ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop ***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188)

Ebolapox 08-01-2009 09:38 AM

***Official Knowmo2724 homer-2000 thread***

Very few non-bronco fans can tolerate him. he creates inane threads that are homeristic in nature (his avatar is very apropos), and nobody loves him (not even his own mother)

'face, this can be the home for all knowmo threads so we aren't treated to the bi-weekly steaming 'presents' left by the front door.

The Bad Guy 08-01-2009 10:42 AM

He's a ****ing tool.

JuicesFlowing 08-01-2009 10:44 AM

The fact that there is a thread for a Bronco homer on Chiefs Planet disturbs me. Bronco Planet, here we come!!!!!!!!

Mecca 08-01-2009 10:45 AM

Does he battle with the couple of ardent Chiefs homers on here?

Crashride 08-01-2009 11:28 AM

I hate the broncos more than any other team in the NFL. So for him to post that garbage on my favorite message board, especially a CHIEFS board, pisses me off. Take away his thread making capabilities.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 11:29 AM

He amuses me. He's like a juvenile version of Taco John. I wish he'd stop copy/pasting and puff his chest out a little more, though. He could be legendary if he coined something like "Green = Griese."

Frazod 08-01-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5940237)
He's a ****ing tool.

He's AutumnWind's brother.

Kerberos 08-01-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5940364)
He's AutumnWind's brother.

More like a long lost TWIN brother that was born from the anal rape of a fat ugly chick by a Raider's fan out on parole.

Bwana 08-01-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashride (Post 5940336)
I hate the broncos more than any other team in the NFL. So for him to post that garbage on my favorite message board, especially a CHIEFS board, pisses me off. Take away his thread making capabilities.

This

Skip Towne 08-01-2009 01:06 PM

Nut this Donkey dick.

Quesadilla Joe 08-04-2009 08:02 AM

Scott Pioli's prescription: Total culture change the fix for Chiefs
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...rom-camp_N.htm
RIVER FALLS, Wis. — There is a palpable, atmospheric change around the Kansas City Chiefs reminiscent of the kind that follows a fierce thunder storm.

There is the driven look of collective purpose etching the faces of players and coaches stemming from an extreme offseason makeover after just six wins in two seasons, including a 2-14 debacle last season.

New Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is a former four-time NFL Executive of the Year and the noted co-architect of the three-time, Super Bowl-winning New England Patriots. Pioli started his Kansas City remodeling with critical hirings at the team's two most important spots. He hired head coach Todd Haley, the former Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator instrumental in Arizona's run to Super Bowl XLIII.

PHOTOS: Chiefs training camp

Then, Pioli traded for former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, an ultra-competitive, charismatic leader who stepped in for an injured Tom Brady in the first game last season to lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record. Along the way, he had to make his first start since his senior season in high school.

Pioli has been part of teams that won seven division titles during his 17 NFL seasons, participating in 21 postseason games. He knows that a turnaround starts with generating tenacious competition — hence the daily thudding Haley and his coaching staff have orchestrated in their hard-hitting, full-padded practices.

"The thing Todd and I share is we have a genuine passion and a respect for the game," Pioli says. "We're going to find people who care. Those that don't care about playing and playing well, won't be here."

Pioli and Haley, who worked together with the New York Jets from 1997-1999 when the franchise went 29-19, both have experience on teams that turned from losers into winners.

"The common trait and issues that existed in those organizations when we got there, the things we needed to change to turn that around, were the same thing," Pioli said.

"Part of it is not only changing the culture of your football team and your locker room, it's changing the culture of all the things that touch your football team and your locker room."

The makeover is a work in progress. But veterans such as former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel, former Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys middle linebacker Zach Thomas and former Seattle Seahawks slot receiver Bobby Engram are here to join Cassel in showing the way.

Can the Chiefs make a 2008 Dolphins-like turnaround from 1-15 to 11-5 and division winners?

Says Haley: "They made it tough for everybody."

"What those three teams did last year, Baltimore, Atlanta, Miami (all made the playoffs after dismal 2007 seasons) was off-the-charts phenomenal. To dream about doing something like that, I don't even know if we can think about that. But what we can do is do everything in our power to give ourselves the best chance to win every game we play.

"If we have some breaks go our way, and we ever got a chance to be in a situation like that, it would be awesome. But it's a process."

The only way to elevate a football team is by playing football, thus the padded practices.

"I want to get the team in condition and stronger, first and foremost," Haley says. "I want a mentally tough team, and a physically tough team, in order to get that, you must practice in pads.

Haley said challenging his team in camp ("It can't be an easy camp," he says.) will help them overachieve in the regular season.

"We can beat a couple of teams we're probably not as good as if we can play physical and smart," he said

Monday was the first day of two-a-days. Haley is a Bill Parcells disciple and it's showing in how he's working his team.

"I want guys who want to be here practicing and playing every day that I can count on that are the same guy every day," Haley says. "I don't even care if they're great.

"I don't want a yo-yo team and I don't want yo-yo players."

AROUND CHIEFS TRAINING CAMP

The scene: River Falls is something out of a 1960s time capsule, a small-town with a throwback main street (Sorry, Peter King, no Starbucks in town) from an Andy of Mayberry television re-run.

The Chiefs have camped out at the University of Wisconsin, River Falls for 19 years. But this is their final year in the time-warp town as they will relocate camp to Missouri Western University in St. Joseph's, Mo. It is an hour north of the Chiefs' Kansas City facility.

River Falls is a rural setting about seven miles from the scenic St. Croix River that meanders through the Minnesota and Wisconsin border. Many Chiefs fans and their families have been making River Falls a summer destination for years because the food, lodging and the accessibility to the practice field is ideal for getting an up-close glimpse of players.

Another plus is the cooler weather. Though Sunday night the air-raid signal went off in the nearby town of Hudson, Wis., (signaling the onset of a severe thunderstorm/hail storm), most of the players slept right through after Haley's tone-setting physical afternoon practice wore them out.

