ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best Show on Television... Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119702)

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
I do love Ari Gold ... and I do love Jeremy Piven.

Anything with "The Piven" is worth watching.

KCChiefsMan 07-16-2007 01:17 AM

does anybody else want to see these movies that are on the show?

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan

Hell yeah.

Fishpicker 07-16-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

I'd want to see Medellin but Aquaman would be the lamest comic-book-movie ever.

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker
I'd want to see Medellin but Aquaman would be the lamest comic-book-movie ever.

Well, yeah. It's the lamest super hero ever.

kcxiv 07-16-2007 03:08 AM

Just seen episode 5. I dont think drama has been to much. he's what he's always been a little drama. Him and Turtle together is just $$$$. E hitting Walsh was cool. Walsh has been needing an asskicking.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

PatPatriot 07-16-2007 06:05 AM

Quote:

That's right .... you're right.

I just don't remember closure with that other agent - just the sex and poof! She was gone.

After Medellin fell through on Yom Kippur, Vince met her in a restaurant and accused her of not doing her job because she either A) didn't want ARI to get credit or B) didn't want Vince to leave for 6 months....

She stated that he wasn't really "over" ARI yet and informed him that the deal fell through because the kid, Rubenstein, had gone back to the studio head's temple and caused another scene, so the plug was pulled. It had nothing to do with her actions. Vince said something like, "Wow, I feel like such a jerk. Where do we go now?". And she said something like, "We get on with our lives."

She got up and wiggled her fine ass of the screen... I'm surprised you don't remember that.....

keg in kc 07-16-2007 04:12 PM

Maybe a repost. My ass is too lazy to look.

http://medellinthefilm.com/

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatPatriot
After Medellin fell through on Yom Kippur, Vince met her in a restaurant and accused her of not doing her job because she either A) didn't want ARI to get credit or B) didn't want Vince to leave for 6 months....

She stated that he wasn't really "over" ARI yet and informed him that the deal fell through because the kid, Rubenstein, had gone back to the studio head's temple and caused another scene, so the plug was pulled. It had nothing to do with her actions. Vince said something like, "Wow, I feel like such a jerk. Where do we go now?". And she said something like, "We get on with our lives."

She got up and wiggled her fine ass of the screen... I'm surprised you don't remember that.....

Oh man - I do now ... thanks.

I guess what I was missing was a big Ari "down on his knees" scene, but he did get Medellin. My complaints right now, though I love the show so it's not really "complaints," are:
1. Too much Johnny Drama - he's a caricature character anyway, not a 'real' character
2. They're forcing Lloyd into scenes too much. I preferred Ari making fun of him
3. More Ari, more ARI, MORE ARI! ... and less Johnny Drama
And Vince going broke was a bad angle I thought ... Johnny having more money (and more lines) and a better place to live than Vince is a bad development.

But overall, it's still one of my Top 3 shows on TV. Behind maybe only LOST and The Office.

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 05:22 PM

Obviously Billy has become a fulltime regular now too ... they're gonna be making this 'Leaves' movie together for awhile now it looks like.

I like the Billy Walsh character alot.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Oh man - I do now ... thanks.

I guess what I was missing was a big Ari "down on his knees" scene, but he did get Medellin. My complaints right now, though I love the show so it's not really "complaints," are:[indent]1. Too much Johnny Drama - he's a caricature character anyway, not a 'real' character

Johnny Drama is a real guy - he's buddies with Wahlberg. They were shooting a round of golf just behind us a few weeks back at Wilshire Country club. That said, he's a perfect character and not a caricature. Believe me, there are a lot of "Johnny Drama's" in this town.

Quote:

2. They're forcing Lloyd into scenes too much. I preferred Ari making fun of him

Fully disagree. The characters on the show need to change and grow. Otherwise, it'll become stagnant. The writers have done an excellent job of maturing the characters. Well, all but Turtle.

Quote:

And Vince going broke was a bad angle I thought ... Johnny having more money (and more lines) and a better place to live than Vince is a bad development.

Fully disagree. They're showing that not everyone can stay on top and that entertainment world is cyclical. I think it's even more entertaining to see Johnny succeed while Vince is struggling. There's a dynamic there that wouldn't exist if both characters were successful. And again, it would be boring if both characters stayed the same in their respective careers throughout the life of the series.

In case you weren't aware, there are 20 episodes to Season 4 (just like Season 3). So 20 episodes with the characters going nowhere would get old fast.

BroncoBuff 07-17-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Disagree, disagree, disagree.

That's fine ... I understand where you're coming from.

You realize the show is loosely based on Mark Wahlberg's experiences, right? And the "Harvey" is a reference to ass-hat Miramax chief Harvey Weinstein? Your avatar says "Hollywood," so I assume you know all that. I'm surprised you don't agree that the Lloyd character is being forced too much ... that was the easy observation for me.

And keeping Vince the rich and working character, with Johnny less-talented and scavenging, is not exactly "going nowhere" with the characters. The great majority of characters in sitcoms never change jobs or financial conditions - of course hour-long dramas are different. I just happened to find it a bit jarring when Johnny is giving Vince a place to live.

And I lived in BH for 9 years - the little corner of it there on Hamilton Drive. There's no such thing as an annexation going on between those cities. Funny episode, though ... Tobolowsky is money as a character actor.

KCChiefsMan 07-17-2007 12:38 AM

Billy Walsh is being pretty unreasonable, but then again most drug addict artists probably are

KCChiefsMan 07-22-2007 07:33 PM

about 30 minutes till the show starts!

ZootedGranny 07-22-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

**** no. The concept of the Medellin movie is awesome, but Vince looks more like Tony Clifton than Escobar.

I watch this show every week, despite loathing it. It's like Sex and the City for men.