ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft How would you like this? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264920)

58-4ever 10-09-2012 09:04 PM

How would you like this?

It actually seems like a somewhat likely scenario:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

http://walterfootball.com/images/fball/chiefsb_logo.gif Kansas City Chiefs: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas http://walterfootball.com/college/Arkansas_logo.gif
It's pretty evident that the Chiefs will need to admit they were wrong and move on from Matt Cassel. I'm sorry, Eric Winston, but he's just too limited to command a winning team in today's pass-happy NFL, and he's become a turnover machine in the wake of Charlie Weis' departure. The fans obviously know it too based on the reaction they supposedly had when he suffered a concussion.

Kansas City has to take a quarterback; in fact, the front office may have to trade up to acquire one.

Mr_Tomahawk 10-09-2012 09:07 PM

MGRS13 10-09-2012 09:07 PM

Geno, Wilson, Murry, hell even Barkly, just give me one.

In58men 10-09-2012 09:09 PM

I'm horny

RustShack 10-09-2012 09:10 PM

Maybe Quinn does pretty well this year, but we are still able to draft a QB in the first round. Then we sit said QB for a year, and Quinn really busts out. Then we have two QB's, and can flip Quinn for a first round pick.. or more.

AustinChief 10-09-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8997424)
Maybe Quinn does pretty well this year, but we are still able to draft a QB in the first round. Then we sit said QB for a year, and Quinn really busts out. Then we have two QB's, and can flip Quinn for a first round pick.. or more.

The Drew Brees maneuver!

MGRS13 10-09-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Nope Quinn sorta sucks. But Qb in first round? Hell yea!

RustShack 10-09-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGRS13 (Post 8997432)
Nope Quinn sorta sucks. But Qb in first round? Hell yea!

Kyle Orton was worse in his first 12 starts. He didn't bust out until his first year in Denver, which would have been one year ago for Quinn. Not out of the question for Quinn to do well here. He would be very far from the first late bloomer.

KCDC 10-09-2012 09:24 PM

While I don't believe in drafting a QB in the first round just so you can say you have a first round QB, the upcoming draft seems the perfect opportunity to take one of three or four excellent prospects in the first round. I will be upset if we don't take one in the first round.

DJ's left nut 10-09-2012 09:36 PM

Wilson isn't actually any good.

I'd rather trade up for Geno.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8997470)

This.

Give up the ****ing house for Geno.

WV 10-09-2012 09:38 PM

I want Geno!

Dayze 10-09-2012 09:42 PM

If we are at 6 and 1-5 Teams shakes out like that, I do everything possible to get Geno. Lord knows Pioli can't pick contributors in the other rounds anyway

jd1020 10-09-2012 09:44 PM

You guys sure have a lot of faith in the team with the #1 pick, who is also very likely to be looking for a QB, is going to willingly give up the rights to a QB like Geno.

Simply Red 10-09-2012 09:45 PM

Peyton Manning

mcaj22 10-09-2012 09:46 PM

Pioli will pick one of those highly projected LSU DTs in the top 10.

Round 1. LSU 5 tech
Round 2. Midget skill player or offensive lineman
Round 3. awful slow CB
Round 4. Some crappy TE
Round 5. QB project
Round 6. Some white OLBer from some D3 school
Round 7. Punter so he can replace Colquitt.

suds79 10-09-2012 09:47 PM

I'm good with it.

My 1st choice is Geno but if we can't get him, I'd take Wilson over Barkley. I think his skills are better.

DJ's left nut 10-09-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8997488)
You guys sure have a lot of faith in the team with the #1 pick, who is also very likely to be looking for a QB, is going to willingly give up the rights to a QB like Geno.

Then move up for Barkley or move back and take Bray or even Logan Thomas.

I just don't get the Wilson love.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8997497)
I'm good with it.

My 1st choice is Geno but if we can't get him, I'd take Wilson over Barkley. I think his skills are better.

I wouldn't touch Wilson with a first rounder at this point. Based on this season, he's going to slide.

