ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Spartacus: Blood and Sand (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219264)

Fish 06-02-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6794761)
Legitimately watched 3 episodes but ultimately found it too insulting to watch. Seriously, the nudity shots were flat out clues the editor/director/writer knew they had weak shit so they threw it in there. Any time it got slow, boobs. Any time the action wasn't cutting it, boobs.

I held that mindset through the first few episodes. But it became clear over the course of the first season that the nudity was anything but a filler for actual storyline. The storyline and character development is what made the series.

Silock 06-02-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Legitimately watched 3 episodes but ultimately found it too insulting to watch. Seriously, the nudity shots were flat out clues the editor/director/writer knew they had weak shit so they threw it in there. Any time it got slow, boobs. Any time the action wasn't cutting it, boobs.

You know how I know you're gay?

irishjayhawk 06-02-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6794909)
I held that mindset through the first few episodes. But it became clear over the course of the first season that the nudity was anything but a filler for actual storyline. The storyline and character development is what made the series.

There's actual character development?

Granted, I only watched three episodes but it was hard to get through. Character dev is my type of element. So, I'm curious there's enough development to see an actual arc?

Also, the nudity is just icing on the cake in terms of what it says about the show. It seemed very contrived from a story POV.

Silock 06-02-2010 08:21 PM

Keep going, dude. It gets way better.

KcMizzou 06-02-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6795547)
Keep going, dude. It gets way better.

Agreed. It starts off like a cheap knock off of "300"... but it's not as "dumb" as it seems in the first few episodes. It's well worth your time, IMO.

L.A. Chieffan 06-02-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6631659)
the episode where they fight those freaks underground was by far the best. the theocolies fight was pretty badass too.

i just like it because my wife will watch it with me AND theres tits and ass in almost every scene

underground battle dude. watch it

DaKCMan AP 06-03-2010 06:47 AM

I watched the first episode a few weeks ago. If I am bored and have the time I'll watch more.

Fish 06-03-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6795442)
There's actual character development?

Granted, I only watched three episodes but it was hard to get through. Character dev is my type of element. So, I'm curious there's enough development to see an actual arc?

Also, the nudity is just icing on the cake in terms of what it says about the show. It seemed very contrived from a story POV.

Absolutely. Through the first few episodes, I really didn't expect for the series to last, let alone to hold my attention. It really really picks up after the 3rd episode or so. Comparing the season finale to the premier... you'd swear they were written by totally different people. It started as a guilty pleasure for me along the same lines of a B-rate movie I'd see on Syfy. But it actually developed into a story that had me anxious for new episodes. It's not HBO Rome quality, but it's pretty damn good.

vailpass 06-03-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Are you seriously that big of a tool?

irishjayhawk 06-03-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 6796624)
Are you seriously that big of a tool?

As I've said, it's not the nudity itself, but what it represents: a cover-up for piss poor storytelling.

irishjayhawk 06-03-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6796120)
Absolutely. Through the first few episodes, I really didn't expect for the series to last, let alone to hold my attention. It really really picks up after the 3rd episode or so. Comparing the season finale to the premier... you'd swear they were written by totally different people. It started as a guilty pleasure for me along the same lines of a B-rate movie I'd see on Syfy. But it actually developed into a story that had me anxious for new episodes. It's not HBO Rome quality, but it's pretty damn good.

Then perhaps I'll pick it back up.

Pants 06-03-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6796638)
Then perhaps I'll pick it back up.

Be careful, there's still the occasional tit in there. Don't want you to throw a hissy fit over, God forbid, some nudity!

:D

vailpass 06-03-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 6796637)
As I've said, it's not the nudity itself, but what it represents: a cover-up for piss poor storytelling.

Sorry, you just sounded little prissy but then again it could just be the way I percieved it. I wouldn't try to tell you what movies or shows or books to like anymore than I would expect you to tell me.
Cheers.

WoodDraw 09-19-2010 03:23 AM

Spartacus has dropped out due to cancer treatment. Not sure I can imagine the show going on with anyone else. Best of luck to him

Silock 09-19-2010 03:51 AM

Damn :(