ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

Mile High Mania 09-19-2009 05:23 PM

I think we have to give the kid a break... he hasn't been around long enough to truly be jaded about his pro team. Many of us have been through wars, we've seen the good, bad and the ugly.

Quesadilla Joe 09-21-2009 07:28 AM

Denver's defense is...

1st in the NFL in PPG
3rd in the NFL in YPG
4th in the NFL in Yards per play
2nd in the NFL in first downs allowed
2nd in the NFL in 3rd down defense
3rd in the NFL in sacks
5th in the NFL in INT's
5th in the NFL in fumble recoveries

:)

The Bad Guy 09-21-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6095818)
Denver's defense is...

1st in the NFL in PPG
3rd in the NFL in YPG
3rd in the NFL in sacks
5th in the NFL in INT's

Talk to me after the midway point in the season. If they are #1, you have reason to gloat.

ArrowheadHawk 09-21-2009 09:52 AM

Have you played anybody yet? Didn't think so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania 09-21-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6096160)
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, they did beat the Bengals in Cincy... and Cincy just won at Green Bay. The Bengals may not be great, but everyone likes the Packers and they put up nice points at Green Bay - Denver held them to 7 at their house.

Cleveland... yeah, they suck. But, the Browns did put up more points against the Vikings and everybody likes the Vikings to go far.

So, 2-0 has it's ugly spots and it's bright spots... and I agree, let's see how things look in a month.

vailpass 09-21-2009 10:05 AM

LMAO When you guys made/contributed to this thread you never considered the possibility it might bite you in the ass. Through the first two weeks of the season, which is a lot more than you thought possible, KnowMo owns you Chief and Charger alike.
Who knows what tomorrow might bring but for today the kid is on top.
Kinda' funny.

Quesadilla Joe 09-21-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

http://i28.tinypic.com/2yl30u8.gif

vailpass 09-21-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Better than playing a nobody and losing to them :)

DaFace 09-21-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6096195)
LMAO When you guys made/contributed to this thread you never considered the possibility it might bite you in the ass. Through the first two weeks of the season, which is a lot more than you thought possible, KnowMo owns you Chief and Charger alike.
Who knows what tomorrow might bring but for today the kid is on top.
Kinda' funny.

Na, the purpose was to keep his homerism confined to one place to the extent possible. It does that just fine.

Quesadilla Joe 09-21-2009 10:52 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stroys-browns/
Quote:

Denver defense destroys Browns

Last week, the performance of the Broncos defense was overshadowed by Brandon Stokley's catch on the Immaculate deflection.

After Denver's 27-6 drubbing of Cleveland Sunday in the Belichick Disciple Bowl, it's time to give defensive coordinator Mike Nolan and the boys their due.

Elvis Dumervil, converting to outside linebacker, racked up four sacks of Brady Quinn, including a forced fumble. Former Brown Andra Davis led the Broncos with ten tackles. (Quinn, meanwhile, has suffered through two dreadful starts to open the year.)

Denver's offense also looked improved against Cleveland, with 186 yards rushing, primarily from Knowshon Moreno and Correll Buckhalter. A gorgeous 45-yard run by Buckhalter capped the scoring in the fourth quarter.

A co-worker at NBC called Denver one of the worst 2-0 teams in the last ten years, but you have to admire their defensive effort. This is a rag-tag unit that is lacking in talent, but not creativity.

The AFC West is wide open; a little effort and good fortune could keep Denver in the mix for a while.
Even when we get a nice article about us there is always an insult thrown in. I love the bad press though, it really seems to fire our guys up ESPECIALLY Brian Dawkins :)

Quesadilla Joe 09-21-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Orton: 2nd in NFL in 25-yd comp. (7), 3rd in avg. comp. (14.1), 6th in avg. yds. at catch (10.2). Only AFC QB with 50+att., 0 INTs.
http://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/4150327066

Mile High Mania 09-21-2009 11:52 AM

I sure hope you're knocking on wood, rubbing a lucky rabbit's foot... you're throwing a lot of stuff out there.

DaFace 09-21-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 6096515)
I sure hope you're knocking on wood, rubbing a lucky rabbit's foot... you're throwing a lot of stuff out there.

I'm actually convinced he's not really as much of a homer as he acts like around here. I think he just gets a kick out of the reactions.

Mile High Mania 09-21-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 6096521)
I'm actually convinced he's not really as much of a homer as he acts like around here. I think he just gets a kick out of the reactions.

That's very likely the case...

DrRyan 09-21-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6095818)
Denver's defense is...

1st in the NFL in PPG
3rd in the NFL in YPG
3rd in the NFL in sacks
5th in the NFL in INT's

Let's see those stats during the Donkeys week 7 bye week after playing Dallas, NE and at San Diego. Being labeled a great defense after playing a Bengals team that forgot how to throw the football and the Browns(possibly the most inept offensive team in the league) is pretty comical stuff.