ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs “The Franchise” - Chiefs show - Wednesdays - 6pm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323151)

DaFace 08-26-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 15801059)
Same. I absolutely purged that from my memory.

So is the Travis Kelce pronunciation thing a bit he's playing, or is that seriously his name? He's such a goof I can't tell if it's real.

Apparently the true pronunciation is "Kels," but his dad just got tired of correcting people back in the day and just started going by "Kel-see." So the family has pronounced it the latter for Travis's entire life.

In short, Kels is both a nickname and the proper pronunciation of his last name, but the NFL's official pronunciation guide almost certainly will remain "Kel-see."

Chief Roundup 09-08-2021 05:04 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oCxBp3H2QpA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dante84 09-08-2021 05:35 PM

Now that was a great episode.

- Loved seeing everyone fired up at "home of the CHIEFS"
- Loved seeing Thornhill being vulnerable about his injury and the return year, you could tell he was getting choked up and how much it all means to him
- One call out to make note of: Andy saying he "loves that kid" talking about Gore. Will be interested to see if he gets called up if there's an injury to any of the RB's.
- Was cool to see Jody getting geeked out about making the team.

RealSNR 09-08-2021 05:40 PM

I love it.

Pat gets his AFC championship ring and by the look on his face, he doesn't know whether to:

A. Look humble for the camera by softly admiring the ring
B. Chuck that shit in the trash and go watch some more ****ing film

Tribal Warfare 09-08-2021 06:41 PM

Great episode

TwistedChief 09-08-2021 06:57 PM

I love this team.

Can this season please start though?

MahomesMagic 09-08-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15819319)
Now that was a great episode.

- Loved seeing everyone fired up at "home of the CHIEFS"
- Loved seeing Thornhill being vulnerable about his injury and the return year, you could tell he was getting choked up and how much it all means to him
- One call out to make note of: Andy saying he "loves that kid" talking about Gore. Will be interested to see if he gets called up if there's an injury to any of the RB's.
- Was cool to see Jody getting geeked out about making the team.

Thornhill flashed some serious skills just before that injury. Getting him back to 100 percent would be HUGE for our D

DaFace 09-08-2021 07:53 PM

That was a fun one. Really rooting for the Fortson Cinderella story.

InChiefsHeaven 09-08-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15819458)

Seconded. Love his energy. He's like a little kid. Pulling for him big time.

wazu 09-08-2021 09:34 PM

Really cool. Loved the way they handled the AFC Championship ring. Clark Hunt, who can seem a little awkward at times, somehow has a knack for saying exactly what needs to be said.

tredadda 09-08-2021 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15819458)

I have become a fan of him. He definitely seems like a good kid.

tredadda 09-08-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15819573)
Really cool. Loved the way they handled the AFC Championship ring. Clark Hunt, who can seem a little awkward at times, somehow has a knack for saying exactly what needs to be said.

Everyone seemed to like it but Patrick. It's clear he is not content with a AFCCG ring

wazu 09-08-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15819577)
Everyone seemed to like it but Patrick. It's clear he is not content with a AFCCG ring

Both Hunt and Kelce called out it isn't the ring they wanted. I don't think anybody is "content". I think they each just take that ring and keep it as part of the overall story of this team. I remember when Carl Peterson used to actually say that the organizational "goal" was to bring home the Lamar Hunt trophy (rather than the Lombardi.) They never once did. Now we've suddenly won it twice in a row and it's not good enough.

tredadda 09-08-2021 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 15819583)
Both Hunt and Kelce called out it isn't the ring they wanted. I don't think anybody is "content". I think they each just take that ring and keep it as part of the overall story of this team. I remember when Carl Peterson used to actually say that the organizational "goal" was to bring home the Lamar Hunt trophy (rather than the Lombardi.) They never once did. Now we've suddenly won it twice in a row and it's not good enough.

And its not good enough. That's why I love this team so much. Winning Lamar Hunt trophies are no longer acceptable. It's Lombardi or bust.

Simply Red 09-08-2021 10:10 PM

Thornhill is pretty darned cool