ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs “The Franchise” - Chiefs show - Wednesdays - 6pm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323151)

RealSNR 08-08-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14384160)
No, but I do remember when he was arguably the best running back coach in the NFL.

We had a lot of people voice concerns (hell, I may have been one of them, not entirely sure) over Reid choosing him over one of the other offensive assistants who had been with the team for awhile. We had a brand new first year starting QB, so people were pretty adamant about getting somebody whose specialty was the passing game or at least had extensive experience coaching multiple positions. Maybe Kafka wasn't ready yet, but then somebody like Tom Melvin probably would have made a lot more sense to people if Reid had chosen him. Bieniemy had only ever been a RB coach and college offensive coordinator up to that point, so a lot of people pushed back against his promotion.

But the guy ain't just a RB coach. He has clearly familiarized himself with all aspects of all the positions. And I think that has given the offense a needed fresh perspective that just wasn't really there when it was Reid -> Peterson/Nagy

See for yourself: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...313115&page=15

smithandrew051 08-08-2019 02:41 PM

Khalen Saunders seems like a really good dude. Im glad we got him. He seems like the type of player that you would like even if he wasn’t a Chief.

smithandrew051 08-08-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14384947)
We had a lot of people voice concerns (hell, I may have been one of them, not entirely sure) over Reid choosing him over one of the other offensive assistants who had been with the team for awhile. We had a brand new first year starting QB, so people were pretty adamant about getting somebody whose specialty was the passing game or at least had extensive experience coaching multiple positions. Maybe Kafka wasn't ready yet, but then somebody like Tom Melvin probably would have made a lot more sense to people if Reid had chosen him. Bieniemy had only ever been a RB coach and college offensive coordinator up to that point, so a lot of people pushed back against his promotion.

But the guy ain't just a RB coach. He has clearly familiarized himself with all aspects of all the positions. And I think that has given the offense a needed fresh perspective that just wasn't really there when it was Reid -> Peterson/Nagy

See for yourself: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...313115&page=15

With the way Mahomes talks about him, I think there’s a long term plan for Kafka. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was our next OC and HC in waiting. I could see him becoming our OC next year and serving in that role until Reid retires.

jjjayb 08-08-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14385092)
Khalen Saunders seems like a really good dude. Im glad we got him. He seems like the type of player that you would like even if he wasn’t a Chief.

He is a really good dude. Very down to earth and humble.

KCTitus 08-08-2019 03:43 PM

Quick question... I noticed in the latest episode, that Western Missouri State University College University has a Scanlon Hall.

Did they name that after the greatest KC Chiefs player of all time, Rich Scanlon?

Sorry if Q

RealSNR 08-08-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14385097)
With the way Mahomes talks about him, I think there’s a long term plan for Kafka. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was our next OC and HC in waiting. I could see him becoming our OC next year and serving in that role until Reid retires.

If that's going to happen, that means Reid will need to retire pretty soon. Probably within the next 5 years, if not earlier.

This obsession with hiring any offensive coach who once got sneezed on by Sean McVay probably isn't going to die down any time soon. Andy Reid's offensive coaches are going to be in that same position. It didn't end with Peterson and Nagy, and I'd imagine given how close the Jets were to hiring Bieniemy, he's going to get a head coach job in the very near future. Kafka will probably get promoted (I doubt Reid gives the job to Heck or Greg Lewis), and then it will be 1-2 years from that point when he'll get hired as a likely HC.

The Chiefs and Rams currently have the hottest system from which to hire young offense-minded head coaches who can work with young QBs. Unless you're a weirdo team like Denver, there probably aren't very many instances where you wouldn't want that for your team. Hire the QB guru, draft the QB, and then trust the process.

ModSocks 08-08-2019 04:36 PM

Daaamn Dieter got put on notice at the end there.

Reid basically saying that Mahomes forced a pass to Hardman just so he could get a catch, and saying that shoulda been Dieter. Right after commenting about how Hardman is trying to buddy-buddy up to Mahomes just like Dieter does. LMAO

-King- 08-09-2019 10:34 AM

Hope Sammy stays healthy. He's our best running after the catch WR and he's real fun to watch once he gets the ball in his hands.

Easy 6 08-21-2019 04:35 PM

New episode tonight at 6, camp should be in full swing :kc:

ModSocks 08-21-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14404057)
New episode tonight at 6, camp should be in full swing :kc:

Woot.