The only "sure thing" so far is Geno, although the Combine always reveals more candidates.

suds79 10-09-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8997500)
I wouldn't touch Wilson with a first rounder at this point. Based on this season, he's going to slide.

The only "sure thing" so far is Geno, although the Combine always reveals more candidates.

Yeah he's had a shakey season that's for sure. Don't know if it's all that's gone on at Arkansas this year or what. Still, think I'd still roll the dice on him over Barkley.

DaneMcCloud 10-09-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8997507)
Yeah he's had a shakey season that's for sure. Don't know if it's all that's gone on at Arkansas this year or what. Still, think I'd still roll the dice on him over Barkley.

It's too early to make that type of decision. Plus, Barkley has shown maturity by staying his senior season when he would have been a Top Ten pick whereas there are serious questions about Wilson's maturity level.

suds79 10-09-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8997517)
It's too early to make that type of decision. Plus, Barkley has shown maturity by staying his senior season when he would have been a Top Ten pick whereas there are serious questions about Wilson's maturity level.

Yeah I'm not firm on that decision yet. While I don't like Barkley's arm strength, I'll admit it's relatively overrated. I do like his experience.

WV 10-09-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8997488)

Who is more QB needy than we are? NO ONE!

jd1020 10-11-2012 04:13 AM

37. Kansas City Chiefs: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Kansas City's new quarterback will need a new receiver if Dwayne Bowe leaves. I wouldn't spend the money on Bowe; he's overrated because he's inconsistent and piles up most of his stats in garbage time. He was responsible for both of Matt Cassel's interceptions against the Ravens.

So... how are we feeling about his opinion now?

007 10-11-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9000909)
Kansas City's new quarterback will need a new receiver if Dwayne Bowe leaves. I wouldn't spend the money on Bowe; he's overrated because he's inconsistent and piles up most of his stats in garbage time. He was responsible for both of Matt Cassel's interceptions against the Ravens.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...1xnko1_500.gif

rico 10-11-2012 05:13 AM

I'm not convinced of Wilson's greatness.....but I could probably warm up to the idea of drafting him. The only 4 that I want the Chiefs to even consider drafting, in order, are 1.) Geno Smith, 2.) Barkley, 3.) Tyler Bray, 4.) Tyler Wilson.

I haven't seen much Barkley this year, but was ok with what I saw of him last year. Thought he was a tad overrated, but pretty good. I'll never forget the 2011 USC vs. Stanford game. That was fun.

rico 10-11-2012 05:15 AM

I was all about Bray before hearing of his arrest and then seeing that hideous tattoo. He kind of seems like a d-bag.

rico 10-11-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Is he this year's Kendall Wright? I was a big fan of Wright last year and thought he bailed RG3 out of a substantial amount of potential over-throws. I honestly wasn't sure if RG3 was going to live up to the hype this year and thought for sure that 1 of either Wright or RG3 would be a bust..... RG3 is obviously not appearing to be a bust and Wright has done a very nice job this year as well.

mdchiefsfan 10-11-2012 05:31 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9we5etLb71qhyp63.gif

wutamess 10-11-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Dead spot on. Been saying for years that Bowe isn't clutch and his stats are padded during garbage time. Not when it matters. Whoever wrote this really follows the Chiefs and not just some national publication blanket coverage type person.

jd1020 10-11-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 9000927)
Is he this year's Kendall Wright? I was a big fan of Wright last year and thought he bailed RG3 out of a substantial amount of potential over-throws. I honestly wasn't sure if RG3 was going to live up to the hype this year and thought for sure that 1 of either Wright or RG3 would be a bust..... RG3 is obviously not appearing to be a bust and Wright has done a very nice job this year as well.

I really don't know shit about Austin. I just thought it was interesting that after drafting McCluster and Wylie that we would, yet again, be drafting a 5'9 speed receiver to replace a 6'3 220lb receiver.