Reason to believe: Pioli, Haley and Cassel are dynamic leaders setting the hard-working ethos and raising the thermostat of belief. Vrabel, Thomas and Derrick Johnson are the guts of a good linebacking corps and former Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson should take pressure off Cassel as he looks to mesh with Dwayne Bowe and Engram.

Trouble spots: The defensive line is in transition with last year's first-round pick, 4-3 defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, converting to defensive end. Former defensive end Tamba Hali is transitioning to outside linebacker. Haley and defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast may have to blitz more to generate more sacks after the Chiefs set an NFL low with 10 sacks last season.

What's new: Several players have lost weight, including Larry Johnson, who's down from 230 pounds last season to 222 pounds.

So far, Johnson acts and looks like a different guy than the sullen running back who didn't seem to want to be here last year. By his own admission, Johnson didn't figure to survive the changeover from former head coach Herm Edwards and team president Carl Peterson to Pioli and Haley. But he has worked hard and if he is back to his 1,750-yard, 20-touchdown form of 2005, he will give Cassel a physical running presence to open passing lanes Cassel lacked last season in New England after Laurence Maroney got hurt.

Positional battle: Safety is the hot spot. Veteran Mike Brown, formerly of the Chicago Bears, is vying for the strong or free safety job with last year's starters Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Brown, a 10th-year veteran, brings savvy, diagnosis skills and won't be fooled the way Pollard was at times last season. Pollard appears the odd man out, considering he was a liability in coverage at times last season and could be used more as an extra run defender on early downs.

Rookie watch: Defensive end Tyson Jackson, the No. 3 overall pick, remains unsigned. The 6-4, 299-pound run stuffer doesn't have exotic pass-rush speed or sacks numbers, but he is a solid technician who should set the edge and hold up well at the point of attack. He also has the flexibility and size, a la Patriots defensive lineman Richard Seymour, to occasionally move inside on some passing downs.

On the mend: Dorsey missed the first three days of camp with an apparent lower left leg injury, as he was observed by reporters with an ice wrap around his lower left leg after failing the team's conditioning run July 31. Tight end Brad Cottam, expected to step in for the traded Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City's leading receiver the last five seasons, sat out Monday and was replaced by sixth-year pro Sean Ryan, who had a nice sideline catch of a Cassel throw.

seclark 08-04-2009 08:05 AM

who?
sec

El Jefe 08-04-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

This.

El Jefe 08-04-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 5945928)
who?
sec

Honestly I have no idea, I was just jumping on the pile. Any Bronco fan deserves a pile on.

rockymtnchief 08-04-2009 08:19 AM

I'm pretty thick skinned, but his crap got old. I got tired of all the Donkey crap and every thread getting turned into a debate about Captain Neckbeard.

Last night, he officially received my first neg rep and was put on ignore.

JOhn 08-04-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 5945955)
I'm pretty thick skinned, but his crap got old. I got tired of all the Donkey crap and every thread getting turned into a debate about Captain Neckbeard.

Last night, he officially received my first neg rep and was put on ignore.

THIS

Except I didn't ignore him, cause I want to remember to neg rep him often :evil:

big nasty kcnut 08-04-2009 08:27 AM

He suck ass. Denver sucks so does him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania 08-04-2009 08:32 AM

You guys never learn... if you want him to go away, stop feeding him. This is like the GoChiefs' effect...

JOhn 08-04-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5945982)
You guys never learn... if you want him to go away, stop feeding him. This is like the GoChiefs' effect...

ROFL

Nice name for it.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-04-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5945921)
Scott Pioli's prescription: Total culture change the fix for Chiefs
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...rom-camp_N.htm
RIVER FALLS, Wis. — There is a palpable, atmospheric change around the Kansas City Chiefs reminiscent of the kind that follows a fierce thunder storm.

There is the driven look of collective purpose etching the faces of players and coaches stemming from an extreme offseason makeover after just six wins in two seasons, including a 2-14 debacle last season.

New Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli is a former four-time NFL Executive of the Year and the noted co-architect of the three-time, Super Bowl-winning New England Patriots. Pioli started his Kansas City remodeling with critical hirings at the team's two most important spots. He hired head coach Todd Haley, the former Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator instrumental in Arizona's run to Super Bowl XLIII.

PHOTOS: Chiefs training camp

Then, Pioli traded for former Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel, an ultra-competitive, charismatic leader who stepped in for an injured Tom Brady in the first game last season to lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record. Along the way, he had to make his first start since his senior season in high school.

Pioli has been part of teams that won seven division titles during his 17 NFL seasons, participating in 21 postseason games. He knows that a turnaround starts with generating tenacious competition — hence the daily thudding Haley and his coaching staff have orchestrated in their hard-hitting, full-padded practices.

"The thing Todd and I share is we have a genuine passion and a respect for the game," Pioli says. "We're going to find people who care. Those that don't care about playing and playing well, won't be here."

Pioli and Haley, who worked together with the New York Jets from 1997-1999 when the franchise went 29-19, both have experience on teams that turned from losers into winners.

"The common trait and issues that existed in those organizations when we got there, the things we needed to change to turn that around, were the same thing," Pioli said.

"Part of it is not only changing the culture of your football team and your locker room, it's changing the culture of all the things that touch your football team and your locker room."

The makeover is a work in progress. But veterans such as former Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel, former Miami Dolphins and Dallas Cowboys middle linebacker Zach Thomas and former Seattle Seahawks slot receiver Bobby Engram are here to join Cassel in showing the way.

Can the Chiefs make a 2008 Dolphins-like turnaround from 1-15 to 11-5 and division winners?

Says Haley: "They made it tough for everybody."

"What those three teams did last year, Baltimore, Atlanta, Miami (all made the playoffs after dismal 2007 seasons) was off-the-charts phenomenal. To dream about doing something like that, I don't even know if we can think about that. But what we can do is do everything in our power to give ourselves the best chance to win every game we play.

"If we have some breaks go our way, and we ever got a chance to be in a situation like that, it would be awesome. But it's a process."

The only way to elevate a football team is by playing football, thus the padded practices.

