ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL teams ranked by their franchise QBs: (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=323431)

TripleThreat 06-15-2019 11:14 PM

NFL teams ranked by their franchise QBs:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-49ers-on-top LINK TO ALL 32 TEAMS

Kansas City #21

Full Team Breakdown

Who qualifies for the Chiefs?
-- Alex Smith (2013-17): 76 starts | 50-26 | 3 Pro Bowls | 94.8 passer rating
-- Trent Green (2001-06): 88 starts | 48-40 | 2 Pro Bowls | 87.3 passer rating
-- Steve DeBerg (1988-91): 52 starts | 31-20-1 | 0 Pro Bowls | 81.8 passer rating
-- Bill Kenney (1980-88): 77 starts | 34-43 | 1 Pro Bowl | 77.0 passer rating
-- Len Dawson (1967-1975): 90 starts | 53-33-4 | 4 Pro Bowls | 78.6 passer rating | 1 SB ring

Dawson's ring and Smith's development into a top-12 starter aren't enough to elevate the Chiefs above the Falcons. Had the Chiefs legend's pre-'67 production been eligible for consideration, it'd be a different story.

Can't wait to see them re-work this list in 15-20 years once Mahomes is done.

rabblerouser 06-16-2019 12:18 AM

Alex had 2 more wins than Trent with 12 less starts...that's depressing.

Man, that defense SUCKED in the Vermeil years.

carcosa 06-16-2019 12:40 AM

I'm pissed!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 05:29 AM

No Mahomes/no curr.

And can't we just wipe Alex from Chiefs....... existence? Yes, an Alex Smith memory wipe is exactly what this franchise needs.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14310218)
Alex had 2 more wins than Trent with 12 less starts...that's depressing.

Man, that defense SUCKED in the Vermeil years.

And that defense ended up ranking higher overall during its entire pitiful existence compared to the absolute garbage that we had last year. And some people want to tell me we aren't going undefeated this year? I don't ****ing think so.

Only one thing could keep that from happening; Hill out for four or more games.

Three7s 06-16-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310275)
And that defense ended up ranking higher overall during its entire pitiful existence compared to the absolute garbage that we had last year. And some people want to tell me we aren't going undefeated this year? I don't ****ing think so.

I don't think we'll go undefeated. We'll be a better team, but the offense will probably put up less stats overall. Reid has a nasty habit of getting conservative once he gets a 2-score lead, which has cost us games in the past, and could do so again.

IUsedToBeATightEnd 06-16-2019 07:20 AM

Quote:

Hope you're right but dont think you are. By the end of the season several teams somehow managed to contain our offense and NFL coaches learn quick.
Loosing KHunt will make things much easier for the defenses we'll face and this will eventually impact on Mahomes stats as well. Dont even want to consider the possibility to loose Tyreek.
Doubt this year offense figures will compare to last year's.

jjchieffan 06-16-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14310274)
No Mahomes/no curr.

And can't we just wipe Alex from Chiefs....... existence? Yes, an Alex Smith memory wipe is exactly what this franchise needs.

Hard to wipe him from memory when you keep bringing him up LMAO

Seriously though, he had a pretty good 5 years here. He's not half the quarterback that Mahomes his, but your hate for him is and has always been unwarranted. He is a top 5 quarterback in franchise history for the Chiefs and was one of the best options that we had available from the time he came to KC until Mahomes. I'm glad that we upgraded with Mahomes. I would have been happy replacing him sooner if it was feasible. But I enjoyed watching the Chiefs average 10 wins per year and be a perennial playoff team during his tenure.

jjchieffan 06-16-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUsedToBeATightEnd (Post 14310332)
Hope you're right but dont think you are. By the end of the season several teams somehow managed to contain our offense and NFL coaches learn quick.
Loosing KHunt will make things much easier for the defenses we'll face and this will eventually impact on Mahomes stats as well. Dont even want to consider the possibility to loose Tyreek.
Doubt this year offense figures will compare to last year's.

Nobody was able to contain this offense for more than the first half. They never put up less than 27 points in a single game and put it 31 second half points against BB and the Pats in the AFC championship game. I don't call that containing the offense. And, William's stats were just as good as Hunt's. Mahomes has had all off-season to study how those defenses would frustrate him(even if it was for just a half) and he will be prepared to handle them better

jjchieffan 06-16-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Wouldn't that be something? I would love to see this team go undefeated. I hope that they can do it. Nice to see you wearing Homer glasses.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14310406)
Wouldn't that be something? I would love to see this team go undefeated. I hope that they can do it. Nice to see you wearing Homer glasses.

The silly article mentioned Alex, not I.

It's a simple equation; deny the opponent the ability to enter into a shootout. If you can hang 40-plus and they can't?
And finally, Andy's conservatism means nothing when you have Patrick Mahomes leading your offense. Do you think Patrick is just going to ease back? Let off the gas? Yeah, me neither.

IUsedToBeATightEnd 06-16-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 14310405)
Nobody was able to contain this offense for more than the first half. They never put up less than 27 points in a single game and put it 31 second half points against BB and the Pats in the AFC championship game. I don't call that containing the offense. And, William's stats were just as good as Hunt's. Mahomes has had all off-season to study how those defenses would frustrate him(even if it was for just a half) and he will be prepared to handle them better

If you dont call it "containing an offense" then call it what you want, fact is by the end of the season more defenses were playing schemes, especially on the Dline and backfield which slowed us down. We'll see much more of this the coming season. Williams is not bad, but he's not a RB you need to plan against and keep an eye on all the time, nor one who can consistently run 3-4 yds after contact, which, against a pass oriented offense makes a HUGE difference in the defensive assignments.
Evaluating a player on stats alone can be extremely misleading, and you will realize this as the season progresses.

raidersnumber1 06-16-2019 10:53 AM

That's a very sad sad list. No wonder people jerk off to any glimmer of hope in Mahomes, which I believe will be very short lived. Sad!

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidersnumber1 (Post 14310494)
That's a very sad sad list. No wonder people jerk off to any glimmer of hope in Mahomes, which I believe will be very short lived. Sad!

^^^^^hard knocks+gruden+carr=ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

God I can't wait to skull **** your clown team again...

Best22 06-16-2019 11:04 AM

Mahomes doesn’t qualify, therefore this list is irrelevant

But yeah, our QB history is not strong