ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So, I just found out I'm going to be a dad... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315704)

Strongside 06-06-2018 09:51 PM

So, I just found out I'm going to be a dad...

You guys are the first people to know outside of my own family. I had to tell SOMEONE.

Backstory: I'm 33 years old. I'm married to the love of my life. We've been together for 16 years, married for 3. That's a long ****ing time.

I had a bit of a dead-beat dad growing up, and I know that I have it in me to give this kid everything I wish I'd had in my own childhood and more.

I know there are some fantastic dads here on CP, so what do I need to know? What are your best dad tips?

Spare me the "your life is over" bullshit. I've traveled the world, I've climbed mountains, I've swam in every Ocean and set foot on every continent. As far as I'm concerned, this sounds like an adventure unlike any I've ever undertaken, and I can't wait!

Simply Red 06-06-2018 09:52 PM

Congrats champ!

Strongside 06-06-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13584535)
Congrats champ!

Thank you!

Fish 06-06-2018 09:55 PM

Congrats. Kids are the most difficult, yet the most rewarding life experience. Best of luck!

stumppy 06-06-2018 09:55 PM

Parent by example.

Congrats.

Ming the Merciless 06-06-2018 09:56 PM

Ive got a 6 year old and a 2 year old

Your life is over

In the best possible way that no one can explain to you

Its amazing

I can tell you but you wont belueve me or even comprehend that you dont even know what love really is until you meet your baby

Congrats!

NWTF 06-06-2018 09:57 PM

Congrats

Al Bundy 06-06-2018 10:00 PM

Congrats compadre.

Hammock Parties 06-06-2018 10:00 PM

Gay

frozenchief 06-06-2018 10:02 PM

Nothing compares to having kids. Your life isn’t over. Don’t put up with behavior you don’t like and you’ll be fine.

Why Not? 06-06-2018 10:02 PM

Congrats. I'm a dad of two boys, 9 and 6. The best advice I can give you is......

Don't listen to advice. Everybody and their brother has all the advice in the world and none of them have any experience parenting YOUR child. Be yourself. Make sure your kid(s)always know that you love them. You will **** up a million times and create a million memories. It is definitely the adventure of a lifetime. I highly doubt you will ever feel an emotion stronger than what you will feel for that child.

BossChief 06-06-2018 10:04 PM

Congrats.

BigRedChief 06-06-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13584533)
You guys are the first people to know outside of my own family. I had to tell SOMEONE.

Backstory: I'm 33 years old. I'm married to the love of my life. We've been together for 16 years, married for 3. That's a long ****ing time.

Spare me the "your life is over" bullshit. I've traveled the world, I've climbed mountains, I've swam in every Ocean and set foot on every continent. As far as I'm concerned, this sounds like an adventure unlike any I've ever undertaken, and I can't wait!

I had an asshole for a Dad. being a Dad is way better than all that other shit you listed. I was 31 when my first kid was born. Your Dad is not you. You make your own choices. Embrace this. Get involved in the PTA. Don’t go out drinking all the time. Coach the little league baseball team etc. sometimes just being present for the kid is enough.

Frazod 06-06-2018 10:06 PM

Congratulations. :toast:

Iowanian 06-06-2018 10:16 PM

Half of the battle is knowing that you want to be a good dad. That means being a good example in how you treat the mother so a son learns how to treat women or a daughter learns how they should expect to be treated. You'll make mistakes, you'll lose your cool, you'll probably get frustrated(I know based on tonight). It's ok. Stop when you realize it, regroup and do better next time.

You don't fully understand what it means to know you'd physically fight a lion for another person until you see and hold your own kid.

Congratulations and good luck.