ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes Injury (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326057)

RunKC 10-27-2019 11:09 AM

I’d imagine if Pat did have surgery in the off-season it would only be a scope to make sure that any internal swelling (even if minor) or inflammation is gone completely as a future precaution. That’s probably a soft recovery (aka take it easy) of less than a month.

And that’s even assuming he would need surgery. If Marcellus’s post was true about Pat not having issues now, then that would be great.

Overall we dodged a bullet. I think everybody’s first thought when that happened was ACL.

BossChief 10-27-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14553999)
You realize all the means is this was always a risk right?

It was freak deal, he will be fine.

Hi!

Welcome to life as a Chiefs fan where the “freak deal” is a normal season derailing (sometimes multiple season) occurrence.

Houston’s knee
Berry’s spirit/cancer
The Mariota pass to himself
The luck fumble
The kicker that won’t be named
Forward progress fumble
Dee Ford offsides
Not being able to run the ball with LJ against Indy
Losing a playoff game where the offense never punted
Blowing a 28 point mid 3rd quarter lead in the playoffs

I’m not interested in tempting fate with the MVP. In no way would I let him play until his knee is completely healed. Or as close to possible as that. Gonna protect the kid from himself.

I think we’re gonna see a game tonight that the defense plays well and the offense has a tough time moving the ball resulting in a loss by multiple scores and Mahomes forces his way into next weeks lineup.

I just hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

BossChief 10-27-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14554008)
I’d imagine if Pat did have surgery in the off-season it would only be a scope to make sure that any internal swelling (even if minor) or inflammation is gone completely as a future precaution. That’s probably a soft recovery (aka take it easy) of less than a month.

And that’s even assuming he would need surgery. If Marcellus’s post was true about Pat not having issues now, then that would be great.

Overall we dodged a bullet. I think everybody’s first thought when that happened was ACL.

It doesn’t require surgery even after the year at this point. That was reported some time ago.

Any surgery would be the result of further injury.

Marcellus 10-27-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14554042)
Hi!

Welcome to life as a Chiefs fan where the “freak deal” is a normal season derailing (sometimes multiple season) occurrence.

Houston’s knee
Berry’s spirit/cancer
The Mariota pass to himself
The luck fumble
The kicker that won’t be named
Forward progress fumble
Dee Ford offsides
Not being able to run the ball with LJ against Indy
Losing a playoff game where the offense never punted
Blowing a 28 point mid 3rd quarter lead in the playoffs

I’m not interested in tempting fate with the MVP. In no way would I let him play until his knee is completely healed. Or as close to possible as that. Gonna protect the kid from himself.

I think we’re gonna see a game tonight that the defense plays well and the offense has a tough time moving the ball resulting in a loss by multiple scores and Mahomes forces his way into next weeks lineup.

I just hope history doesn’t repeat itself.

You also thought we would never draft a QB in the 1st round.

What we think means jack shit and there is no such thing as a curse

BossChief 10-27-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14554060)
You also thought we would never draft a QB in the 1st round.

What we think means jack shit and there is no such thing as a curse

That’s not true at all.

As soon as we got Andy, it was just a matter of time.

I hope you’re wrong about a curse, but for you to be right, the pattern needs interrupted because Dee Ford kept the pattern going.

ChiefaRoo 10-27-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14554067)
That’s not true at all.

As soon as we got Andy, it was just a matter of time.

I hope you’re wrong about a curse, but for you to be right, the pattern needs interrupted because Dee Ford kept the pattern going.

You should quit watching football. You're burned out like a Degen gambler in your thinking.

RINGLEADER 10-27-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14553976)
So basically, his joint laxity protected him from greater injury but also makes re-dislocation more likely...

I’m scared guys.

Does this injury make him more likely to re-injure, or does the fact that he has stretchy ligaments? If the first then yeah, that sucks. If the second, then I guess you wear a brace and hope for the best. Not like he had this issue in college or anything.

Personally, I think if we beat the Packers he rests another week. Great incentive to go play your asses off Chiefs.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-27-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 14554107)
Does this injury make him more likely to re-injure, or does the fact that he has stretchy ligaments? If the first then yeah, that sucks. If the second, then I guess you wear a brace and hope for the best. Not like he had this issue in college or anything.

Personally, I think if we beat the Packers he rests another week. Great incentive to go play your asses off Chiefs.

Yes please.... win this damn game somehow PLEASE... for Mahomie’s sake.

BWillie 10-27-2019 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 14554107)

Of course it does, but he's a quarterback. You can barely touch quarterbacks. If he was a WR, TE or RB it would be a much bigger deal.

Tribal Warfare 10-27-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14553975)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There’s going to be an argument next week in KC as Patrick Mahomes will try to push to play as early as next week. He took scout team reps and moved great.</p>&mdash; Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/1188495940333658112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pat Sr, his Mom, and Steinberg will tell him to pump his brakes and heal like a normal person.

pugsnotdrugs19 10-27-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14554184)
Pat Sr, his Mom, and Steinberg will tell him to pump his brakes and heal like a normal person.

Hopefully we steal this ****ing game tonight and make that decision easy...

thegame214 10-27-2019 07:05 PM

He's back next week 1000%

smithandrew051 10-27-2019 07:09 PM

I miss you, Patrick.

Chiefsguyinri 10-27-2019 07:15 PM

That's the best play I've seen called all year

BWillie 10-27-2019 07:27 PM

Mahomes is borderline pouting on the sidelines that the Chiefs won't let him play