ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Can we talk about megathreads? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309332)

BlackHelicopters 08-14-2017 12:22 PM

There is a balance between two worlds
One with an arrow and a cross
Regardless of the balance
Life has become cumbersome

Buehler445 08-14-2017 12:22 PM

I'd agree. I was excited for TC. TC megathread starts. The first day I get home from work and there is 300 posts. I've got no shot at that. But consider if the following threads were available on the first day

1. Alex is kicking ass. (I'm not touching this. ****)
2. Injury report. (Worth reading. At least OP)
3. Berrys leadership role (maybe if I've got the time)
4. Interview with Mahomes about learning the offense (this looks good)
5. Peters is good (yeah. I've got that one)
6. Hill is fast (not news)

So if there are 50 posts in each I can read #4 and the posts and read the OP on injuries and I'm reading 51 posts not 300. And we all know the distribution wouldn't be even. *cough*ALEX*cough*

Eleazar 08-14-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13011987)
In most cases, I agree. I'm a bit torn on stuff like the Alex sucks thread, though. It's nice to confine that kind of bullshit to one place.

Alex Sucks should go to Romper

jjchieffan 08-14-2017 12:32 PM

Funny thing is, this thread will likely become a megathread as well. And that's good. All of the discussion of this topic should go in this thread.

Tribal Warfare 08-14-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13012099)
Funny thing is, this thread will likely become a megathread as well. And that's good. All of the discussion of this topic should go in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13011994)
You want is ironic this may become a megathread

REPOST ROFL LMAO :D

Ming the Merciless 08-14-2017 12:36 PM

I absolutely agree..megathreads suck...

And the people trying to enforce megathreads and "Q' police who get mad if you post something thats buried in a megathread also suck.

megathreads = crap

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jw2scq5RRB...0/FunMeter.gif

RippedmyFlesh 08-14-2017 12:38 PM

Maybe this is too simplistic but I believe every article about the chiefs warrants it's own thread. I would much rather go to main page and see 8 individual threads about 8 stories than see them buried in one thread. But if they were in both megathreads and individual threads I wouldn't mind in the least.

BlackHelicopters 08-14-2017 12:40 PM

Interesting and common sense approach.

Rasputin 08-14-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13011998)
No.

I like Megathreads. I keep up with the ones im interested in everyday. I like having consolidated information.

With that said, anything newsworthy should be made into a separate thread and should not referred to as a Q just because it was posted in a Megathread. No reason we can't have both.

This. Training Camp thread rocks. Is every pass thrown going start a new thread otherwise?

Ming the Merciless 08-14-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13012136)
This. Training Camp thread rocks. Is every pass thrown going start a new thread otherwise?

there has to be something in between making a new thread for every pass

and

burying a whole bunch of thread worthy items inside a mega thread

My idea would be to start a new thread for most chief related things, and then if someone WANTS to have a mega thread...they post a LINK inside the mega thread to the apporiate topic. That way both sides can be happy....the mega thread becomes like the reference manual or wiki with very useful info and links to other threads...and if someone wants to take the time to look through a huge megathread , they can...meanwhile if a topic is important it will get posts..if not it will die...but could be found via a link in the megathread..

Non chiefs stuff, I'm fine with megathreads because shit like cooking and wrestling and even royals crap I dont want to see anyway

RippedmyFlesh 08-14-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13012136)

I understand but maybe having individual daily TC threads in conjunction with the megathread. Beautiful Mahomes throws could be both places with no one being all repost police about it.

keg in kc 08-14-2017 01:12 PM

Megathreads dealing with the team completely suck for those of us who can't spend a lot of time here. I'd rather scroll through pages of thread titles looking for interesting things then try to scroll through a thousand posts in a megathread, many or most of which have nothing to do with the subject in the header (like the training camp thread...). I just don't have time to try and keep up with weeks-long ongoing discussion, and I don't really care all that much what most of the usual suspects have to say in terms of the off-topic bullshit.

Eleazar 08-14-2017 01:33 PM

I don't think anything Chiefs-related should be a megathread. It is too hard to wade through the mountains of pap in order to find useful bits of information.

If megathreads should ever exist, which they shouldn't, it should be for off-topic discussions which are of interest only to a few people.

MMXcalibur 08-14-2017 01:34 PM

A-****ing-men.

No megathreads for Chiefs related items. I get the majority of my Chiefs news from the topic titles in The Lounge and it lets me pick and choose on what areas I want more opinions on.

I'd rather have that choice then be funneled into one Training Camp megathread topic where Dane and Clay are going back-and-forth about who has the bigger micropenis (I assume that's what is going on in the thread, I haven't checked the Training Camp megathread in ages).

eDave 08-14-2017 01:34 PM

Megathreads are extremely susceptible to derailings.