ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV AMC's Next: The Killing (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242439)

Deberg_1990 04-03-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7534866)
To be fair, it's hard to judge. The pilot was a force of nature when it aired. People went crazy. Can't think of another pilot that created nearly as much water cooler talk, not even Lost.

The rest of the episodes were more conventional, until you got to Agent Cooper's famous dream sequence. The second season descended into ridiculous melodrama.

I'd suggest giving the pilot another try with your expectations set for quirky. If it finally lands with you, try the rest of the first season.

Or maybe acclimatize yourself to Lynch with some Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, and Mullholland Drive, first.

Yea i agree....Pilot was great....then series slowly went downhill. A show waaaaay ahead of its time. Looking back, i have no idea how that ever aired on network TV?

Deberg_1990 04-04-2011 06:57 AM

Wacted it last night. I really enjoyed it. It took about 20 or 30 minutes to get going, but after that i was fully invested in the mystery. Hopefully the payoff is worth it.

blaise 04-04-2011 07:13 AM

In that preview, when the dude uncovers the girl at the scuzzy guy's house, is that the guy's wife? I couldn't tell.

Deberg_1990 04-04-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7536863)
In that preview, when the dude uncovers the girl at the scuzzy guy's house, is that the guy's wife? I couldn't tell.

Spoiler!

Pasta Little Brioni 04-10-2011 09:26 AM

Really liked the first episode. Will definately continue to watch.

Tylerthigpen!1! 04-10-2011 10:07 PM

My money is on the black teacher.

Pitt Gorilla 04-11-2011 12:05 AM

Loving this show. AMC=win

Deberg_1990 04-11-2011 06:15 AM

Spoiler!

Bambi 04-11-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7553265)
Spoiler!

Watched the whole series so far last night and love it.

Not sure what that was about...maybe he's part of something bigger like a FED or something.

Holder is my favorite though, he's got that Sawyer [Lost] thing goin on and it works well in the northwest.

Linden is really good too, really like this show so far.

Los Pollos Hermanos 04-11-2011 09:48 AM

It seems odd that in the entire Seattle PD Homicide department, she's the only one who can handle this case. It's not like in Turner and Hooch where Turner was the only detective the department had.

Pitt Gorilla 04-11-2011 10:15 AM

Suspects:

1) Councilman's girlfriend/advisor
2) Dad's employee

Red Brooklyn 04-11-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7553602)
It seems odd that in the entire Seattle PD Homicide department, she's the only one who can handle this case. It's not like in Turner and Hooch where Turner was the only detective the department had.

There are a lot of odd contrivances in this series so far. But it's entertaining enough. I enjoyed the first three episodes it spite of the convenient plot set ups and chunky dialogue.

I'm still waiting for the show to distinguish itself though. It's not really any different than any other cop show. They're trying way to hard to make people care about the mystery. It's like they're forcing what came naturally with "who killed Laura Palmer?"

Also, the show makes me wanna watch The X-Files again. I mean, serious redhead, goofy, unconventional partner thrust together. And when she says his name (Holder) it sounds an awful lot like Mulder.

But, yeah. I'll keep watching. The end of the third episode was great. Really nice hook.

Red Brooklyn 04-11-2011 10:19 AM

Also -
Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 04-11-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsfansofDallas (Post 7553602)

yea, thats a cliched, contrived gimmick....i guess i can accept a few of those if the rest of the show is as solid as its been.

The thing im starting to wonder about is the politician (Billy Campbell). He obviously has something to do with the overall mystery, because if he didnt, why would they spend so much time with his character? That would be alot of time to waste on a character who isnt central to the murder.

Chiefnj2 04-11-2011 11:53 AM

Could the friend have put on Rosie's wig and witch outfit in the basement? The video didn't really show her face.