ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Can we talk about megathreads? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309332)

The Franchise 08-14-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13012257)
Megathreads are extremely susceptible to derailings.

Every thread is.

DaFace 08-14-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13012263)
Every thread is.

But that's the whole point. If a megathread is derailed, all discussion basically stops. If one of 5 threads on individual topics is derailed, the others are fine.

oldman 08-14-2017 02:07 PM

I don't like megathreads on Chief related subjects. While I do have the time to wade through pages of pro-Alex vs. anti-Alex (the beauty of retirement), I don't want to.

JakeLV 08-14-2017 02:10 PM

Can we rename this thread the *****Megathread Megathread*****?

SAUTO 08-14-2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13012107)
REPOST ROFL LMAO :D

thread ban.

SAUTO 08-14-2017 02:41 PM

too soon?

saphojunkie 08-14-2017 03:07 PM

Dude, I feel you want individual threads, then start them. Think of mega threads as a dumping ground for potential individual thread info.

saphojunkie 08-14-2017 03:09 PM

I made the training camp megathread, because daily threads don't work. I suggested weekly threads though. Mods can close the thread and I will start a new one with the twitter feed.

I also explicitly said it was a repository for info and individual threads can and should be pulled from info inside the mega.

scho63 08-14-2017 04:16 PM

I hate long posts much more than a mega thread, especially if it's the OP.

Several of our members, particularly in DC are posting copies of "War and Peace" every time they are trying to make a point. Mayb e they think they are being judged by how many words they can post.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO WRAP SPOILER TAGS AROUND LONG ARTICLES?!?!?
Bring back some rules on this!

BigRedChief 08-14-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13011981)
My proposition:

Megathreads make sense for niche discussions -- Mizzou basketball, cooking tips, luv's romantic life, etc.

For Chiefs discussion, there should not be megathreads. Every article that is posted about training camp deserves its own thread (most days).

I like this idea. Megathreads are needed for non Chiefs stuff like the Cardinals and gear-head threads but the Chiefs info and discussion shouldn't be in a mega-thread.

eDave 08-14-2017 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13012571)
I made the training camp megathread, because daily threads don't work. I suggested weekly threads though. Mods can close the thread and I will start a new one with the twitter feed.

I also explicitly said it was a repository for info and individual threads can and should be pulled from info inside the mega.

Perhaps break them down by QB, O, D, RB's, Receivers, etc. I can't make my way through you training camp one sometimes as is and I think there is a lot of info that is missed and not even posted.

patteeu 08-14-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 13012293)
But that's the whole point. If a megathread is derailed, all discussion basically stops. If one of 5 threads on individual topics is derailed, the others are fine.

And, if the megathread derails, you have to wade through the derailment until the next actual news shows up. If each Chiefs news item gets it's own thread, you can catch all the news and the relevant posts that appear early in the thread and just bail when the derailment happens.

Kudos to you guys for recognizing this problem and for trying to avoid being heavy handed with a solution. If a voluntary approach doesn't work though, take a poll asking whether we like or dislike megathreads and perma ban everyone who says they like them. :)

BucEyedPea 08-14-2017 05:54 PM

I swear I will never start a Chiefs mega thread and scream repost when there's a separate Chiefs thread on another topic.

So it's all A-Okay with me.

patteeu 08-14-2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13012571)

Ban saphojunkie to make an example of him. :)

tk13 08-14-2017 06:11 PM

I still don't even think there should be a DraftPlanet forum. All Chiefs stuff should be open game in the main forum.