ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request If you could through a little prayer my son's way (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267985)

Buehler445 12-24-2012 12:05 AM

I can empathize with breathing problems. Not breathing takes a toll on you physically and mentally if it is prolonged.

The most scared I've ever been has been during an asthma attack. I was working really hard to get some air and it was getting worse. I've been in Auto accidents farm accidents hurt myself pretty bad, none of it was as scary as losing ground to an asthma attack.

Prayers sent.

Rasputin 12-24-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9237781)
RSV maybe?

Thoughts his way.

My daughter had that as a baby very scarry, she had to stay in an incubator for a few days.

Prayers sent God bless the little guy. Stay strong.

ClevelandBronco 12-24-2012 12:38 AM

Of course, man. For him, you and the professionals.

BigRedChief 12-24-2012 12:43 AM

Positive thought heading your way. Remember I was a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Any questions, let me know.

Imon Yourside 12-24-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9237846)
Positive thought heading your way. Remember I was a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Any questions, let me know.

I've got one, that any other resp therapist won't answer. Where can I buy one of those finger sensors that measures your oxygen level? I've seen portable versions used at places like Walgreens but no one seems to sell them..

Dave Lane 12-24-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9237678)
He's been sick for a week and tonight they admitted him to the hospital because his oxygen intake was only 82%. They've done xrays, bloodwork, flu swabs and still can't figure it out.

Hate for him to have to spend Christmas in here.

Damn sorry to hear it dude. Hope he is up and ready for Santa!

Sorter 12-24-2012 12:48 AM

All the best to your son, yourself, and family.

BigRedChief 12-24-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9237848)
I've got one, that any other resp therapist won't answer. Where can I buy one of those finger sensors that measures your oxygen level? I've seen portable ones at places like Walgreens but no one seems to sell them..

A private citizen can't a pulse ox legally in America. They are illegal to sell to private citizens. Most people get them from Mexico off the internet.

But, the problem with those are knock offs and their reliability is suspect.

Hemoglobin is the boats that carry oxygen around to your bodies cells and tissues. All the pulse ox is doing is reading how full those boats are. As long as they correctly send out the waves, they knockoffs should be fine.

As far as why..... Doctors don't want patients self medicating. If we get unreliable readings that don't match the physical signs we can get an ABG, the blood tells the truth.

I think they should be available for purchase.

Imon Yourside 12-24-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9237865)
A private citizen can't a pulse ox legally in America. They are illegal to sell to private citizens. Most people get them from Mexico off the internet.

But, the problem with those are knock offs and their reliability is suspect.

Hemoglobin is the boats that carry oxygen around to your bodies cells and tissues. All the pulse ox is doing is reading how full those boats are. As long as they correctly send out the waves, they knockoffs should be fine.

I was wondering why I was always greeted with a you can't get one of these, EVER talks when I asked about them. Any idea why they are illegal? I would love to have one around the house to tell when my son is approaching the yellow/red zone.

cabletech94 12-24-2012 01:15 AM

hoping for the best. if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. i'm literally seconds from you.

The Bad Guy 12-24-2012 01:19 AM

Prayer sent. Hope everything is good and you all have a wonderful Christmas.

Mrs. Loopner 12-24-2012 03:01 AM

Prayers for both you and your son.
To you for your continued strength and guidance. For him a miraculous recovery so he'll feel great and be home in time for Santa's arrival.
What's your son's name? I'd like to mention him by name in my prayers.

FAX 12-24-2012 05:11 AM

Done.

FAX

R8RFAN 12-24-2012 05:56 AM

Praying the Lord Jesus Christ will lay his healing hands on your son...

Amen

PhillyChiefFan 12-24-2012 07:19 AM

That's terrible...over Christmas?

Prayers for your son and your family my friend.