Rausch 10-11-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 9000933)
Dead spot on. Been saying for years that Bowe isn't clutch and his stats are padded during garbage time. Not when it matters. Whoever wrote this really follows the Chiefs and not just some national publication blanket coverage type person.

I completely agree that Pioli (if still here) will let Bowe walk.

That said I don't think there's a chance in hell he spends a top 10 pick on a QB.

ZERO.

None.

Will not ****ing happen...

Sofa King 10-11-2012 07:27 AM

He HAS to pile up his stats in garbage time, it's the only ****ing time we'll throw the goddamn ball. Jesus....

Steron 10-11-2012 07:30 AM

Geno Smith for me.

bevischief 10-11-2012 07:36 AM

Geno Smith, Geno Smith, Geno Smith!!!

Molitoth 10-11-2012 08:10 AM

Geno Smith or bust. Trade up for Geno no matter what it takes.

Fish 10-11-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 9000933)

If we didn't have a QB who only excels during garbage time, I might be inclined to believe that....

Chief Roundup 10-11-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8997500)

Based on this season...Arkansas has a new head coach that sucks ass. Under Petrino who runs a pro style of offense Wilson looked really good. At least Wilson called his teammates out for not trying hard and giving the same effort that they have in the past. He seems like a leader.

Chief Roundup 10-11-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

What?? I take it you haven't watched Arkansas play the last couple of years. Wilson is a lot better than Mallett. He doesn't have near the attitude that Mallett has. And has put up better numbers with the same team. Until this year which has been horrible because of the coaching. John L. Smith will not be retained next season.

suds79 10-11-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9001203)
Based on this season...Arkansas has a new head coach that sucks ass. Under Petrino who runs a pro style of offense Wilson looked really good. At least Wilson called his teammates out for not trying hard and giving the same effort that they have in the past. He seems like a leader.

It wasn't that long ago this was "the guy" people were talking about around here.

He was looking to be right up there with Barkley.

Now after a disasterous season with turnover you tellin me the guy has simply lost it?

The way things seem to be going, Geno will go 1 with Barkley going somewhere around there also. If this guy is our consolation prize, we could do worse. ;)

But have to see more. I'll admit I've been recording a lot of WV's games on TV this year... Have to see if I can check out more of Arkansas.

suds79 10-11-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Everybody keeps saying that. What makes people think the #1 team (possibly Cleveland) would possibly do that???

That's like saying we should have traded with Indy to get luck.

If that #1 team thinks Geno is the man, there's no way to trade into that spot.

Rausch 10-11-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9001175)
Geno Smith or bust. Trade up for Geno no matter what it takes.

If that's what you want you need to be firmly on the "fire Pioli" bandwagon...

soopamanluva 10-11-2012 08:50 AM

I just hope it isn't a repeat of 83 and out of all the Qb's we pick the worst one of them all.

Molitoth 10-11-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9001229)
If that's what you want you need to be firmly on the "fire Pioli" bandwagon...

I've quoted many times...
"Cassel is the problem, and Pioli is the root of the problem."

Pioli's loyalty to Cassel, his subpar drafts, the fact that good players (Manning) won't even consider working for him, and the way he shuts out the media and runs this franchise is a complete joke. The douchebag needs to go.

I am surely on the Fire Pioli train, and I don't see how you would think of me otherwise.

Just because I don't run around saying I want Brady Quinn to fail miserably and say he is worse than Cassel doesn't mean I don't want Pioli gone and Geno Smith drafted.

Having 2 good QB's is better than 1.

If Brady Quinn tears it up this year, it may give Geno Smith a year to sit the bench and learn. OR give us some trade value for Quinn.
Rooting for Quinns failure does not solve anything.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 08:58 AM

Half mast

Jewish Rabbi 10-11-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9001225)
Everybody keeps saying that. What makes people think the #1 team (possibly Cleveland) would possibly do that???

That's like saying we should have traded with Indy to get luck.

If that #1 team thinks Geno is the man, there's no way to trade into that spot.

