ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do you go to a chiropractor? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188917)

Bowser 08-11-2008 01:30 PM

Do you go to a chiropractor?

Ever been to one, or known someone that goes to one? There seems to be no middle ground when it comes to chiropractors - either people love them or hate them. Looking for opinions if it would be a good idea or not to see one.

Fish 08-11-2008 01:33 PM

I view chiropractors on the same level as psychics and carnies.....

Demonpenz 08-11-2008 01:37 PM

great if you want your kids to be autistic

booyaf2 08-11-2008 01:37 PM

i go when the ol back is completely messed up. To the point i can't turn my head one way or another. They always get me back in line. I've heard people say a massage works just as well though.

gblowfish 08-11-2008 01:39 PM

No, but I played poker with one on Saturday night.

HemiEd 08-11-2008 01:39 PM

I highly recommend a good one. They have helped me out of pain, several times. In fact, I went this morning, since I was out of kilter.

They are all the same though, would like to have you on a regular basis. I did that for years, screw that. I now go when I feel like I need to.

JuicesFlowing 08-11-2008 01:47 PM

Never been to one in my life. But I've never needed one either.

Rooster 08-11-2008 01:47 PM

I wouldn't go to one but I know people who swear by them.

KCUnited 08-11-2008 01:52 PM

I tore all 4 ligaments in my right knee 11 years ago. Towards the close of my 2nd year of rehab I developed Sciatica that really shut me down with pain. No physical therapy helped and I couldn't stretch out of it. A buddy of mine was a student at Cleveland Chiropractic so I went to see him for treatment and after a solid 5 weeks of treatment my pain had been managed. I will always recommend a good chiropracter.

CrazyPhuD 08-11-2008 01:57 PM

While for the most part chiropractor's are relatively harmless, if you let them do neck adjustments you're just a ****ing idiot, unless you don't really like walking.

Personally I probably will never go to them, that said real doctors aren't perfect either with our tendency to over medicate. It's the damned if you do damned if you don't. My general response is just to suck it up and deal, but I've never had chronic pain so I've been lucky.

BIG_DADDY 08-11-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 4907774)
While for the most part chiropractor's are relatively harmless, if you let them do neck adjustments you're just a ****ing idiot, unless you don't really like walking.

Personally I probably will never go to them, that said real doctors aren't perfect either with our tendency to over medicate. It's the damned if you do damned if you don't. My general response is just to suck it up and deal, but I've never had chronic pain so I've been lucky.

Which just goes to show that some of the worst advise you can get is right here at the planet. Unfriggenbelievable.

Iowanian 08-11-2008 02:00 PM

When you have bones that get out of place, get a sting from pinched nerves and sometimes can't turn your head.....and can when you walk out, even if the visit sucks, its worth it.

I've hurt myself enough over the years that I have to go in spurts.....sometimes 6mo-1yr without a visit, sometimes several visits in a couple of month timeframe. When you have enough bones and joints that have been broken and dislocated, you're going to HAVE to go to a cracker at some point. Some things, only get worse when you don't go get the treatment.

It depends on what activity I've been doing.

In short...I go when I have to, and because i have to.

chasedude 08-11-2008 02:00 PM

I went and saw one once, he was so young he could have been Dougie Howser. He did help me out with my back when I needed to though.

Skip Towne 08-11-2008 02:01 PM

I wouldn't go to one under any circumstances.

siberian khatru 08-11-2008 02:03 PM

I wouldn't call them a "GODSEND," but I have gone to chiros when I've thrown my back out and they have helped me a lot. And I previously was a non-believer. However, I was desperate one time and went, everything turned out well, and I've used them since when necessary.