"I want to get the team in condition and stronger, first and foremost," Haley says. "I want a mentally tough team, and a physically tough team, in order to get that, you must practice in pads.

Haley said challenging his team in camp ("It can't be an easy camp," he says.) will help them overachieve in the regular season.

"We can beat a couple of teams we're probably not as good as if we can play physical and smart," he said

Monday was the first day of two-a-days. Haley is a Bill Parcells disciple and it's showing in how he's working his team.

"I want guys who want to be here practicing and playing every day that I can count on that are the same guy every day," Haley says. "I don't even care if they're great.

"I don't want a yo-yo team and I don't want yo-yo players."

AROUND CHIEFS TRAINING CAMP

The scene: River Falls is something out of a 1960s time capsule, a small-town with a throwback main street (Sorry, Peter King, no Starbucks in town) from an Andy of Mayberry television re-run.

The Chiefs have camped out at the University of Wisconsin, River Falls for 19 years. But this is their final year in the time-warp town as they will relocate camp to Missouri Western University in St. Joseph's, Mo. It is an hour north of the Chiefs' Kansas City facility.

River Falls is a rural setting about seven miles from the scenic St. Croix River that meanders through the Minnesota and Wisconsin border. Many Chiefs fans and their families have been making River Falls a summer destination for years because the food, lodging and the accessibility to the practice field is ideal for getting an up-close glimpse of players.

Another plus is the cooler weather. Though Sunday night the air-raid signal went off in the nearby town of Hudson, Wis., (signaling the onset of a severe thunderstorm/hail storm), most of the players slept right through after Haley's tone-setting physical afternoon practice wore them out.

Reason to believe: Pioli, Haley and Cassel are dynamic leaders setting the hard-working ethos and raising the thermostat of belief. Vrabel, Thomas and Derrick Johnson are the guts of a good linebacking corps and former Pro Bowl running back Larry Johnson should take pressure off Cassel as he looks to mesh with Dwayne Bowe and Engram.

Trouble spots: The defensive line is in transition with last year's first-round pick, 4-3 defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, converting to defensive end. Former defensive end Tamba Hali is transitioning to outside linebacker. Haley and defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast may have to blitz more to generate more sacks after the Chiefs set an NFL low with 10 sacks last season.

What's new: Several players have lost weight, including Larry Johnson, who's down from 230 pounds last season to 222 pounds.

So far, Johnson acts and looks like a different guy than the sullen running back who didn't seem to want to be here last year. By his own admission, Johnson didn't figure to survive the changeover from former head coach Herm Edwards and team president Carl Peterson to Pioli and Haley. But he has worked hard and if he is back to his 1,750-yard, 20-touchdown form of 2005, he will give Cassel a physical running presence to open passing lanes Cassel lacked last season in New England after Laurence Maroney got hurt.

Positional battle: Safety is the hot spot. Veteran Mike Brown, formerly of the Chicago Bears, is vying for the strong or free safety job with last year's starters Jarrad Page and Bernard Pollard. Brown, a 10th-year veteran, brings savvy, diagnosis skills and won't be fooled the way Pollard was at times last season. Pollard appears the odd man out, considering he was a liability in coverage at times last season and could be used more as an extra run defender on early downs.

Rookie watch: Defensive end Tyson Jackson, the No. 3 overall pick, remains unsigned. The 6-4, 299-pound run stuffer doesn't have exotic pass-rush speed or sacks numbers, but he is a solid technician who should set the edge and hold up well at the point of attack. He also has the flexibility and size, a la Patriots defensive lineman Richard Seymour, to occasionally move inside on some passing downs.

On the mend: Dorsey missed the first three days of camp with an apparent lower left leg injury, as he was observed by reporters with an ice wrap around his lower left leg after failing the team's conditioning run July 31. Tight end Brad Cottam, expected to step in for the traded Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City's leading receiver the last five seasons, sat out Monday and was replaced by sixth-year pro Sean Ryan, who had a nice sideline catch of a Cassel throw.

LMAO Pure awesome.

Gonzo 08-04-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5945982)

This x Eleventy

Mile High Mania 08-04-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 5945988)
This x Eleventy

Many users here love to bitch and moan... so there are members of CP that cater to that need. You guys should actually thank them, not hate them... there's obviously a strange allure and obsession to their existence.

Gonzo 08-04-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5945993)
Many users here love to bitch and moan... so there are members of CP that cater to that need. You guys should actually thank them, not hate them... there's obviously a strange allure and obsession to their existence.

Well... It does provide the entertainment factor.

Jethopper 08-04-2009 08:49 AM

Sean Ryan = Keith Cash. Ship.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-04-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 5945993)

I love it. My weirdness is my attraction to the train wrecks. Guys like Knomo come in here all the time and face the wrath of CP. The thing that entertains me about Knomo is that I've never ever seen him respond in a negative fashion towards any of the negativity, and I know that irks certain members more than anything else.

Tell him his mom is a whore, he'll respond with his reasons why you're upset, which is obviously because the Broncos are better than the Chiefs. In his mind anyways. Shit cracks me up. I think having him onboard this year is great. After watching this shit storm that has been the Broncos offseason, having a total Donkey homer come around is perfect. I just hope he's still here when the Donx are 2-6. If not, it will all have been a waste.

Oh, and the guy personally introduced me to my firefox skin, which is the Chiefs skin. So he's automatically good in my book.

Jethopper 08-04-2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5946046)
I love it. My weirdness is my attraction to the train wrecks. Guys like Knomo come in here all the time and face the wrath of CP. The thing that entertains me about Knomo is that I've never ever seen him respond in a negative fashion towards any of the negativity, and I know that irks certain members more than anything else.

Tell him his mom is a whore, he'll respond with his reasons why you're upset, which is obviously because the Broncos are better than the Chiefs. In his mind anyways. Shit cracks me up. I think having him onboard this year is great. After watching this shit storm that has been the Broncos offseason, having a total Donkey homer come around is perfect. I just hope he's still here when the Donx are 2-6. If not, it will all have been a waste.

Oh, and the guy personally introduced me to my firefox skin, which is the Chiefs skin. So he's automatically good in my book.

FAIL

Quesadilla Joe 08-05-2009 03:40 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-...d-Allen-s-crib

Buck 08-05-2009 03:49 PM

How long until he changes his name to Tebow2724?

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-05-2009 04:01 PM

I would really love to piss on his head just like Chong did to his square neighbor in "Up In Smoke".

Quesadilla Joe 08-07-2009 05:36 PM

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13017408

The Broncos have reached an agreement on a five-year contract with Knowshon Moreno, according to two NFL sources. The deal ends the rookie tailback's 8-day holdout from training camp.
The No. 12 overall selection and first running back taken in the 2009 draft, Moreno is expected to participate in the team's first training camp workout Sunday afternoon. The team is off Saturday.
Moreno, 22, entered the draft after his sophomore season. He rushed for 2,734 yards on 5.6 yards per carry in his first two college seasons, and added another 645 yards receiving on 53 catches.
It's unclear whether the Broncos will deem Moreno ready to play in their first preseason game Friday at San Francisco, but eventually he is expected to be part of a tailback rotation that also includes veterans Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-07-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5956907)
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13017408

The Broncos have reached an agreement on a five-year contract with Knowshon Moreno, according to two NFL sources. The deal ends the rookie tailback's 8-day holdout from training camp.
The No. 12 overall selection and first running back taken in the 2009 draft, Moreno is expected to participate in the team's first training camp workout Sunday afternoon. The team is off Saturday.
Moreno, 22, entered the draft after his sophomore season. He rushed for 2,734 yards on 5.6 yards per carry in his first two college seasons, and added another 645 yards receiving on 53 catches.
It's unclear whether the Broncos will deem Moreno ready to play in their first preseason game Friday at San Francisco, but eventually he is expected to be part of a tailback rotation that also includes veterans Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan.

i smell bust

Baby Lee 08-07-2009 05:43 PM

Knomo coming on CP and talking up the Donkeys gives me the mental image of a Yugo revving it's accelerator next to a Pinto at a stoplight.

Quesadilla Joe 08-07-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5956915)
i smell bust

Not a chance!:D

Denver can get 1,000 yards out of anyone and now FINALLY we have a legit RB.

Moreno will win the offensive ROY if he stays healthy!!!!

Mr. Krab 08-07-2009 05:49 PM

Wow, way to make sure that he stays here forever by creating a thread with his name it and make him feel popular and wanted. Brilliant.

The Bad Guy 08-07-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5956923)

Correction: Mike Shanahan can get 1000 yards out of anyone.

I don't think Josh McDaniels can.

Quesadilla Joe 08-07-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab (Post 5956928)
Wow, way to make sure that he stays here forever by creating a thread with his name it and make him feel popular and wanted. Brilliant.

I use this thread because I can't create threads...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5956931)

Denver still has Bobby Turner and Rick Dennison... Shanahan let his position coaches coach.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-07-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5956923)

dam, you guys should go undefeated then, with your pro bowl qb and the ROY

orange 08-07-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5956931)

I thought it was Alex Gibbs?

Jethopper 08-07-2009 06:00 PM

Will Denver still use the zone, chop blocking system?

Mizzou_8541 08-07-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Wait, I know he defends everything Donk at every turn, but did he do something epic? Last time I saw a thread about someone like KnowMo, Midnight_Douche just got outed.

orange 08-07-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 5956962)

All indications I've seen say yes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-07-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5956990)
All indications I've seen say yes.

They need all the Cheat Codes they can get.:D

Fortunately, Donko Ver. McKid has no God Mode and never will.

Ebolapox 08-08-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab (Post 5956928)

call it a litterbox. it's much better than finding little piles of shit (which are his threads) all over the floor after a weekend of ignoring your pet.

Ebolapox 08-08-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5956942)
I use this thread because I can't create threads....

FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! (game over)

AHHHH, shit y'all done ****ed up and left me in this bitch
I'm just your average hood nagga with dreams of gettin' rich (But you don't hear me)
My crib big like a football field (football field)
You might **** around and think I signed a football deal (But you don't hear me)
I take 15 minutes to drop a track (yeah)
I take half a minute to load my gat (But you don't hear me)
I make 'em bounce all across the globe
I'm a pimp, I got your ho takin' off her clothes (But you don't hear me)
A franchise like a Houston Rocket (Houston Rocket)
Every eight months is when I usually drop it (But you don't hear me)
I got the streets on lock, I like my beats with knock
You know my heat stay cocked, naggaaaaa

Quesadilla Joe 08-12-2009 01:47 PM

Josh McDaniels' honeymoon is over at Denver Broncos training camp - Ross Tucker - SI.com
Three Observations

1. This offense is a good fit for Kyle Orton, even if he got off to a slow start. Orton doesn't have former Broncos starter Jay Cutler's natural physical ability, but he is extremely cerebral and hard-working, and was handpicked for this role by McDaniels. The Broncos veterans appear to be impressed with his early mastering of the new offense and are comfortable with him behind center.

Keep in mind, Orton had a .636 winning percentage after two years in Chicago, where he received substantial playing time. His supporting cast in Denver is significantly better than what he had in Chicago. The offensive line is one of the better units in the league and he has a full complement of other weapons at his disposal, including receivers Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Jabbar Gaffney and Brandon Stokley, tight ends Tony Scheffler and Daniel Graham, and running backs Knowshon Moreno, LaMont Jordan and Correll Buckhalter. Orton is well aware of his good fortune, telling me it is absolutely the best unit he has been surrounded by.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Broncos report: McDaniels’ camp has a distinct sound

* I entered the camp a Kyle Orton believer and I left the same way. I don’t think he’s a Pro Bowl, upper-echelon-type quarterback, but he’s smart, tough, and a more gifted passer than most people believe. He won’t carry the Broncos to a 10-6 record by himself, but I don’t think he’s a liability, either. I’m on record as saying Orton will do more positive than negative in Denver this season.

