivan. Now she says she'll never go back.

Wife isn't a van gal. Plus, van's are teh gheys on country roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439461)
Stay the **** away from the Acadia.

Run run fast

Why? I haven't heard heard anything bad about them. What am I missing.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12439701)
Might as well keep pimpin' Fords and being the salesman that you are. This is a line of shit. If you're going to buy an F150, you might as well buy a Silverado, Tundra, or Ram and get a man's truck.

I'm not a salesman. I am a professional with 15 years in this industry under my belt, working for Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, and an independent dealer, as both a salesperson and a service advisor. I eat, sleep, breathe vehicles, I touch, train, and learn about them, all day every day. I have Honda, a Pontiac, and a Ford in my driveway. I calls em like I sees em regardless of brand.

As for this idea about F-150s; Ford makes the best truck on the road period. Silverado is close, Ram is farther away, and Tundras are hanging out way at the back of the pack after Titans~

Compared to a Ridgeline, An F-150 has more room, more power, more tow capacity, more utility, more off road capability, better ride, better bed size, similar fuel mileage. And, because Ridgelines are pricey and hold value well, they are also comparably priced as a full size truck.

The other brand trucks don't have near as much rear leg room as an F-150, nor the fuel mileage, but they pretty much beat out Ridgelines at the same price point as well.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12439725)
:D

Traverse is the same as an Acadia or Enclave FWIW. Wife and I just hate the look of the Traverse vs Acadia/Enclave

Wife isn't a van gal. Plus, van's are teh gheys on country roads.

Why? I haven't heard heard anything bad about them. What am I missing.

What year? 2010-2013 they were the worst rated suv iirc. Anything newer they don't know yet lol.

Ac issues, p/s issues, suspension issues, electrical issues, water pump issues...

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439738)
What year? 2010-2013 they were the worst rated suv iirc. Anything newer they don't know yet lol.

Ac issues, p/s issues, suspension issues, electrical issues, water pump issues...

Dont forget headlight bulbs melting the headlight wiring :P

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439735)
I'm not a salesman. I am a professional with 15 years in this industry under my belt, working for Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, and an independent dealer, as both a salesperson and a service advisor. I eat, sleep, breathe vehicles, I touch, train, and learn about them, all day every day. I have Honda, a Pontiac, and a Ford in my driveway. I calls em like I sees em regardless of brand.

As for this idea about F-150s; Ford makes the best truck on the road period. Silverado is close, Ram is farther away, and Tundras are hanging out way at the back of the pack after Titans~

Compared to a Ridgeline, An F-150 has more room, more power, more tow capacity, more utility, more off road capability, better ride, better bed size, similar fuel mileage. And, because Ridgelines are pricey and hold value well, they are also comparably priced as a full size truck.

The other brand trucks don't have near as much rear leg room as an F-150, nor the fuel mileage, but they pretty much beat out Ridgelines at the same price point as well.

My silverado has 40 inches of leg room in the back seat. And I average over 16 mpg.

21 on the highway.

But those eco boosts have plenty of power and I wouldnt call an f150.a girls truck.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439746)
Dont forget headlight bulbs melting the headlight wiring :P

That was included in the electrical issues.

I have actually cut those headlights apart with the hidden wires (impala) and repaired them for customers in the past lol.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

What's your ratio on this site of people trying to pilfer info from you and price shop you versus people who actually trust you to do business in good faith and take care of them? This post tells me that you're a pro, and people who buy from you are better off for it. However I know that lots of folks here want the power of the planet to get something for nothing, or are just generally skeptical of sharing personal info with this group. I can't imagine you're coming out ahead with your time here versus just selling on Facebook, or using whatever medium you use to create your own leads.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:45 PM

For some reason the site I usually look up issues on server is down at the moment or I would link the acadia page.

TrebMaxx 09-20-2016 07:46 PM

Love my F150 Super Crew cab. When I had two dogs, 70-80 lbs Australian Cattle dogs they fit great in the back. When hauling people you can do 5 with plenty of room. My FIL says it is like a limo with the leg room in the back seat. I also recommend Weather Tech mats. I get around 12-13 in the city and 19 on the highway.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439749)
My silverado has 40 inches of leg room in the back seat. And I average over 16 mpg.

21 on the highway.

But those eco boosts have plenty of power and I wouldnt call an f150.a girls truck.

2.7 ecoboost gets 23 while making over 300 and towing 8500 pounds (80% of all truck owners tow this or less)

Silverados are a close second to the F-150 and as always have the ultra-reliable LS/LQ motors which you already know my affinity for~

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439757)
What's your ratio on this site of people trying to pilfer info from you and price shop you versus people who actually trust you to do business in good faith and take care of them? This post tells me that you're a pro, and people who buy from you are better off for it. However I know that lots of folks here want the power of the planet to get something for nothing, or are just generally skeptical of sharing personal info with this group. I can't imagine you're coming out ahead with your time here versus just selling on Facebook, or using whatever medium you use to create your own leads.

Pretty easy to know who's serious and if they aren't then just don't give them your info.

And he's here anyway...might as well maybe make it worth something.

Ming the Merciless 09-20-2016 07:49 PM

I would say go for the f150 and call home team.

My brother in law just got one and the thing looks nice and the eco boost has a lot of pop. Then you can take the shell off as needed.

Call hometeam IMO

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439763)
2.7 ecoboost gets 23 while making over 300 and towing 8500 pounds (80% of all truck owners tow this or less)

Silverados are a close second to the F-150 and as always have the ultra-reliable LS/LQ motors which you already know my affinity for~

I know all about the 2.7.

It just doesnt SEEM right to me though ROFL

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439757)

I dont believe I have ever actually sold a vehicle via CP, though I dont look at time spent on CP as time 'selling', i just am putting my 2 cents in on car posts a lot~

I have had several people who in good faith tried to by something from me but for one reason or another we didnt make a deal, but mostly its free advice, free carfaxes, and some looky-looing.

LOL but I dont care about all that, im just opinionated and forum addicted TBH and not really worried about ACTUALLY selling something, though its built into my psyche when it comes to talking about car purchasing~

Ming the Merciless 09-20-2016 07:51 PM

Hey hometeam. Just out of curiousity why does tundra rate so much lower than f150

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439775)
I dont believe I have ever actually sold a vehicle via CP, though I dont look at time spent on CP as time 'selling', i just am putting my 2 cents in on car posts a lot~

I have had several people who in good faith tried to by something from me but for one reason or another we didnt make a deal, but mostly its free advice, free carfaxes, and some looky-looing.

LOL but I dont care about all that, im just opinionated and forum addicted TBH and not really worried about ACTUALLY selling something, though its built into my psyche when it comes to talking about car purchasing~

You ever worked at a dealership with Chad Biza?

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439770)
I know all about the 2.7.

It just doesnt SEEM right to me though ROFL

I hear it every day :P

those that I cant convert I just put on the old 3.5 ecoboost dance.. 375/470 with 21+ mpg and all the towing you could want in a half ton.. be still my beating heart :evil:

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Oh Burt sold a car from here. **** man I thought it was you.

Someone needs to buy something from you.

I would have if you could have gotten me my specific silverado, but you don't sell them new...

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439783)
You ever worked at a dealership with Chad Biza?

He didnt start in the car business until recently, worked at a competitor that I previously worked at, and is now at a different Machens store.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439787)
Oh Burt sold a car from here. **** man I thought it was you.

Someone needs to buy something from you.

I would have if you could have gotten me my specific silverado, but you don't sell them new...

Yea.. Burt is closer to KC proper, and I know you would have, wish I could man but thats how it goes :)

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439785)
I hear it every day :P

those that I cant convert I just put on the old 3.5 ecoboost dance.. 375/470 with 21+ mpg and all the towing you could want in a half ton.. be still my beating heart :evil:

Everyone I know that has them says they are either eco or boost...:D

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 07:55 PM

Quote:

Yeah. That's what I thought. Sales guys get used for information all the time. As if we're supposed to provide knowledge for free. No one else on Earth is expected to do that, and it's okay. We make incredible incomes doing what we do, it's just something I figured would be predictable being here as long as I have, and I'm not remotely shocked that I was more than right in my assessment. Psychological salesmanship. ;)

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439794)
Yea.. Burt is closer to KC proper, and I know you would have, wish I could man but thats how it goes :)

one of my better friends/neighbor is a Chevy dealer so I do ok. But I really think you actually care about getting people in the right car at the right price.

I beat your drum every time this comes up.

People are missing out imo.

hometeam 09-20-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12439779)
Hey hometeam. Just out of curiousity why does tundra rate so much lower than f150

Until recently they still used partially boxed frames, which hurt them all around they have lower tow capacity, less room, less power, and they are just not as rugged. They dont look (subjective) nor ride as good, and they dont work as well. They just dont do anything outstanding and full size trucks is the most competitive super segment in the industry.

They DO hold there value insanely well, even better than other trucks, because the truck buyers they appeal to are generally lighter duty, they dont do massive rebates like the other manufacturers.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439789)
He didnt start in the car business until recently, worked at a competitor that I previously worked at, and is now at a different Machens store.

I know him on a sales group on Facebook. He was at a Honda store, but he bitches wherever he's at which always means "low closer". Seems like a nice enough guy though.

Ming the Merciless 09-20-2016 07:58 PM

Thanks man

SAUTO 09-20-2016 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439798)
Yeah. That's what I thought. Sales guys get used for information all the time. As if we're supposed to provide knowledge for free. No one else on Earth is expected to do that, and it's okay. We make incredible incomes doing what we do, it's just something I figured would be predictable being here as long as I have, and I'm not remotely shocked that I was more than right in my assessment. Psychological salesmanship. ;)

Im not really a salesman but I get it too. I've gotten several.customers from here but I've given out more advice.

Never once thought twice about it.

hometeam 09-20-2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439808)
I know him on a sales group on Facebook. He was at a Honda store, but he bitches wherever he's at which always means "low closer". Seems like a nice enough guy though.

I'm not going to hammer him too bad, but hes extremely verbose about a business that he still doesnt understand fully.

He is HIGHLY active in local social media and really wears me out on a number of subjects I see him posting about lol.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439815)
Im not really a salesman but I get it too. I've gotten several.customers from here but I've given out more advice.

Never once thought twice about it.

You can't. And you're absolutely in sales. It's part of being passionate about what you do. As a fellow sales rep on the outside looking in though, we should be empathetic to one another.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439822)
I'm not going to hammer him too bad, but hes extremely verbose about a business that he still doesnt understand fully.

He is HIGHLY active in local social media and really wears me out on a number of subjects I see him posting about lol.

LMAO LMAO LMAO You know him!!!

Buehler445 09-20-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439738)

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. If I get one identified, I'll shoot you a smoke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439798)

People ask me shit all the time. And most of the times, it is my direct competitors. You wanna talk crazy, helping the competition.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 12439824)
You can't. And you're absolutely in sales. It's part of being passionate about what you do. As a fellow sales rep on the outside looking in though, we should be empathetic to one another.

Oh trust me I am.

I tell everyone looking to call hometeam.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12439832)
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. If I get one identified, I'll shoot you a smoke.

People ask me shit all the time. And most of the times, it is my direct competitors. You wanna talk crazy, helping the competition.

I had another local shop call me just last week asking what I thought about one.

Makes you feel good, that's for sure.

hometeam 09-20-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 12439720)
Got to make enough money to make the change.,

And by change I mean convert his tat to a Justin Beiber tat so it looks less gay :D

Hey.. I just saw this.

suck it hater~

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439834)
Oh trust me I am.

My man!!!

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12439832)

It's completely impossible in my industry, but I'm surrounded by ****ing snake oil salesman that are trying to convince you they're your best friend the same way they're trying to scam their clients the same thing. I work in a ****ing bad guy world. Just trying to be a good guy.

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12439822)

I fear he's going to google his name and see this in the next 4 hours. ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts 09-20-2016 08:10 PM

I don't know shit about cars. If I were to start selling them, I'd be starting all over considering I think master closers are masters at product knowledge. I commend you Hometeam, and Jasonsauto for being in love with what you do.

kccrow 09-20-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

You sound like a pompous old GM I used to work for. LOL. Eh, whatever floats your boat man. I sold cars for a few years too. Dodge, Nissan, Ford, Toyota, and Volkswagen + used everything.

Ford is great for people that don't actually use their truck for real work, the new aluminum just doesn't hold up to the pounding. Sounds fine for what Hoover is looking for, BUT an F150 is still a gigantic leap in size and handling difference from a Subaru Outback as compared to what a Ridgeline will offer him. Especially considering he is still looking at SUVs.

It's a crossover option between the two that he should at least look into instead of being ramrodded with "get an F150." I've never rode in a Ford with a better ride than a Ridgeline, but to each their own. Plus the Ridgeline is available with AWD, something he's used to. And 280 hp and 26 mpg highway is nothing to sneeze at.

Edit: I should say the aluminum doesn't hold up in some cases ( I shouldn't make brash claims ), but I've seen guys working in the woods tear that shit up pretty bad. Other than that, seems ok for the average guy.

Buehler445 09-20-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439838)
I had another local shop call me just last week asking what I thought about one.

Makes you feel good, that's for sure.

Yeah. There aren't many guys around I don't like but they are definitely in competition for acres.

lewdog 09-20-2016 08:12 PM

I think the coolest thing about Hometeam is that I've literally seen him rep almost every major car brand based on someone's question or concern. Dude may sell Ford's, but I don't consider him biased.

SAUTO 09-20-2016 08:22 PM

My silverado drives as nice as any Cadillac I've ever been in and is just as quiet.

I don't know what's different on the z71 I'm driving but it's terrible compared.

burt 09-22-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 12438866)
12+ Ford explorer or F-150 with the 2.7 ecoboost sounds perfect for what you need, new or used.

A new explorer with the 2.3 gets good fuel mileage for the size and ticks all your boxes.

I just so happen to have a ton of those, as well as the largest used car inventory near you. Lets make a deal, and you can be the 6th person in Iowa who has bought a car from me this year~

Actually, I am closer...in Olathe. Traverse? Silverado...we don't use flimsy Aluminum in our beds (see commercial)

burt 09-22-2016 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12439834)
Oh trust me I am.

HEY, DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!