ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Honey Badger, The Pass Rush, and The Rush D (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=328288)

dlphg9 01-19-2020 06:09 PM

The Honey Badger, The Pass Rush, and The Rush D

Yes Patrick Mahomes and the offense are the driving force of this team, but holy shit, Tyrann Mathieu and the pass rushers on this team were huge in getting us this win today.

Mathieu is everybit as good as Eric Berry was in his prime. I was excited about the signing and he has exceeded my expectations. I never thought he'd be this good. He is such a huge role model for the young guys and is such a great leader of this D.

There was a huge difference between this year's AFCCG and last year's AFCCG. That difference was the pass rush. Last year we barely even touched Tom Brady and this year we sacked Tannehill 3 times (K. Pass 2 times and Frank Clark 1 time) and there were several times when Chris Jones was in his face. These guys got after Tannehill.

After being sucked off by the media for the last week Derrick Henry had his chance to do something I never thought possible and that was be a RB that led a team to a Super Bowl. The Chiefs D said eat my ass you over hyped piece of trash. The run D held the greatest player in the history of the world, a guy that some dipshit on national radio said he would take him in a draft over Patrick Mahomes (can't think of who the reerun was), to 69 yards on 19 carries for 3.6 ypc.

The Chiefs whipped that ass and finally brought the Lamar Hunt trophy to its home. Now we have one thing left to do this year and that is go to Miami and win the first of Patrick Mahomes' many Super Bowl's. I knew we were destined to go to the championship game this year, but it doesnt feel real. All these years of Super Bowl parties just to watch 2 teams I don't give a shit about and now I can finally watch my absolute favorite team in the world play in the biggest sporting event in the world.

I Love You All!!!

Basileus777 01-19-2020 06:11 PM

Veach ****ing did it. Most of his moves this offseason worked out. Clark, Mathieu, Thornhill, Pennel, and you can keep going.

Getting Spags has been so huge. With Sutton we were embarrassingly out-coached in the AFC championship. Now we actually have a defensive coaching staff that wins us games.

petegz28 01-19-2020 06:12 PM

Dude, this D balled out today. I know early it looked a bit timid and soft but whatever plans or adjustments Spags made worked. They took away Henry and made Tannehill beat us. And while he had a few good drives, he wasn't able to do so.

Chiefs4TheWin 01-19-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 14737251)
Veach ****ing did it. Most of his moves this offseason worked out. Clark, Mathieu, Thornhill, Pennel, and you can keep going.

Getting Spags has been so huge. With Sutton we were embarrassingly out-coached in the AFC championship. Now we actually have a defensive coaching staff that wins us games.

I'm so glad Clark either "Woke Up" or "Got it" Totally diff player from the beginning of the season. He deserves credit for turning it around.

smithandrew051 01-19-2020 06:14 PM

It’s crazy. Seems like everyone just conceded that Henry would go for 125+...and the Chiefs pretty much shut him down.

petegz28 01-19-2020 06:14 PM

Clark and Hb have played great but Dirty Dan has to be considered for playoff MVP on defense....

MeaTy The Pimp 01-19-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 14737265)
I'm so glad Clark either "Woke Up" or "Got it" Totally diff player from the beginning of the season. He deserves credit for turning it around.

Wasn't he playing injured early in the season. A pinched nerve in the neck or something like iirc...

petegz28 01-19-2020 06:25 PM

When Sorenson leveled Tannehill you got the vibe that the message had been sent....it was over

Wallcrawler 01-19-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp (Post 14737355)
Wasn't he playing injured early in the season. A pinched nerve in the neck or something like iirc...

Both elbows as well

ChiefsFanatic 01-19-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14737278)
Clark and Hb have played great but Dirty Dan has to be considered for playoff MVP on defense....

I don't think Dirty Dan "The Mormon Missile" Sorenson has ever played better back to back games in his life. These two games could put him in the ROH.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Rausch 01-19-2020 06:27 PM

Matthew completely transformed this secondary. The entire defense looks different and he was ON FIRE this game. He was everywhere making plays...

Rausch 01-19-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 14737366)
When Sorenson leveled Tannehill you got the vibe that the message had been sent....it was over

That was solid.

I'm ok with the role he's playing now. As long as he isn't a deep safety after this year keep him...

petegz28 01-19-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14737390)
That was solid.

I'm ok with the role he's playing now. As long as he isn't a deep safety after this year keep him...

I think you keep him for depth if anything

keg in kc 01-19-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeaTy The Pimp (Post 14737355)

Yes.

A few of us suspected that and nobody wanted to hear it. And now he's had something like 10 sacks in his last 8 games.

siberian khatru 01-19-2020 06:29 PM

Mathieu and Clark brought the swagger this D had been missing.