Baby Lee 08-21-2019 05:42 PM

Got family practically in walking distance of Johnny's Boys Home.

My uncle lived even closer, until he died from heart inflammation after working on sandbagging the Ouachita.

Easy 6 08-21-2019 05:49 PM

Johnny Robinson, just wow... my Chiefs history was woefully lacking until tonight, what a great player and philanthropist

He was before my time, but that’s no excuse to be so ignorant

This wasn’t quite the episode I was expecting, but not in a bad way at all

RunKC 08-21-2019 06:00 PM

Mike Kafka just turned 32 last month. He’s been on an NFL Staff for 2 years.

If he’s wise, he’ll wait until Andy retires. That will probably be around the time he is in his late 30’s or early 40’s.

big nasty kcnut 08-21-2019 07:17 PM

Damn it i wasn't supposed to cry watching this but me and my dad did. Bless you johnny Robinson.

DaFace 08-21-2019 09:58 PM

That was fun. Not what I was expecting from this episode, but it was cool to learn a bit about Johnny.

Hammock Parties 08-21-2019 10:25 PM

tavia has huge tits

and i mean massive

wazu 08-22-2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14404409)
tavia has huge tits

and i mean massive

Okay, fine. I'll watch.

Lzen 08-22-2019 07:47 AM

Tony G was not drafted in 2003. Somebody screwed the pooch on that.

Johnny Robinson is just a great human being.

luv 08-22-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14404384)
That was fun. Not what I was expecting from this episode, but it was cool to learn a bit about Johnny.

Saying that's he'd rather be remembered for his work with the boys home than for football says so much about his character.

KChiefs1 08-23-2019 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 14404215)
Damn it i wasn't supposed to cry watching this but me and my dad did. Bless you johnny Robinson.

Great man.

KChiefs1 08-23-2019 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14404134)
Mike Kafka just turned 32 last month. He’s been on an NFL Staff for 2 years.

If he’s wise, he’ll wait until Andy retires. That will probably be around the time he is in his late 30’s or early 40’s.

Kafka will be the next Chiefs Head Coach. The timing should be right.

BlackOp 08-23-2019 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14404586)
Tony G was not drafted in 2003. Somebody screwed the pooch on that.

Yeah...1997.

They only spent like 2 minutes on TG....obviously Chiefs didn't appreciate him in a Falcons jersey (video backdrop) during his induction speech. That wasn't an accident...

Very strange...does anyone know why there is an obvious rift between the organization and him? He only played a handful of years for Atlanta...and they weren't really that eventful.

That's like Montana accepting as a Chief..

scho63 08-23-2019 03:00 AM

This weeks video said "Tony G made an immediate impact" on the Chiefs.

That is NOT true: Tony had the drops his first year here and there was even whispers that the Chiefs might have made a mistake drafting a guy who was more suited for the NBA and a better basketball player.

Hydrae 08-23-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14405661)
This weeks video said "Tony G made an immediate impact" on the Chiefs.

That is NOT true: Tony had the drops his first year here and there was even whispers that the Chiefs might have made a mistake drafting a guy who was more suited for the NBA and a better basketball player.

I know I was not thrilled with his rookie year and wondered if he was really going to be all that. Guess he answered that one!

And I also did not know much about Johnny Robinson. Man, the end of that segment hit me hard. What a great man who did (and still does) wonderful work!

Easy 6 09-04-2019 04:10 PM

Looking forward to tonight’s episode as always, just hoping they get away from the nostalgia and “here’s player X at home” stuff a little bit... the season starts tomorrow, let’s talk football in the here and now

Easy 6 09-04-2019 05:47 PM

Kpass is really likeable, here’s hoping to see him go from Suttons doghouse to Spags penthouse

If he breaks out alongside Clark and Jones... Sack Nation is a reality

Tribal Warfare 09-04-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 14405658)
Yeah...1997.

They only spent like 2 minutes on TG....obviously Chiefs didn't appreciate him in a Falcons jersey (video backdrop) during his induction speech. That wasn't an accident...

Very strange...does anyone know why there is an obvious rift between the organization and him? He only played a handful of years for Atlanta...and they weren't really that eventful.

That's like Montana accepting as a Chief..