Probably because Cleveland spent a 1st rounder on a QB last year.

jd1020 10-11-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9001351)

Gonna pass up on a 22 year old heisman candidate putting up a year similar to RG3 last season because they drafted a 28 year old, that turns 29 in 3 days, QB who's playing like shit.

Logical.

suds79 10-11-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 9001351)

If that's what people are baking on, I'll just say good luck with that.

No it's looking like this is the Luck sweepstakes all over again.

You want him? You've got to earn it and be in the right spot.... No trade going to happen.

Molitoth 10-11-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9001357)
Gonna pass up on a 22 year old heisman candidate putting up a year similar to RG3 last season because they drafted a 28 year old, that turns 29 in 3 days, QB who's playing like shit.

Logical.

Honestly, I think the Browns would trade out of the pick.
They have a lot of holes they could fill with extra draft picks.

The teams I could see making a big move up for Geno would be:
Dallas: if Romo doesn't go somewhere in the playoffs. (although I dunno how many picks they have to give up since they traded up last year).
Jets: the town has given up on Sanchez.
Bucs: I don't see them moving UP to get him, but they would draft him if he was available.
Chiefs: I don't Pioli moving UP to get him. He will draft some piece of shit like Landry Jones.

jd1020 10-11-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9001372)
Honestly, I think the Browns would trade out of the pick.
They have a lot of holes they could fill with extra draft picks.

Take Brady away from NE and how many holes open up?
Take Brees away from NO and how many holes open up?
Take Rodgers away from GB and how many holes open up?

This is a QB league. A franchise QB plugs a lot of holes. If you hit on that 1 player you are a contender.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-11-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9001384)

This is a QB league. A franchise QB plugs a lot of holes. If you hit on that 1 player you are a contender.

THIS. Those teams have HUGE, gaping holes yet amazing what happens when you have a QB that can move the chains and put the ball in the endzone a consistent amount of time.

Molitoth 10-11-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9001384)

I understand, you make a good point that I agree with.

I just don't see the Browns giving up on Weeden so fast either.

jd1020 10-11-2012 09:43 AM

If Weeden was your typical drafted player I would agree, but he isn't. He's going to be 29 years old in 3 days.

lcarus 10-11-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8997476)
This.

Give up the ****ing house for Geno.

Hell if shit keeps going the way it's been going, we may not have to move up at all to get Geno.

Chiefnj2 10-11-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9001417)
I understand, you make a good point that I agree with.

I just don't see the Browns giving up on Weeden so fast either.

New owner will likely choose a new GM etc.

Molitoth 10-11-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9001423)
If Weeden was your typical drafted player I would agree, but he isn't. He's going to be 29 years old in 3 days.

This just shows how stupid the Browns are...

If the Browns are that stupid to waste a high pick on Weeden and only give him a year...
What's to make you think they aren't stupid enough to pass on Geno Smith?

If Pioli is still here, I can totally see him being stupid enough to pass on Geno.

But yeah, if there is a new GM in Cleveland next season, I can see them taking Geno.

kaplin42 10-11-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Everyone that thinks Quinn will do well this year is lying to themselves. Much worse, you are perpetuating the problem that we are facing today. Quinn is NOT the QBotF, when will we stop settling for other teams washouts and backups and start getting a chance at real QB's here.

The whole banner thing was not just about Cassel, even though he received and deserved a lot of the blame. It's more about Pioli and even Clark to a greater extent setting this team up to fail. We have some quality players at some positions, but beyond that we have shite. And at the most important position on the field we have complete and total shite at all 3 roster spots.

So stop championing another failed experiment or band aid. Let's fix the problem and actually become a real NFL team.

bevischief 10-11-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9001213)
What?? I take it you haven't watched Arkansas play the last couple of years. Wilson is a lot better than Mallett. He doesn't have near the attitude that Mallett has. And has put up better numbers with the same team. Until this year which has been horrible because of the coaching. John L. Smith will not be retained next season.

He talking about Geno Smith West Virgina QB.