* Speaking of Orton, he’ll welcome back WR Brandon Marshall with open arms if and when that time comes. But the trio of Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney and Brandon Stokely were quite impressive throughout practice — particularly in the all-important, end-of-workout, 11-on-11 sessions. Royal is an up-and-coming star, Gaffney is crafty and solid, and Stokely will play the slot position in the three-wide set as well as Wes Welker did in the same system last year in New England.

Slainte 08-12-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5967856)
I'm pretty much a huge bundle of sticks-basket filled with FAIL.

Really? How interestin' ...

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-12-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Town'NCountryChief (Post 5967877)
Really? How interestin' ...

ROFL

orange 08-12-2009 07:30 PM

For those of you who wondered why the Broncos stockpiled so many RBs:
Torain done with the Broncos after another knee injury
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/12/2009 02:52:30 PM MDT
Updated: 08/12/2009 05:26:20 PM MDT

Ryan Torain is essentially finished with the Broncos after he was placed on the waived injured list Wednesday.

Injuries continued to haunt Torain after he was diagnosed Wednesday with a strained left knee ligament.

Torain had missed most of his rookie year in 2008 with a dislocated elbow and a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

To replace Torain, the Broncos signed former University of Texas-El Paso running back Marcus Thomas, who was at practice Wednesday. The tailback Thomas was a fifth-round draft pick of the San Diego Chargers last year.

Torain, who was impressive in one half of one game last season, was expected to get another chance provided he returned healthy from knee surgery. But Wednesday's strain ended that expectation.

The once-promising Torain returned in Week 9 last year from a dislocated elbow, but in his next game, against Cleveland, he left with a knee injury that turned out to be a torn ACL.

In another running back development, LaMont Jordan returned to practice from his leg injury Wednesday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13046080

Tribal Warfare 08-12-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5940338)
He amuses me

Soulmates

Quesadilla Joe 08-14-2009 03:48 PM

Marshall speaks about court victory
by Lindsay Jones on August 14, 2009
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...court-victory/

Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall spoke for a couple of minutes outside the courtroom Friday afternoon after an Atlanta jury found him not guilty on two misdemeanor battery charges.

“It’s been almost over a year and a half and I’m just happy that now, legally and emotionally we can move forward and hopefully get past thing,” Marshall said. “For me, I’m excited about the opportunity just to start over. It’s a new life almost.”

Marshall said he will be returning to Denver soon and that physically he is feeling good. He has not practiced since Aug. 2.

Marshall said he has received plenty of support throughout the trial from his Bronco teammates, including receiving a phone call from Elvis Dumervil at 3 a.m. EST Friday. Dumervil was three hours behind in California where the Broncos play San Francisco at 8 p.m. MST tonight.

“I told him to get some sleep, we need a sack out of him,” Marshall said. “It’s been a blessing to have my teammates and the organization standing behind me through all of this and I’m just excited we can move forward.”

Halfcan 08-14-2009 05:06 PM

Donks will have a long crappy season-and I will love it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-14-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 5973030)
Donks will have a long crappy season-and I will love it.

This.

And piss on B-Marsh and HoeMo.

Mr. Arrowhead 08-14-2009 10:14 PM

Is Kyle still great?

CrazyPhuD 08-14-2009 10:16 PM

Where's knowshit now?

Quote:

K. Orton 9/16 YDS 89 TD 0 INT 3

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-14-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5973955)
Is Kyle still great?

Why he's AWESOME, don't-cha know? :D

Awesome for us. I hope he plays in Dungver for a long time.

Bwana 08-14-2009 10:47 PM

Nice game your QB had tonight numb nuts. BA-HAHAHAHA

orange 08-15-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

K. Orton 9/16 YDS 89 TD 0 INT 3
J. Cutler 5/10 YDS 64 TD 0 INT 1

Mr. Laz 08-15-2009 08:21 PM

orange is in full damage control mode.

orange 08-15-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 5975989)
orange is in full damage control mode.

Cassel 2/5 YDS 15 TD 0 INT 0, 1 fumble

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-15-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5976195)

Cassel = NOT Orton = Good enough.

ArrowheadMagic 08-15-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 5976195)

take that line over Orton's any day.... unless you think otherwise?

LaChapelle 08-15-2009 09:27 PM

They'd bring the cart out for our second string QB. They'd just shoot Orton on the spot and drag him off the field with the gator and a grapple.

Quesadilla Joe 08-16-2009 07:49 AM

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Jay Cutler Era in Chicago all but started with a thud.

The Bears' 27-20 loss to the Bills in their exhibition opener Saturday night was supposed to be a sneak peak of what type of firepower Cutler would inject into the offense.

Well, in 14 plays he never marched his team into the end zone, threw a head-scratching floater off his back foot that Leodis McKelvin picked off and nearly had another ill-advised throw intercepted by Reggie Corner.

Thank goodness this is the preseason.

"I feel fine," Cutler said with a smirk, shrugging off any sense of urgency. There's no reason for anybody to start to panic or anything like that. It's preseason.
"We have a lot of time until Green Bay (the regular season opener on Sept. 13). If we come out and play like this against Green Bay, then we will have some problems."

Cutler completed 5 of 10 passes for 64 yards, good for a 30.8 passer rating. He displayed his cannon arm on pass plays to Devin Hester and Desmond Clark but also forced a pass between two defenders that fell incomplete and overthrew Hester deep.

While Cutler struggled without top target Greg Olsen (hip) and back Matt Forte (rest) in the lineup, the much-maligned defense looked somewhat improved under new play-caller Lovie Smith.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5693882.story

|Zach| 08-16-2009 01:18 PM

ROFL

Quesadilla Joe 08-17-2009 01:12 AM

3. I know Kyle Orton looked bad Friday when he threw three first-half interceptions, but the Broncos appeared extremely well-coached on offense. Josh McDaniels is going to be a very good head coach, especially if he can get Orton to eliminate his mistakes.

4. The Broncos changed personnel groups on every play to open the first drive against the 49ers. And once Brandon Marshall comes back, they’ll eventually have a down-the-field passing game.

6. Knowshon Moreno is good — and I mean really good. His ability to pass protect makes him a huge weapon for the Broncos, and his knee looks fine.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Post-5524.html

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2009 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5978660)
3. I know Kyle Orton looked bad Friday when he threw three first-half interceptions, but the Broncos appeared extremely well-coached on offense. Josh McDaniels is going to be a very good head coach, especially if he can get Orton to eliminate his mistakes.

4. The Broncos changed personnel groups on every play to open the first drive against the 49ers. And once Brandon Marshall comes back, they’ll eventually have a down-the-field passing game.

6. Knowshon Moreno is good — and I mean really good. His ability to pass protect makes him a huge weapon for the Broncos, and his knee looks fine.

Thank you for the timely update.

P.S. We don't care.

Tiger's Fan 08-17-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 5978660)

You either get credit for trying so hard in the face of MUCH adversity, or you're just a ****ing idiot. Toss up...

SPchief 08-17-2009 01:28 AM

3. How do you coach someone to not suck?
4. This isn't college, come gametime switching offensive personel groups every play will bite you in the ass at some point
6. I don't see anyone disputing that point

SPchief 08-17-2009 01:29 AM

and congrats on spending a day and a half finding an article that points some bright spot on the donks game

Jethopper 08-17-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5973404)
This.

And piss on B-Marsh and HoeMo.

Sorry Melvin, piss on Herm/insert name/etc. will never catch on. Stop while your still behind.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 5978676)
Sorry Melvin, piss on Herm/insert name/etc. will never catch on. Stop while your still behind.

I don't recall ringing the bell for the piss-boy, but since you're here...(unzip).

Jethopper 08-17-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5978680)
I don't recall ringing the bell for the piss-boy, but since you're here...(unzip).

Benny P sucks Melvin. Sorry.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-17-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 5978681)
Benny P sucks Melvin. Sorry.

NO TALKING! You'll make the piss crawl back up.

Quesadilla Joe 08-18-2009 10:24 AM

Haley greets work-in-progress Chiefs team with grueling camp
Vic Carucci | NFL.com

RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- It's easy to understand why most Kansas City Chiefs players would be happy to be in the final week of "Camp Hell," also known as Todd Haley's first training camp as an NFL head coach.

The Chiefs clearly have one of the more grueling camps in the league. Haley has had his team in pads and hitting for all but one day since Aug. 1, when practices began at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. He also has had his players running more than most, if not all, can remember doing at any level of football. Certainly, there aren't other NFL teams that make players run in practice as much as the Chiefs do.

"It's something your body has to get used to," tight end Brad Cottam said. "You've got to get used to getting iced up every day and getting treatment and eating a good lunch and dinner and everything. You've got to really take care of your body, because we are killing ourselves out there."

But that's how it is when the job is to turn around a team that finished 2-14 last year. Haley believes that, in order to create a winning atmosphere, he must instill greater discipline and get players accustomed to dealing with a more demanding work load.

And demanding is Haley's middle name. When players make mistakes, they must run from one end of the field to the other. It's to the point where neither Haley nor any of his assistant coaches has to tell a player to run after a mistake. The player committing the error does so automatically.

Haley also is extremely vocal during workouts. He can be constantly heard shouting encouragement and criticism, while clapping his hands. When wide receiver Terrance Copper slipped and fell during a drill, Haley, who was standing near him, said, "Come on, Cop, get up!" Copper quickly jumped to his feet.

Linebacker Derrick Johnson is one player who will be relieved when camp breaks Friday, after the Chiefs bus to nearby Minneapolis for a preseason game against the Vikings.

"It's hard, it's hard ... it's really hard," linebacker Johnson said. "It's testing us."

Observation deck

» Dwayne Bowe still seems to have some work to do to win the confidence of Haley, who demoted the wide receiver from first to third string because he was dissatisfied with his practice habits and conditioning.

Bowe performed well after entering Saturday night's 16-10, preseason-opening loss to Houston off the bench, catching five passes for 70 yards. However, watching him in drills, you don't see a consistently strong enough effort to convince Haley that he should be a primary target.

» Scott Pioli is no stranger to the operation of an NFL front office. He spent the past nine seasons as vice president of player personnel for the New England Patriots. But he has quickly found that there is a dramatic difference when you're a team's general manager, a job he is filling for the first time with the Chiefs.

Pioli has to keep his eyes on a broader array of issues than before. That was a bit of reality that he discovered during the team's preseason opener.

"In New England, with nine years there, a lot of the operation was up and running, a lot of things took care of themselves," Pioli said. "With this situation, I was paying attention to not only what was happening on the field, but just the overall general operation, because there are a lot of people that touch the game-day experience and can possibly touch our players and affect our players prior to a game ... (such as) how many people the marketing department are bringing to our bench area, what's going on there? I think it was a little distracting at first because I'm paying attention to a lot of things that I wasn't paying attention to in the past."

» The Chiefs have to have one of the more vocal coaching staffs in the league. Besides Haley's non-stop yelling during practice, they have two other assistant coaches who can be constantly heard in Tim Krumrie (defensive line) and Bill Muir (offensive line). Both are superb teachers, and are quick to correct mistakes.

» The days of training camp being held in a remote location far from home are all but gone in the NFL. The Chiefs, one of the few to do so, are in the final days of calling the University of Wisconsin-River Falls their summer address, as they have since 1991.

Beginning next summer, they'll train at Missouri Western State University, which is only an hour drive from Kansas City compared to the seven hours it takes to get here from KC by car. The Chiefs' practices don't attract many fans, thus eliminating the chance to capitalize on marketing and sales opportunities, the primary reason most clubs practice at their own facilities or close to home.

Surprise, surprise

The Chiefs have placed a great deal of focus on having a much stronger passing game. That's why they hired Haley, who previously oversaw the explosive offense of the Arizona Cardinals, as their coach. That's why they made a trade with the Patriots for Matt Cassel and then signed him to a six-year contract worth a reported $63 million contract. That's why Haley frequently barks to his quarterbacks and receivers, "Score every time we touch the ball!"

So far, however, the Chiefs haven't shown a whole lot of noticeable improvement in how they throw the ball.

During practice and an intrasquad scrimmage, their aerial attack has not looked particularly sharp. And the trend continued against the Texans. Cassel completed only two of five passes for 15 yards.

This is the same quarterback who 3,693 yards and 21 touchdowns in place of the injured Tom Brady last season. What isn't the same for Cassel is a receiving corps that lacks exceptionally talented players such as Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Haley also has quickly come to the realization that he no longer has Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin at receiver.

This looks like a work in progress ... with emphasis on the work part.

Rookie report

» Defensive end Tyson Jackson, whom the Chiefs selected from LSU with the third overall pick of the draft, has gotten off to a slow start in camp.

Part of that is because he didn't sign his contract until a week after camp began. But the bigger problem appears to be his need to develop better techniques in hand-to-hand combat with offensive linemen. At LSU, Jackson rarely needed to rely on being a good technician. He was able to get the better of most opponents with his athletic ability and strength. It's different in the NFL, where experienced offensive linemen know how to lock onto a defender and prevent him from getting separation.

"Overall, it's been a learning experience," Jackson said. "I still have a whole lot to do and I still have a whole lot to get better at. Just using my hands better -- staying low, getting under my shoulder pads, and delivering a blow to offensive linemen. That, and using my hands more as far as extension goes and just to get off of offensive linemen to make the play on the running back."

» The only placekicker the Chiefs have in training camp is seventh-round choice Ryan Succop, who, as the final pick of the draft, was "Mr. Irrelevant" for 2009. Against the Texans, he nailed a 47-yard field goal in the rain and both of his kickoffs reached the end zone. He also has shown good consistency in practice.

But just because there are no other placekickers on the roster doesn't mean Succop lacks competition.

"We made it very clear to Ryan that he wasn't going to be the only kicker in camp because he's won the job," Pioli said. "He actually needs to understand that this is pressure. He's the only guy here, and if he doesn't do the job, we're quickly going to find someone else. There are always a number of long-snappers, punters, and kickers that are NFL quality that are sitting out on the street not doing anything, and there's a good chance that they're going to be playing in the league somewhere this year."

» When the Chiefs made Colin Brown their fifth-round draft pick from Missouri, they envisioned him playing at right offensive tackle, his position in college. Sure enough, the 6-foot-7, 337-pound Brown lined up there at the start of camp, but after a week, he moved to right guard, where he has performed significantly better. It seems Brown's effectiveness at tackle in college was likely enhanced by Missouri's base no-huddle offense, which is not the Chiefs' scheme.

Lasting image

You look at the Chiefs' offensive and defensive linemen, and you don't see any of the large bellies that are somewhat common for the position.

The players are large, but generally lean. From the start of offseason workouts, Haley has emphasized that his team be in top physical condition. He is proud that the team has lost about 760 pounds (mostly shed by linemen), and it shows on the field.

The linemen all show good movement. They might not necessarily be meshing all that well at this point, but they are pretty light on their feet.

The question is, are they too light? We won't have that answer until the season begins.

Say what?

"Coach (Haley) made a point to tell us, 'There's no light at the end of the tunnel right now.' So we're not looking for a way out. We're just grinding, grinding, grinding." -- Linebacker Derrick Johnson.

Extra points

» Clearly uncomfortable with what they have at wide receiver, the Chiefs on Sunday added Ashley Lelie, who practiced with the team Monday morning. Lelie didn't do a whole lot on the field, but the team is hoping, with his speed, he could provide a game-breaking threat. They'd be satisfied to get anything close to what he was in his top form after joining the Broncos as a first-round pick in 2002.

» The Chiefs have been smart about their transition from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. They are not doing a wholesale change. New defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast is using a hybrid scheme that incorporates elements of the 4-3, as well as the base 3-4. Only two players face major adjustments: Tamba Hali and Turk McBride, both of whom are switching from end to outside linebacker. They clearly have work to do to get comfortable.

» The Chiefs aren't expecting to use the tight end as a receiver as much as they did with Tony Gonzalez, whom they traded to Atlanta. Although Cottam hasn't seen much indication of heavy tight end involvement in practice, he knows that could change once the regular season begins and the Chiefs actually game plan for opponents.

» Veteran linebacker Zach Thomas missed his 11th day of camp with a suspected injury to his left hamstring or quadriceps, but he isn't worried. "I'm feeling a lot better," Thomas said. "It is the preseason and I want to definitely be smart, be ready for that first (regular-season) game, for sure. But I definitely need to get back out there and get in football shape."

Chiefs camp video

Quiet Storm 08-19-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethopper (Post 5956962)

LMAO

It's so funny how Donk fans thought Cutler was the messiah...now that he is gone...not so much.

orange 08-19-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 5985277)
LMAO

It's so funny how Donk fans thought Cutler was the messiah...now that he is gone...not so much.

When he was here, he had great potential, but he delivered a losing record. Now that he's gone, there's no potential anymore - just the losing.

It's not really hard to understand at all.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-19-2009 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm (Post 5985277)
LMAO

Even funnier is that both Cutler AND Orton looked like total turds last week. :D

Quesadilla Joe 08-21-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Despite critics, McDaniels has no regrets
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32404674/ns/sports-nfl//
By Tom E. Curran
NBCSports.com
updated 6:30 p.m. ET, Wed., Aug 19, 2009

The fist is drawn back, brass knuckles firmly in place.

All the fist needs is an excuse. A flat, lazy, confused performance by the Denver Broncos defense. An August evening where confusion reigns for the Denver offense.

Then — with the force of a few million “Told ya sos” behind it — the fist will come crashing.

Josh McDaniels knows all that. And he’s way past worrying about it. At 33, seven months into his first head coaching job, he’s already battle-scarred. He sees the fist and he’s ready to duck it.

And — finally — he gets to counter-punch.

“I think that people have underestimated plenty of things through the past seven months,” McDaniels said by phone last week. “Everything that people say, everything that critics may want to write, it all rings hollow until the season. When you play the games, that’s when the truth is told.”

McDaniels’ rebuttal began last Friday night in Denver’s 17-16 exhibition loss at San Francisco. For the league’s 31 other head coaches, the first preseason game is relatively meaningless. For McDaniels, it was his chance to begin answering those who believe he’s in over his head.

“With all the distractions we’ve had this offseason, it will be good for everybody to get moving into Josh’s first year — for us to play, for him to coach and for our team to start to shut some people up,” said Broncos wide receiver Jabar Gaffney.

McDaniels never got a honeymoon period in Denver. Hired in January to take over after franchise icon Mike Shanahan was stunningly fired after a 14-year run, the early debate was whether A) Shanahan needed to go and B) whether McDaniels, a longtime Patriots assistant coach and offensive coordinator, was ready to take over a team.

Before that debate was put to rest, the Jay Cutler Affair blew up in late February. To Cutler, the Broncos talented young quarterback, the fact McDaniels would entertained the possibility of trading him and replacing him with former Pats quarterback Matt Cassel was a betrayal. Through March, McDaniels worked to allay Cutler’s concerns while making sure it was clear the head coach wasn’t answerable to the quarterback. But Cutler wouldn’t forgive and move on. He dug in his heels, demanded a trade and was shipped to the Bears.

When the deal was made in early April, few people cared about the bounty of picks Denver got in exchange for Cutler or whether ex-Bears quarterback Kyle Orton could cut it with the Broncos. Nobody was talking about the fact that McDaniels coordinated the most devastating offense in league history, the 2007 Patriots with their 75 touchdowns and 18-1 record. It was forgotten that, in 2008, McDaniels had helped Cassel — a career backup and an ineffective one at that — lead the Pats to an 11-5 record.

The conversation was, basically, whether Josh McDaniels had ruined his career in Denver in his first 70 days on the job.

Ignore the football debate for a moment and consider how harsh the mental challenge must have been for McDaniels. He’d worked the levels of football to get to this point. From being a kid playing football in Canton, Ohio learning from his father, Thom, an Ohio coaching legend. To being a quarterback/wide receiver for a Division III program, John Carroll University. To a succession of gofer jobs, assistant’s jobs and then the coordinator’s job in New England.

Then, having been rewarded for his diligence with his own team, McDaniels had turned into a punching bag for reasons that had nothing to do with Xs and Os.

Yet asked if he had regrets, McDaniels doesn’t pause.

“I have not second-guessed myself or anything that this organization has done (this offseason),” McDaniels said “You have to be able to decide what’s best for the football team not only ‘now’ but going forward. Sometimes those decisions are hard to make but you make them. And when you make them you don’t look back on them, you just do everything in your power to make it the right decision.”

McDaniels’ response is a learned one.

During eight seasons in New England, McDaniels watched as Patriots head coach Bill Belichick parried second-guessing and controversy. From quarterback changes to the so-called “Spygate” dustup, Belichick’s ability to chart a course then not waver from it was maddening to outsiders but ideal for an NFL coach.

“Bill had a great ability to focus on what was in front of him,” said McDaniels. “Draft, free agency, mini-camps, training camp, games. If you paid attention and listened and watched intensely, you learned that, in order to handle his role you have to be able to switch gears. You can’t help but learn being around him.”

Belichick says he’s talked to McDaniels “more than a couple of times” since he’s gone to Denver but not to give advice. “I don’t think that’s our relationship,” Belichick said this week. “He’s coaching his team, I’m coaching my team and everybody else is coaching their team. It’s more (coaching and team-related discussions) than fatherly advice.”

Asked whether “decisiveness” is a valuable asset, Belichick corrects and says, “The most important thing for a head coach is to make good decisions. Whatever that means in relation to your team. We’ve all made bad decisions, but once you’ve made a decision that you find out is not the right one you try to change it.”

There is no proof yet that any of McDaniels’ decisions have been bad. But the evidence is about to start pouring in.

“Everyone wants to know how he’ll coach, how the team will respond,” said Gaffney, one of several ex-Patriots McDaniels brought with him to Denver. “A lot of questions will be answered after this first game. (McDaniels) has shown leadership since day one. He’s put his foot down, put in his system and he expects people to perform at a high level. I haven’t had to defend him. Everybody trusts him and believes in him. Nobody is questioning his leadership. We’re coming together and everyone can finally see that if we go out there and do things right and trust in him and trust in the system he’ll put us in a position to win.”

Heading into this first season, McDaniels is buoyant.

“I see a change in our team and an understanding from our players and staff of the philosophy I’m trying to implement on how we will prepare to win,” he said. “Not just to play, but to win. They are grasping what we’re asking of them.”

The offseason from hell is almost over. McDaniels’ Broncos are currently tied for the best record in the NFL (with 31 other teams) at 0-0.

“This job is everything I thought it would be and I’m excited to get to the part of the year where you’re truly judged,” he said. “I can’t wait to get started.”
Sounds like all this "controversy" that the media puts out there has done nothing but bring the players closer together. :)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-21-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

“This job is everything I thought it would be and I’m excited to get to the part of the year where you’re truly judged,” he said. “I can’t wait to get started.”
So are we Joshy-poo, so are we.

:fire:

Hammock Parties 08-22-2009 07:22 AM

I just had an epiphany where KnowMo2724 is concerned.

I realize his purpose now.

He is the harbinger of their ultimate DOOM coming in the regular season.

Their offseason of FAIL has been legendary. The fact that he showed up at the same time is not coincidence.

Probably, at some point, a prophecy was made that a dumbass Broncos fan of EPIC proportions would show up on Chiefsplanet, make completely ignorant statements about the Denver Broncos, be ridiculed far and wide, and generally be hated.

And then the Broncos would SUCK at a HIGH LEVEL for 16 games. And he would be destroyed.

Everything happens for a reason.

KnowMo2724 has a purpose.

THE ULTIMATE RIDICULE

This fall EVERYTHING he has posted will come back to haunt him. He will be the poster boy for Denver's awful season.

And it will be a shitload of fun.