Carl Peterson reneged on a trade deal, that pissed Gonzalez off to an upteenth degree in 2008

FAX 09-04-2019 06:41 PM

I love the opening on this last one; "A Seat At The Table" ...

Very cool way to open an episode with Holthus studying film and commenting on the Stooler's game last year. They're doing a wonderful job with this thing.

FAX

Strongside 09-04-2019 06:51 PM

KPass is a ****in NERRRRD and I love it!

Chief Roundup 09-04-2019 07:35 PM

It is a sign of a good show, when you are left thinking and feeling that the episode could not be over already and wanting more after every episode.

InChiefsHeaven 09-04-2019 07:52 PM

Legion of Zoom...I think it's gonna be a thing like it or not...

staylor26 09-04-2019 08:15 PM

Great episode

R Clark 09-04-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14423715)
Carl Peterson reneged on a trade deal, that pissed Gonzalez off to an upteenth degree in 2008

He was set to break a record ( forgot what one ) had all his family at the game, herm pulled him and wouldn’t put him back in. He got pissed and wanted traded at least that’s the way I remember it.he didn’t lack much of breaking the record,someone on here will remember it

thabear04 09-04-2019 11:16 PM

Can’t wait for the next one and heard what they say about Shady.

Nickhead 09-04-2019 11:51 PM

i like the fact it runs the whole season. this show will end up being the ultimate video diary should the chiefs do what i think they will do ;)

xztop123 09-04-2019 11:54 PM

I only watch this to see Reid mic’d Moments and gm player evaluations ect.

Been trying to find the Todd Haley vs hue jackson argument from hard knocks.

Reid is so closed in interviews but in that last episode where he says mahomes gave the pass to Hardman as a gimme - that is interesting.

Sometimes bellichek will show his game film reviews and stuff in segments which is surprising since he’s so secretive

Chief Roundup 09-18-2019 04:47 PM

14 minutes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/StqmuDpybJw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 09-18-2019 05:32 PM

It’s becoming clear this show is only going to get better now that the game is on... by week eight and beyond it’s going to be soooooo intense

eDave 09-18-2019 05:36 PM

What episode are they up to?

And can you update the OP with links?

Thank you very much.

Baby Lee 09-18-2019 05:41 PM

It's a [breath] Sammy [breath] Watkins [breath] PALOOZA!!!

Holthus so het up he sounds like Malcolm's buddy Stevie.

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-con...44%2C443&ssl=1

Easy 6 09-18-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14459062)
It's a [breath] Sammy [breath] Watkins [breath] PALOOZA!!!

Holthus so het up he sounds like Malcolm's buddy Stevie.

https://i1.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-con...44%2C443&ssl=1

Mitch seems to get a lengthy cameo in just about every episode

Haven’t looked into it, but this must be his production

Chief Roundup 09-18-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14459172)
Mitch seems to get a lengthy cameo in just about every episode

Haven’t looked into it, but this must be his production

He is not listed as a producer. Have no idea if he is part owner in 65 TPT though.

Dante84 09-18-2019 10:38 PM

Ill try and update the OP tomorrow.

Tonight’s episode spent an interesting amount of time talking about Ramsey....

Baby Lee 10-02-2019 05:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Canadian doctor gots a muffin top, or is it croissant? or cronut?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0KRN69leV-...re-midriff.jpg

Easy 6 10-02-2019 06:26 PM

Covered a lotta ground in this one, 3 game recaps and still found time to feature DRob/Hardman and Jones... all while making sure Money got plenty of face time

On the off week, always find myself ticked off that I can’t go home after work and watch another episode... we have our own tv show now, my how the times change

DaFace 10-02-2019 10:18 PM

I'm impressed they actually got the Lions game in there already. It was much more of a highlights show than a behind the scenes show, but still fun.

RedRaider56 10-03-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14496063)
I'm impressed they actually got the Lions game in there already. It was much more of a highlights show than a behind the scenes show, but still fun.

Exactly. I never get tired of watching game highlights

kysirsoze 10-03-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14496063)

They've been taking their time. I assumed it was to give them time to make the episodes. I didn't expect them to ever catch up to the current week. Wonder if they're taking a little hiatus or something or if they're just going to keep cranking them out this quickly now.