Chief Roundup 10-11-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9001526)
He talking about Geno Smith West Virgina QB.

I went and looked to double check. He said Wilson is not any good.

DJ's left nut 10-11-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9001203)

What?

A) Petrino runs a 'pro-style offense' in the same way Dana Holgorsen does. Petrino ran a pure spread offense with deep crossing routes designed to allow Wilson to throw it up to his skill players. Wilson's reads were limited at best and he was rarely asked to go through progressions. No, Petrino did not run a conventional offense and in fact John L. Smith runs a far more conventional O than Petrion did.

B) Wilson called out his teammates in a game he didn't play. He seems like a shithead that would say "I can't throw the ball and catch it". If you don't think your teammates are trying hard, you tape up your ouchies instead of ducking Alabama and you get in their faces in the locker room. You don't, however, skip the game and then publicly throw them under the bus. What he's done is the exact opposite of what a leader should do. If Bray or Cutler did it, we'd call them turbo-douches for it.

In closing: Everything you said in this post is wrong. But you're welcome to continue seeing what you want to see in Tyler Wilson.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 10:55 AM

Geno = Elite arm, lightning-quick release, INCREDIBLE attitude, upbeat personality, smart, motivated, very athletic, just barely a notch below Andrew Luck and that's only because Luck is bigger and able to make more plays with his feet

Wilson = Pretty good arm, lightning-quick release, (maybe?) motivated, and none of those other things

Yeah... the difference is pretty ****ing clear to me

RealSNR 10-11-2012 10:57 AM

Tyler "Jay Cutler with not quite the arm strength" Wilson

DJ's left nut 10-11-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9001651)
I went and looked to double check. He said Wilson is not any good.

He isn't.

He's overrated and mediocre. And I said this last season when everyone was touting him (when I was also the first guy to put Geno's name out there at all). I went back and found as much as I could find online and then watched a couple of his games to end the season.

He's a product of his system and his weapons. Without the wealth of weapons and an arcade system at his disposal, he's been turnover prone and has done little more than rack up RAC yards through Cobi Hamilton and swing passes in garbage time.

He's not a franchise caliber signal caller and his ceiling is below both Bray and Geno's, perhaps even with Barkley's but less likely to be reached.

But I should totally defer to the guy that thinks 'leadership' is derived from pussing out of the biggest game of the season and then calling your teammates effort into question publicly.

BlackHelicopters 10-11-2012 10:59 AM

The thought of Brady Quinn starting a game gives me the chills.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 04:14 PM

DJ's Left Nut:

Let's assume teams ignore the red flags and rate Tyler Wilson as the third QB on the board. Bray and Murray wait until 2014, and Logan Thomas and Tajh Boyd never really get anything going.

How would you compare Tyler Wilson to Ryan Tannehill? Last year Tannehill was that QB that nobody really wanted to like, and if the Chiefs traded up to go get him, there would have been a pretty sizable number of unhappy customers around here.

The thing is, Wilson seems inferior to Tannehill in all the areas that count except for collegiate experience. Yet if the Chiefs have to settle for Wilson as the guy they draft, I doubt I'll be seeing that many unhappy posters.

What do you think? Would you rather have Tannehill or Wilson?

jd1020 10-11-2012 04:29 PM

Would you like this better?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Rob Rang | Dane Brugler

#Team Updated: 10/11/12 | Updated: 10/9/12
1 Chiefs Geno Smith, QB West Virginia | Geno Smith, QB West Virginia

RealSNR 10-11-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9002712)
Would you like this better?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

Rob Rang | Dane Brugler

#Team Updated: 10/11/12 | Updated: 10/9/12
1 Chiefs Geno Smith, QB West Virginia | Geno Smith, QB West Virginia

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...ib3wo1_400.jpg

Blick 10-11-2012 04:53 PM

No to Wilson. #teamgeno

Huge yes to Tavon Austin in the 2nd round. Don't think he'll make it out of the 1st.

Easy 6 10-11-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

NIIICE :thumb: