ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How much time do you put in at work? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269726)

Easy 6 02-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9380921)
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny

Thats nifty.

1ChiefsDan 02-05-2013 06:54 PM

I voted 0. Been unemployed since May 1 of last year.

However, I just accepted a position with Cricket Communications and will be willing to work as much as needed.

Bwana 02-05-2013 06:55 PM

It depends on what's going on. There are weeks I put in 80 hours, but I always make up for that with some working hours in the mountains, if you catch my drift.

2bikemike 02-05-2013 07:02 PM

I work 12 hour shifts, 3 days one week and 4 the next. Just finished my 4 days for this week and don't have to be back to work for one week on Wed. Happens like that every month. I love my job!

SAUTO 02-05-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9380709)
I'll be honest, running my own business and being 100% self reliant on my income scares the shit out of me. It's a big change.

I was just around your age when I did the exact same thing. Bought out the guy who had been paying me.

First thing is put in a no-compete clause. I did.
yes it was very scary, but I knew how to run the work side, which I'm sure you know all about.

Scheduling, ordering parts.. Etc.

The book side was pretty easy.

Motivation is hard to keep up on a daily basis but I just look at it like the harder I work the more I make.

Sometimes I work 50 sometimes it's 80-90. But that goes with the territory.

If you tell someone no they will probably go somewhere else and may call there first next time no matter how good you are. Remember that.

Also remember that you will have to take on jobs you really don't want to do. You just have to. Anything to keep the dollars flowing daily.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 02-05-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9380760)
Too many to count.

As a business owner I will tell you this,just because you close the doors and go wherever for the evening you're never off work.You want to build your business you take every opportunity you can to pass out business cards,meet potential customers,hell sit around the bar(if you do that) and talk to strangers about it.

This
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks 02-05-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9380972)
I was just around your age when I did the exact same thing. Bought out the guy who had been paying me.

First thing is put in a no-compete clause. I did.
yes it was very scary, but I knew how to run the work side, which I'm sure you know all about.

Scheduling, ordering parts.. Etc.

The book side was pretty easy.

Motivation is hard to keep up on a daily basis but I just look at it like the harder I work the more I make.

Sometimes I work 50 sometimes it's 80-90. But that goes with the territory.

If you tell someone no they will probably go somewhere else and may call there first next time no matter how good you are. Remember that.

Also remember that you will have to take on jobs you really don't want to do. You just have to. Anything to keep the dollars flowing daily.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, that's the beauty of the situation i suppose. I'm taking over a business that i've essentially been running for the last 5 years. The owner has other stuff going on and would rather not deal with it.

I'll basically be doing the same job, but instead of getting a paycheck every two weeks, my income will be open ended. However, if there is no income coming in....im in trouble.

This is it right here. My opportunity to change my life forever. If i fail....Hello 9-5 at some parts counter....

SAUTO 02-05-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9381005)
Yeah, that's the beauty of the situation i suppose. I'm taking over a business that i've essentially been running for the last 5 years. The owner has other stuff going on and would rather not deal with it.

I'll basically be doing the same job, but instead of getting a paycheck every two weeks, my income will be open ended. However, if there is no income coming in....im in trouble.

This is it right here. My opportunity to change my life forever. If i fail....Hello 9-5 at some parts counter....

I was right where you are, except I had to force the issue and quit

I knew I was the guy running the place but was getting ****ed daily.

it was time for me. Sounds like it's time for you.

Like I said don't turn anything away if you can help it, as long as you can do the job up to your standards.

You will be ok.
Posted via Mobile Device

evolve27 02-05-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9380554)

Clocking in/out everyday depending on some one else to pay me.....that's not going to cut it. My wife lost her job a month ago for cost saving reasons, and i need to make some damn money. Just getting by doesn't cut it anymore. I have to grow the **** up and create some opportunities for myself or risk being 50 years old, renting out of an apartment and living off of Social Security.....and struggling paycheck to paycheck from now until then.

**** that.

Love it. Oh yeah I work typically 6-7 hours for my family a day in a business. I owe them everything for making me realize that you get nowhere clockiing in and out sometimes.

El Jefe 02-05-2013 08:05 PM

I work anywhere from 50-65 a week.

SAUTO 02-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 9381115)
I work anywhere from 50-65 a week.

how are things buddy?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz 02-05-2013 08:10 PM

40-45 a week

few years ago i was doing nearly 80 and that sucked balls

Hootie 02-05-2013 08:13 PM

40-50

last year when I managed a restaurant I worked around 55-60

I make less now but I have a very clear career path that can probably be achieved in 5 years or less...where I'd be making about twice as much.

I sometimes do question my decision though because I felt happier in the restaurant industry (as of now at least).

Rasputin 02-05-2013 08:16 PM

Normally a 10 hour night shift and I get 3 nights off a week. 40 hours a week at the job, but "work" maybe 10 to 15 lol

rockymtnchief 02-05-2013 08:30 PM

Winter: (4) 10's
Summer: (4) 12-14's