ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smiff says Mahomes making him and former Chiefs QB's look bad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318699)

Naptown Chief 11-08-2018 04:31 AM

I always think of Mr Smee from Peter Pan when I think of Smith. That is all

Reerun_KC 11-08-2018 06:47 AM

1-5 in playoffs.

No TDS to WRs for entire year

5 wasted years

Anyone who starts threads about Alex smith should be banned.

Reerun_KC 11-08-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13877672)
Exaxtly... Smith was a good to great game manager. He was consistent as a QB which is pretty much what you want from a QB who's not elite. At least you can game plan around that which Reid was able to do. The problem was that whenever shit went wrong like in the playoffs he couldn't over come that. It's so frustrating though that we probably were a Jamaal Charles/Travis Kelce/Jeremy Maclin injury away from beating the Colts, Patriots and Titans in the playoffs. Those are tough losses for any team, especially one with Smith at QB. It's just frustrating as a chiefs fan how much those injuries affected the chiefs the last 5 years.

But I'm happy as hell he was our QB. Without his consistency and ability to at least keep us in contention, we might have reached for a QB years ago and we'd be sitting here trying to lie to ourselves that Jameis Winston/Mariota or some other bum that was drafted the past few drafts is a franchise qb. Smith was good enough to let us wait out for the perfect QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skins fans are trying to figure out a way to get out of that contract. We wasted 5 years and accomplished nothing with him. Now it’s their turn to wallow in the feces that is Alex Smith.

Smith never lifted the team around him here to anything other than checkdowns.

Sandy Vagina 11-08-2018 07:19 AM

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kOd8...0172.jpg.0.jpg

... but that's one sexy bazillionaire though, amirite? :p

WhiteWhale 11-08-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13877701)
He's BAD. He can't get through a sentences without stumbling over his words. I don't blame him though. I blame CBS for putting him in that situation. Trent Green used to be like that but he worked preseason games until he was a good commentator and then CBs finally started letting him work regular season games. Arians went straight to regular season/national games and it shows in how unnatural he is
Posted via Mobile Device

Whatever man. I just hope in the next game he wears all white and brings a bucket of chicken with him.

If you're going to groom yourself to have the appearance of colonel sanders, you might as well dress the part and bring a prop..

htismaqe 11-08-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 13877701)
He's BAD. He can't get through a sentences without stumbling over his words. I don't blame him though. I blame CBS for putting him in that situation. Trent Green used to be like that but he worked preseason games until he was a good commentator and then CBs finally started letting him work regular season games. Arians went straight to regular season/national games and it shows in how unnatural he is
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep, he's terrible. No "mic presence" at all.

Pitt Gorilla 11-08-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13878097)
Whatever man. I just hope in the next game he wears all white and brings a bucket of chicken with him.

If you're going to groom yourself to have the appearance of colonel sanders, you might as well dress the part and bring a prop..

I could somehow hear him sitting in his recliner, his pbr on the end table, and his nut scratching between bathroom visits to “see a man about a horse.”

Shaid 11-08-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13876560)
Yes

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you. Fouts is awful too but Arians is atrocious.

Chief Pagan 11-08-2018 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13877798)
Smith never lifted the team around him here to anything other than checkdowns.

No, he never lifted the team around him. But there have been plenty of QB's with multiple starts, during Smith's career, that have actively dragged their teams down. Maybe it is just semantics, but those are the QB's I would call bad.

If Smith was as bad as some of you argue, we wouldn't have gotten what we did trading Smith at this point in his career, nobody is going to expect him to turn over a new leaf.

But whatever. I'm thrilled the team gave up on game manager and rolled the dice for a QB with a huge upside.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13878693)
No, he never lifted the team around him. But there have been plenty of QB's with multiple starts, during Smith's career, that have actively dragged their teams down. Maybe it is just semantics, but those are the QB's I would call bad.

If Smith was as bad as some of you argue, we wouldn't have gotten what we did trading Smith at this point in his career, nobody is going to expect him to turn over a new leaf.

But whatever. I'm thrilled the team gave up on game manager and rolled the dice for a QB with a huge upside.

Smiff is an accurate reflection of the mediocrity of the league overall, a complete and total, "let's just all save our jobs"-kind of QB that offers nothing to fans who want to see their team actually DO something in life.
I generally feel nothing for other fan bases, but Washington has my complete sympathy.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2018 03:35 PM

Alex Smith is the blueprint for how to stick around and make a lot of money. Check it down, make a few plays with your legs, never take a risky throw. You may never win shit in the playoffs but you can Marty your way to a long career.

CoMoChief 11-08-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 13878723)
Alex Smith is the blueprint for how to stick around and make a lot of money. Check it down, make a few plays with your legs, never take a risky throw. You may never win shit in the playoffs but you can Marty your way to a long career.

In fairness to Alex...he's lucky to have been in the league as long as he has.

SF stuck w/ him through a bunch of coaching staff changes.

Usually that doesn't happen, esp through as many coaches he's been through. I believe if Alex had played for Philly instead of McNabb (just for sake of argument), his early days of his career would have been much better.

And once he finally settled down w/ a winning QB friendly coach, he got inj and then was replaced with a flashier guy with the hot hand.

So really, all things considered, Alex is extremely lucky to have lasted as long as he has. His NFL career path and environment he's had to deal w/ is a flat out recipe for disaster for any young player, let alone a ****ing QB who went 1st overall in the draft.

He choked when it mattered other than the Indy playoff game. He never got KC fans a SB, but he got us the next best thing...he helped groom a super talented QB who was ready his 1st start ...someone that could lead us to multiple SB's down the road...hell maybe even this yr.

And for that we owe Alex Smith a huge thanks.

BigCatDaddy 11-08-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13879272)
In fairness to Alex...he's lucky to have been in the league as long as he has.

SF stuck w/ him through a bunch of coaching staff changes.

Usually that doesn't happen, esp through as many coaches he's been through. I believe if Alex had played for Philly instead of McNabb (just for sake of argument), his early days of his career would have been much better.

And once he finally settled down w/ a winning QB friendly coach, he got inj and then was replaced with a flashier guy with the hot hand.

So really, all things considered, Alex is extremely lucky to have lasted as long as he has. His NFL career path and environment he's had to deal w/ is a flat out recipe for disaster for any young player, let alone a ****ing QB who went 1st overall in the draft.

He choked when it mattered other than the Indy playoff game. He never got KC fans a SB, but he got us the next best thing...he helped groom a super talented QB who was ready his 1st start ...someone that could lead us to multiple SB's down the road...hell maybe even this yr.

And for that we owe Alex Smith a huge thanks.

So he gets credit for being the starter when Mahomes arrived? Does anyone actually think it mattered who the starter was when Mahomes arrived and things would be anything different than what they are now? Only a ****ing idiot.

Skyy God 11-09-2018 09:36 AM

Fun Alex fact: he’s neither relinquished a lead this season nor led his team back from a deficit of any kind.

https://deadspin.com/these-are-my-tw...ats-1830333870