ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Cleveland Guardians? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339157)

ThaVirus 07-23-2021 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15751774)
Would have been more fun if they would have kept the name and changed but gave it an India vibe, they have plenty of wicked looking Gods to choose from I believe.

There are still over a billion people worldwide who practice Hinduism. It's just best not to use their actual gods as mascots/logos.

MMXcalibur 07-23-2021 09:43 AM

Guardians sounds generic and forgettable.
That logo....yeesh.

KCUnited 07-23-2021 09:44 AM

I guess the Cleveland Oh Shit The River's On Fire Again doesn't really roll off the tongue

L.A. Chieffan 07-23-2021 09:45 AM

So, Chiefs is gonna be gone soon right?

Bowser 07-23-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 15751812)

Probably inevitable at this point

Chiefaholic 07-23-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 15751782)
Better than the old racist name and mascot. Racists might disagree.

Not sure if trolling or not.... :hmmm:

However if you disagree with my OPINION, then feel free to refer to yourself as one of the multiple "ist" that's popular when in a public debate.

stevieray 07-23-2021 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15751821)

Kansas City Gehas

But hey, you can sleep at night with a clear conscience.

Always look on the bright side of BS.

mr. tegu 07-23-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15751821)

It’s best if we eliminate as much Native American imagery as possible you know.

Deberg_1990 07-23-2021 09:59 AM

I will agree the mascot/image of Chief Wahoo was insensitive and racist. Not sure about the name “Indians” though….

morphius 07-23-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15751801)
There are still over a billion people worldwide who practice Hinduism. It's just best not to use their actual gods as mascots/logos.

Oh, you are no fun. I just wanted to see what their reaction would be, they might think it is pretty cool. I've driven past their temples, they don't seem to have an issue with displaying their gods. Karna has a pretty unique lightning bow thing that could work as a logo. "no, no, that isn't a native american bow, that is an India indian god bow".

morphius 07-23-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 15751812)

I still think, if they wanted to, they could get ahead of it by utilizing Chiefs from different cultures. Most civilizations had a Chief you could choose from, and we use the name in our military as well, so we could even have some of them. We have chosen to be more inclusive and celebrate Chiefs from around the world...

ptlyon 07-23-2021 10:18 AM

And if they wanted to, they could just say "Because **** you. That's why."

Wisconsin_Chief 07-23-2021 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 15751856)
I still think, if they wanted to, they could get ahead of it by utilizing Chiefs from different cultures. Most civilizations had a Chief you could choose from, and we use the name in our military as well, so we could even have some of them. We have chosen to be more inclusive and celebrate Chiefs from around the world...

Yep, if you ever see the mob come after Hunt and this organization to the point where they have no choice, they will just rebrand rather than rename. The term 'Chief' is not trademarked by Native Americans last time I checked.

A military style uniform would be pretty badass now that you mention it, and also rub it in the face of the mob who forced the change. Perfect solution.

I still don't think it'll be an issue though. The Chiefs and Braves both really have solid ground to stand on, there's nothing offensive about their brands and anything that was, they've already eliminated.

gblowfish 07-23-2021 10:30 AM

Spiders, Rocks, Steamers, Clinics ALL would have been better. I hate this PC crap.

Frazod 07-23-2021 10:30 AM

Guardians? What the **** are they guarding? :spock:

Obviously I never gave it much thought, or gave a shit, but it seems like Cleveland Rockers would have been a better choice. The logo could have been a baseball with a guitar neck coming out of it, or a guitar with baseball stitching on it. Direct tie in to a local tourist draw. Mascot could have been somebody playing a guitar. Wouldn't have offended anybody. Hell, many locals might have even embraced it.

Probably makes too much sense for the woke crowd, though.