InChiefsHeaven 10-03-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 14496471)
They've been taking their time. I assumed it was to give them time to make the episodes. I didn't expect them to ever catch up to the current week. Wonder if they're taking a little hiatus or something or if they're just going to keep cranking them out this quickly now.

I'm guessing it'll stay current now. They film game highlights, then do a story on somebody, then next game highlights with a couple of days to put it all together.

It's really well done.

KChiefs1 10-03-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14495759)
Covered a lotta ground in this one, 3 game recaps and still found time to feature DRob/Hardman and Jones... all while making sure Money got plenty of face time

On the off week, always find myself ticked off that I can’t go home after work and watch another episode... we have our own tv show now, my how the times change

They are well produced.

Chief Roundup 10-16-2019 05:51 PM

Youtube is having issues but here is a link to the newest episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDehKd2EQ3c

Easy 6 10-16-2019 06:26 PM

Boy howdy could we ever use another Brian Waters, from Cowboys TE to all world LG... the ultimate scrapheap/position switch/reclamation story

That line we had was so special, if we could only have just ONE of those guys back...

Other than that a blah episode full of fail outside of a few moments, Mathieu showing some real passion among them... he’s been a legit nab for Veach

Easy 6 11-13-2019 06:43 PM

Ogbah is nerdy but very likeable much like Kpass, losing him already is such a Chiefs thing

BossChief 11-13-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14594808)
Ogbah is nerdy but very likeable much like Kpass, losing him already is such a Chiefs thing

KPass, Clark, Oakafor and Jones will make up the difference.

Hopefully it forces Spags to start Jones at DE and attack the rest of the year.

Rivers
Carr
Brady
Flacco or something other trash
Trubisky
Rivers

We should be able Toruń a very aggressive defensive attack the rest of the way and get some defensive energy going into the playoffs.

Maybe even have a shot at running the table and ending up at 12-4 with a bye

lcarus 11-14-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14595187)
KPass, Clark, Oakafor and Jones will make up the difference.

Hopefully it forces Spags to start Jones at DE and attack the rest of the year.

Rivers
Carr
Brady
Flacco or something other trash
Trubisky
Rivers

We should be able Toruń a very aggressive defensive attack the rest of the way and get some defensive energy going into the playoffs.

Maybe even have a shot at running the table and ending up at 12-4 with a bye

Baltimore could drop a couple games. Texans, @Rams, 49ers, @Bills, @Browns. They also play the Jets and Steelers at home. I can't see them losing more than 2 of their remaining games. We'll need Houston to lose 2 or more as well. Other than @Ravens they have Colts, Patriots, Broncos, @Titans, @Buccaneers, and Titans again. We would almost definitely have to win out and even then, it'd be tough to nab a bye.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2019 02:14 AM

Oh yeah, the Chiefs Show. Because watching them shit the pants on Sundays just isn't enough.

And now let's talk about and project breaks the Chiefs would need to ease into the playoffs and not suck a butt.

Good time Andy rides again!

lcarus 11-14-2019 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14595243)
Oh yeah, the Chiefs Show. Because watching them shit the pants on Sundays just isn't enough.

And now let's talk about and project breaks the Chiefs would need to ease into the playoffs and not suck a butt.

Your choice to be a fan

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2019 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 14595245)
Your choice to be a fan

Pointless take 11 years and counting! w00t!

TwistedChief 11-14-2019 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14595248)
Pointless take 11 years and counting! w00t!

I think at this point it's a fairly reasonable take as you clearly derive little to no enjoyment from the team. Does it make you feel better to spew your depression all over an internet message board on a daily basis? Is that what defines a satisfying existence for you?

Genuine questions.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2019 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14595262)
I think at this point it's a fairly reasonable take as you clearly derive little to no enjoyment from the team. Does it make you feel better to spew your depression all over an internet message board on a daily basis? Is that what defines a satisfying existence for you?

Yes, yes it does. I also spoo in my pants a little too.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

this is the golden age of chiefs football

please enjoy it

this time will never come again

ModSocks 11-14-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

You're a scared little Chiefy.

Truth is it wouldn't matter who the coach is, you'll still bitch all season long. If we Pete Carrol, Doug Pederson, Mike Tomlin....anyone really aside from BB and you'd find reasons to bitch and cry.

And that's because you're a scared little chiefy.

The only way you're comfortable with a team is if they're dominating all season long. You think championship teams just roll everyone on the way to a title and everything is perfect and great on the way there.

I know you think that despite how you may object.

I know you think it because every time the team faces adversity here you are bitching about the coach again.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14595491)
You're a scared little Chiefy.

Truth is it wouldn't matter who the coach is, you'll still bitch all season long. If we Pete Carrol, Doug Pederson, Mike Tomlin....anyone really aside from BB and you'd find reasons to bitch and cry.

And that's because you're a scared little chiefy.

The only way you're comfortable with a team is if they're dominating all season long. You think championship teams just roll everyone on the way to a title and everything is perfect and great on the way there.

I know you think that despite how you may object.

I know you think it because every time the team faces adversity here you are bitching about the coach again.

You're accepting the half-assing of a great many things, Tonto.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14595364)

please enjoy it

God **** this is depressing if true.

Easy 6 11-14-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14595712)

Like I’ve told you before stop being the angry, reactionary Scot in your av... if Mahomes doesn’t represent the golden age for people our age, then just what in the hell DOES?

God willing we’re getting 15-20 years of this kid, and that my friend is truly GOLDEN

Hammock Parties 11-14-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14595712)

how long did it take jordan to win a title?

shut up and enjoy good times for a change

they are here to stay

ModSocks 11-14-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14595364)

please enjoy it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14596206)
Like I’ve told you before stop being the angry, reactionary Scot in your av... if Mahomes doesn’t represent the golden age for people our age, then just what in the hell DOES?

God willing we’re getting 15-20 years of this kid, and that my friend is truly GOLDEN

Sage words. If you find the Mahomes era depressing then maybe you should think about toughening up a bit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2019 11:19 PM

You three ****ing twits; you know damned good and well my issues are not with Mahomes.

But please, keep up with your parade of disingenuous horse shit. Does that make it easier to put a face of legitimacy on this slow destruction of the genuine talent behind Center?

Hammock Parties 11-14-2019 11:31 PM

doesn't matter what your issues are

as long as mahomes is here, good times are

enjoy them

Easy 6 12-04-2019 07:05 PM

No one really care about this anymore?

Might’ve been the best one yet, it smoothly crammed a lotta good stuff into 30 or so minutes

Wards spotlight was very enlightening, if adversity builds character then this guy has a very deep gut that bodes well for his future. These behind the helmet pieces might be the best thing this show does

It reminds me of Babbs old personal profiles in the Star where he’d go spend a day getting to know them... it gives you a better connection to the team, and makes them even easier to root for

Speaking of rooting for someone, it’s time to eschew the idea of ditching Sacksquatch Jones for a lesser managerie of cheap jags... there’s a killer clip of him just WORKING Gabe Jackson over, he kept those long arms right in his chest and simply drove him outta the way for the sack

He is elite, when you see all these other guys you want to replace him with do big things... just remember that Jones is often responsible for creating that opportunity

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14634429)
No one really care about this anymore?

Not 2 Poodle shits, princess. o:-)

Dante84 12-04-2019 10:36 PM

OP Updated

Nickhead 01-01-2020 01:43 AM

new episode due in 16 hours. i was wondering/searching in case i had missed some, but...

alas a new video diary of which may become a super bowl winning chiefs team :thumb:

KChiefs1 01-01-2020 09:35 AM

“The Franchise” - Chiefs show - Wednesdays - 6pm

I’ve missed one I guess.

https://youtu.be/HdvLBMiWsls

Easy 6 01-01-2020 10:01 AM

I wonder if there’s one more tonight, or is it over?

InChiefsHeaven 01-01-2020 10:25 AM

I can't wait for this one. They are going to finish up the whole season, so they'll be doing the bit with Kevin Harlan. This has been a really great program.

KCFalcon59 01-01-2020 08:10 PM

Really good episode this week. Especially about week sixteen when they talked about drafting Mahomes. Some of the clips from the war room showing Veach and how excited he was. That was personal for him. Good stuff.

Hoover 01-01-2020 08:11 PM

Pat only had a Chiefs hat at his draft day party. Cool!

Megatron96 01-01-2020 08:20 PM

The show will air a new episode Jan. 22nd, apparently.

RealSNR 01-01-2020 08:24 PM

Did they get any footage from a box suite at an opponent's stadium and accidentally primarily videotape the sideline?